Doing a reading after having a glass of wine ?

Middy1452

gregory said:
Tired is worse, for me

I agree with this. Tired or ill I would give the cards a miss. One glass of wine I think is fine, any more and I think my readings would be more incoherent than normal!

Middy

cherrypie

Tired is the worst. I've noticed that if I read when I`m tired or upset the cards don't make any sense or are very negative.

214red

i dont do paid readings after drinking, but i do sometimes read for friend after a glass or two, it make the readings more direct...you dont think about speaking you let your intuition speak

MariaPeea

hahaha, i JUST did this last night, so it was fun to see this thread in the morning. Actually I had far more then just one glass...I was fairly tipsy when I came home. But for some reason I decided to give the cards a go, and actually I found it to be very easy to read. The answers just came to me in a flash. However, I HAVE tried this after a few drinks and some drama....not the same results. It's always a bad idea to read when your upset, but DRUNK and upset? It's like staring at a wall.

nisaba

I just don't drink, and not even as a general rule. It simply doesn't hit my screen. If it did, I suppose I'd read if I felt okay to read, and wouldn't read if I didn't. Pretty much as I am with illness or mental turmoil now: if I feel okay to read I do, and if I don't feel okay to read, I don't.

MysticalMoose

I defintely feel more relaxed in myself after a glass of wine so yes I am fine with reading after a glass or two. For me if I had more than say 2 glasses I would likely become tired & get derailed ... & that wouldn't be good. I also try to avoid reading when I feel ill as I'm less focused and after any serious emotional dramas my readings tend to be rather random too.

But yes a glass of wine & then reading in the evening is ok for me, not at lunchtime tho.. if I even have a glass in the day I'm like "zzzzzzzzzzz" :bugeyed:

:D

gypsiejones71

A little wine and readings are just perfect together for me! the wine seems to lubricate my imagination and get my gut feelings flowing. Some readings done "too sober" can sometimes miss out on my untapped world of intuition and can be too logical... (If that makes ANY sense!).
Obviously, too much wine and I would not be talking any sense, but a few glasses, yes, count me in!

MusicalPisces

I think it depends on the person honestly...I could never do it! lol
But the woman who did my very first reading on me (and the one who got me into tarot in the first place!) was drunk on vodka that night haha. But it was really interesting because it was like...the minute she sat down at those cards, she sobered up. It also stopped her from being hesitant to say anything I might perceive as "bad" in my reading or something. But she also drinks a lot, so that could be part of it. Like I said. Depends on the person :)

nisaba

Kala Trobe wrote a fabulous book (I'm about to get the title of it from the horse's mouth - I've already sent a message) following a reader who read firstly with a glass of wine to open up, then with more and more alcohol until it became a problem and the book turned into a Homeric journey back to reading-sober again. (The story of the reader and her use of alcohol formed a frame for a whole batch of interesting stories about clients). Great book. I'll edit the title into this post when I get it.

nisaba

nisaba said:
Kala Trobe wrote a fabulous book (I'm about to get the title of it from the horse's mouth - I've already sent a message) following a reader who read firstly with a glass of wine to open up, then with more and more alcohol until it became a problem and the book turned into a Homeric journey back to reading-sober again. (The story of the reader and her use of alcohol formed a frame for a whole batch of interesting stories about clients). Great book. I'll edit the title into this post when I get it.
Magick in the West End. Great book.