Do you ever have doubts?

starrystarrynight

I think it depends on how you look at tarot and how it might work for you. I think the images on the cards help a reader tap into is/her own subconscious, which is connected to the collective unconscious (extended energy or "As Above, So Below"?), and once the reader becomes comfortable with the metaphors offered in the images and how they speak to him, he should be able to "translate" them with reasonable comfort.

So, I guess I don't ever doubt that the cards "work"...just whether or not I'm translating them correctly at the time of the reading.

Alta

I don't doubt the cards, I have seen them work too often. Sometimes my head isn't working that day though!

Aerin

I think it may depend on your belief system around Tarot.

I tend towards Le Fanu's view of how it may work and I don't doubt that my mind can find meaning in the cards no matter which cards I draw.

I wouldn't be without my cards, I think Tarot is a powerful tool.

firefrost

Aerin said:
I tend towards Le Fanu's view of how it may work and I don't doubt that my mind can find meaning in the cards no matter which cards I draw.

I wouldn't be without my cards, I think Tarot is a powerful tool.

I agree!

nisaba

Magicienne said:
I have a long relationship with the Tarot and it has been an important tool in my life but sometimes I do have doubts about it.
Anybody else ever experiance this?
I know I have a robust ego and this will come as a shock to most of you, but ...

From time to time, I actually have doubts about *myself*.

And occasionally, I doubt my ability to handle and use things ... cars ... Tarot decks ... whatever.

I don't actually remember ever doubting the things I use (for instance, those cars, Tarot decks or whatever) - they exist, and if you know how to drive them, they work.

WalesWoman

nisaba said:
I know I have a robust ego and this will come as a shock to most of you, but ...

From time to time, I actually have doubts about *myself*.

And occasionally, I doubt my ability to handle and use things ... cars ... Tarot decks ... whatever.

I don't actually remember ever doubting the things I use (for instance, those cars, Tarot decks or whatever) - they exist, and if you know how to drive them, they work.
I doubt myself much more often than anything else, I probably have less doubts about tarot because even tho' I miss the real meaning sometimes, it's not the tarots fault. Even when I'm confused, time always tells and it becomes clear.

gregory

Of course.

But that hasn't stopped me yet :D Not once I got started !

Nevada

I mostly doubt myself when reading for others. I don't when reading for myself. Though sometimes I should, LOL.

Do I doubt tarot though? Yes, from time to time I go through a spate of doubting there's anything to it. But then I do some readings for myself and get amazed all over again by the synchronicity factor. It can really wow me if I relax and let it. :)

Black Crosis

NOTE: I am a Psych major, so my view is a bit biased.

I'm new to the Tarot and I really haven't had many readings. I'm THAT new. However, I know what I do believe: I do not doubt the Tarot. The Tarot, as a tool, has a different meaning for each card, some similar and some different. Nevertheless, these meanings are meant to be "aspects" of the human condition. And since there's a whole lot more than 78 aspects to us all, (they are literally uncountable in scale,) there is no card that will never relate in some way. Ever.

We may not see the connections, but the point is that there is one. No matter how small, it is present in our life in some way. I'll admit, I don't believe in the Tarot's ability to "divine" the future, but I know that it will "tell" you what is to come. You may not see it, but that's because your subconscious doesn't realize you've seen it. There is a reason we have a subconscious: to sort out the seemingly useless and unimportant input from the world around us and hide the aspects of ourselves we fear or hate. The Tarot provides our subconscious a method to filter some of that "unimportant" or "unwanted" information to our conscious awareness. It won't always be able to find the right "data", but it will look and that is why I know I don't currently and will never doubt the Tarot. Only my subconscious's ability to feed me the meaningful information.

But hey, I'm biased...

greatdane

Well Said, Black Crosis....

I have a similar perspective and see the tarot as a tool. We make our own connections and see our own similarities at any given time.

Nice to see you posting!

GD