Good Tarot Shops in London?

natalie8

Hi everyone. I'm going back to London for a month in October. I'd love to browse in nice book shops or Tarot shops to get a nice idea of what's out there. Any good suggestions from you London experts? I'll be staying in Stratford, in walking distance to the underground. Ao anywhere in central, south or east London would be great. Thanks!

gregory

Watkins on Cecil Court is THE best. Website: www.watkinsbooks.com

19-21 Cecil Court, London WC2N 4EZ

Mysteries on Monmouth Street (near Seven Dials) is also good. I forget the exact street number...

Elendil

Mysteries on Monmouth Street (near Seven Dials) is also good. I forget the exact street number...

Mysteries is 11 Monmouth Street. There's also The Astrology Shop (different focus but it does carry a few decks) 'around the corner' at 78 Neal Street.

As Gregory said though Watkins is definitely the best - and you can often see Cilla Conway (creator of The Intuitive Tarot) sitting in the window reading cards for clients (not sure she works there every day though!)

natalie8

Thanks for the quick replies! Astrology shops are good too, anything in that whole realm. So Watkins Books is the best? I'll check out their site and see which underground station they're near. I'll definitely look out for Cilla Conway.

So I have two in the same neighbourhood. I'm getting psyched!

gregory

Thanks for the quick replies! Astrology shops are good too, anything in that whole realm. So Watkins Books is the best? I'll check out their site and see which underground station they're near. I'll definitely look out for Cilla Conway.

So I have two in the same neighbourhood. I'm getting psyched!

Nearest underground to Watkins is Leicester Square. I know this...

I spend too much time in there !

Charing Cross works - but just don't, for now - they are rebuilding the station and it's a NIGHTMARE.

Flaxen

Definitely go to Watkins - it has a huge selection and you can look at the cards before you buy.

Also, head up Charing Cross Road to Foyles bookshop. They also have a fantastic selection, especially of Lo Scarabeo decks.

Enjoy your trip. :)

natalie8

Nearest underground to Watkins is Leicester Square. I know this...

I spend too much time in there !

I saw that! I love that area, especially the ection with all the Chinese restaurants. Maybe we'll run into each other one day.

Flaxen said:
Also, head up Charing Cross Road to Foyles bookshop. They also have a fantastic selection, especially of Lo Scarabeo decks.

Thanks, Flaxn. I was looking at Lo Scarabeo decks on line last night. Maybe my next deck? ;)

natalie8

OK, I'm going to head out there today. First I'm going for an early lunch, then to Lillywhite's, then I'll attempt to walk over to Watkins. I drew myself a little map by copying the Google Maps. I hope I don't get lost. :p

Le Fanu

*envy*

;)

Please post and describe the experience and what you bought!

DownUnderNZer

Look at AMAZON UK as well...might be cheaper...and delivery can be FREE!

Try WAGAMAMAS (few in London now) and WONG KEIS (China Town) if you get the chance.....worth it!