Dominos as Tarot cards

TůRo cards

Since there are only 28 dominos and 78 cards in a standard Tarot deck, you might think this is a bit of a stretch, but consider this for a minute. 2x28 = 56, the number of cards which aren't in the major arcana. 22 = letters in the Hebrew (and Phoenecian) alphabet. So, since 28 also = number of letters in the Arabic alphabet and number of lunar mansions (and they've historically already been matched up since the 13th century)... well... domino tarot isn't too much of a stretch after all. Each domino represents 2-3 cards based on astrological/letter correspondences. The physical orientation of the domino drawn allows one to decide which card is indicated. And if you can't do without the potential for reversed cards in a reading... flip the dominos like you would a handful of coins and see which way they land.

It has certain advantages to more traditional Tarot readings- you can pick the indicated card from among several decks to get the reading which resonates the most, for one. For another, it establishes links between the Major arcana and many of the minor arcan cards based on the lunar mansion/alphabet correspondence. Plus, you get a gematria reading as an additional bonus.

The domino oracle project is something I've been working on in my spare time for a few years, and since I have around a dozen 78 card Tarot decks, it can be a useful way to get a Tarot reading without needing to choose the deck of the day.

Talk to me, let me know what you think of the idea. Yes, no, maybe or...?