Tarot Lovers' Calendar 2012 Cover Contest

Major Tom

I am holding a contest to design the cover for the 2012 - Tenth Anniversary Edition of the Tarot Lovers' Calendar. The winning design will be used as the cover and the winning designer will get a copy of the 2012 calendar and a tarot reading from me.

We've had some really brilliant entries the last few of years with The78thFool winning in 2007, jmd in 2008, artandwords in 2009 and Draagonstorm in both 2010 & 2011. This is a real chance to get your work noticed. I especially want to encourage those who've entered before to enter again, as well as, those who've never entered to give the contest a go. Previous winners will tell you that they did not expect to win.

The Tarot Lovers' Calendars are a reflection of the talent of the members of the Aeclectic Tarot Forums with all the content produced by forum members. A percentage of any profits are returned to the Forums.

The rules:

1. Contest open to all members of the Aeclectic Tarot Forums. One entry per person please.

2. Original designs must be A4 size, that is, 210X297mm or 805X1170 pixels @ 300 dpi for electronically produced work as a minimum. Larger works may be submitted for reduction to A4 size. The calendar's content is in portrait layout. Entries to be submitted via email so any paintings or drawings must be photographed or scanned. Preferred format is .jpg or .tif.

3. Artwork can be in black&white, greyscale or colour and in any media. Please note however that the calendar will be printed on 'off-white' paper similar to all the editions since 2006.

4. All entries must be scanned for submission to me by email. You may also post your entry as an attachment (or as a link to your entry for non-subscribers) to this thread for comment by other members. If you aren't a subscriber I can post it for you at your request.

5. All entries must include the words "Tarot Lovers' Calendar 2012 Tenth Anniversary Edition" and "Supporting Aeclectic Tarot" as part of the design. Please note the placement of the apostrophe in Lovers'.

6. To enter - please send me an email via the link below in the first instance and I will reply with the email address you will need for your submission.

7. All entries will be featured on my website where visitors will have the opportunity to vote for their favourite for free. Website visitors will also have the opportunity to pre-order a copy of the calendar at a discounted price.

8. All entries will also feature in a poll on the Tarot Books & Media board for voting by Aeclectic Tarot Forum members. The question for the poll will be: "Which cover for the Tarot Lovers' Calendar 2012 would you be most likely to buy?"

9. The winner to be decided by myself as influenced by the polls and pre-orders. My decision is final.

10. All entries must be received no later than 14th March 2011.

Please indicate here if you intend to enter the contest. Good luck.

DraagonStorm

Well you know I'm in :)

Pen

I'm thinking of entering, but wondered about a bleed for printing purposes (just supposing I were to be lucky...!), as you didn't mention it in your post.

I think it would need one to avoid cropping the design - parts of it are quite close to the edge.

Thanks,

Pen

Major Tom

goldenweb said:
I'm thinking of entering, but wondered about a bleed for printing purposes (just supposing I were to be lucky...!), as you didn't mention it in your post.

Thanks for this goldenweb. :) There is no bleed, rather there's a 5mm border around the edge of the cover. Your design can go right to the edge.

sacredashes

Oh man... I remember having fun joining in this competition several times before. :D 10th aniiversary huh? WOW.... Ok, I think I might want to play this time round ;)

:heart:

Major Tom

sacredashes said:
Ok, I think I might want to play this time round ;)

Brilliant! I'll look forward to seeing your entry. :)

NamasteIndia

i love art and i love tarot
and anything combining them together is for me
i'll get back soon with my artwork:grin:

Major Tom

NamasteIndia said:
i love art and i love tarot
and anything combining them together is for me
i'll get back soon with my artwork:grin:

Brilliant! I really liked your entry in last year's contest. I look forward to seeing your entry this year. :)

DraagonStorm

Sent you an email... I'll wait until I send my entry to you before posting it here :)