Have you ever predicted wrongly?

Ronia

Sure! And often! But I'm with those who think they were wrong and not the cards. My problem is the huge number of meanings associated to each card and the hundreds of possible scenarios when many cards are involved. I often read the wrong scenario. Often I read more negative than I should being afraud of wishful thinking. It results in fear from the cards which is worse than reading false positive. But I'm also new to Tarot and these are things I must go through, I think. On the other hand, I'm not sure I'll ever be able to read accurately every time. There are too many factors in play.

SunChariot

starshine81 said:
I am pretty new in Tarot (1 year) and i have like a 100000 questions for you guys. But for the start, i am interested to know how accurate were your predictions so far. And if some of them failed, did you notice afterwards where your mistake was? I know Tarot is never lying, only the readers make mistakes. But have you actually seen them eventually?
I see Tarot as my angel from whom i have a lot to learn due to its wisdom. I couldn't live my life wihtout this beautiful art now, i would feel like a part of my soul is missing.
I can't wait for your answers.
Love,
Starshine.

That is a complicated question. Just because the future does not turn out as you predicted does not mean you predicted wrongly or that your reading was wrong.

The thing about the future is that it is not set in stone and very changable. Tarot readings about the future are affected by that fact. The very best a Tarot reading on the future can do is accurate predict the future the querent is moving towards at the exact moment in the time the reading was done. A reading can never do more than that and that future is subject to change.

Sometimes something as simple as having the reading done and hearing the answer is enough to change the future outcome. EG, a person who is worried about passing an exam has a reading done about the outcome of the exam and the cards say they will pass with flying colours. Of course that IS where they were heading at the time the reading was done, because their worry about the outcome would have lead them to study hard.

So suddenly they have this reading and they hear they are going to pass with flying colours so they don't study they next few days and do badly. So there you have a reading saying they would pass with flying colours but they did not do well. Even if the outcome was other than given in the reading, was the reading wrong or inaccurate? My view is that it was perfectly accurate for teh time it was done, but that future changed afterwards.

So yes, I have had readings where the outcome was not as predicted. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. Usually things do follow a predictable pattern unless you consciously change them. Because people really do tend to be creatures of habit, they can be predicted. For me when the outcome does not come out as predicted, I don't think of it as the reading being inaccurate, I just take it for granted that the future must have changed since the time the reading was done.

Because I hold these beliefs, whenever I do a reading on the future for someone, I always tell them this from the start...about the nature of the future and how it can change. I then ask them if they still want that reading, as so far everyone has said yes.

But that is my answer. When it happens i don't see it as the prediction being wrong. I believe the future is quite fluid and I tend to just think instead that the future must have changed since the reading was done. Most of my predictions are right, but if one is not, I do not think of it as a mistake I made, just the fluidity of the future at work.

Feel free to ask any more questions you have. :grin:

Babs

starshine81

the replies are really helpful. i've also noticed when i am upset or have too much thinking about my problems i really cant connect to other's person issue.
you know that type of people who say, tell me something about me, if you're a reader you can see, what can you tell me about me. God, this is annoying. i feel like that person is testing tarot and i respect it too much to do that. and also, some poeple really dont even know what tarot is about. they think we read like in a globe where we see the future. oh wouldnt that be easy?
SunChariot, your answer could be the essence of the answer here: tarot doesnt predict wrong, people are the one changing it because of their free will and sometimes tarot wakes them up..do something othwerwise it happens this and that or in worse..if the outcome is great then why should i bother..

great replies, thank you all!

PS but are you able to predict time?

Promise

starshine81 said:

I try to stay away from issues of timing. I feel that a Tarot reading gives a snapshot of the energies surrounding a particular person or situation at the time the reading is done, and every single decision made or action taken after the fact changes any potential outcomes. So to predict timing, to me, just seems like setting yourself up to be incorrect; you can't be absolutely positive that things will play out a certain way, so why add more room for error by trying to slap a time-frame on it?

I feel like people can become far too dependent on Tarot readings, and by trying to add timing into it, it just fosters that dependence. For example, if you do a reading and tell your querent that she can expect a new relationship offer within a month, and then a month passes and things have changed and energies have changed and she hasn't gotten that relationship offer just yet, it's going to either make her doubt Tarot as a whole, or put her in a mindset of desperation and she's going to come back for another reading, and then the cycle continues on. I've had this happen to me a few too many times, which is why I shy away from timing questions all together.

If you're comfortable with it, then great! Find a system that works well for you and test it out, see if you can get accurate timing results with it. For me, however, it just doesn't work, and that's fine by me. :)

starshine81

no, never worked. i thought i have a problem or that i'm doing somehting wrong. but i 've seen here some spreads about timing and i felt like asking if you were succesful with it. thank you for your answer, Promise

SunChariot

starshine81 said:
the replies are really helpful. i've also noticed when i am upset or have too much thinking about my problems i really cant connect to other's person issue.
you know that type of people who say, tell me something about me, if you're a reader you can see, what can you tell me about me. God, this is annoying. i feel like that person is testing tarot and i respect it too much to do that. and also, some poeple really dont even know what tarot is about. they think we read like in a globe where we see the future. oh wouldnt that be easy?
SunChariot, your answer could be the essence of the answer here: tarot doesnt predict wrong, people are the one changing it because of their free will and sometimes tarot wakes them up..do something othwerwise it happens this and that or in worse..if the outcome is great then why should i bother..

great replies, thank you all!

I dont read when I am not feeling emotionally up to it: tired, worried...etc. because I know it lowers the quality of my work and if I do something I want to do it well. I don't do a reading for someone who I sense is just testing me or skeptical. Tarot is a very spiritual, beautiful thing to me. I need someone to be open minded before I will read for them, because it is not something to be mocked or made fun of. To me it is a spiritual connection.

I personally don't do timing questions. I have in the past, but it is too hard to be accurate, for all the reasons listed in my first post in this thread. Because the future is too easily changed and the timing of somethign is the thing most likely to change. I find it's hardly worth it to ask for me because so very often the timing changes and that makes the answer useless.

At least timing questions like when something will happen. I do use questions with timing included like "What will happen in "X's" romantic life in the next two months?"

That is my opinion anyway.

Talking about some people not knowing what Tarot is all about...you have no idea HOW many people do this to me: When I tell them in person I am a Tarot reader, they hold out their palm to me and say "Read my palms!" ROFL. I get this all the time. I then say "I don't read palms, I only read Tarot." And then they get this blank look on them like I had just told them we were standing on the moon. It's happened SO many times it's starting to get funny.

Babs

lilangel09

I just read the cards wrong. Sometimes I don't know how I read it wrong, and sometimes I figure it out later. Sometimes 'wrong' isn't bad. Say the predicted event is 'bad,' and it turns out later it doesn't happen. Well, hooray! Most of the time these things are right, but every once in awhile I get it wrong.

I've had 100% success predicting the day a package will arrive without knowing the tracking info or the day it was sent out, but I sometimes get things wrong in readings. I've not practiced timing when it comes to people because there are factors like free will, other people's free will and influence, and personal timing.