Shelley, Bride of Frankendecken ~ Journal

cardlady22

Welcome to our Shelley's documentation of her travels!
This thread is for participants to describe what they've done with her, post photos of places she visited during the stay, etc. This is a wonderful way to share things from your area of the world. Anyone wishing to make general comments should post in the Chat & Help.

Please use the Title line so that we can tell when she is doing something new. If life overtakes you and you have to mail on, just reserve yourself a post or two with a placeholder.
example: Visit with the Gang ~ will post ASAP

Remember that there is a limit of 5 pic attachments per post & plan accordingly. If you need help, please send a PM to PathWalker, our new Project Coordinator.

Mellaenn

Shelley Arrives in South Florida

This has been a gorgeous day in sunny south Florida; absolute Chamber of Commerce weather and a perfect day for our lovely bride-to-be to arrive at her first stop. Today was also my first day back to work after a seventeen month hiatus so it was late afternoon before I opened my mailbox and welcomed Shelley to my home. :)

We've got the Psychic Fair tomorrow and I'm giving a presentation (about Tarot, natch!) so I've spent the evening preparing for that. Shelley will go with me and since my goal in the presentation is to get people interested in tarot readings, tarot classes and tarot decks (I'm now selling tarot decks from my own little corner at the shop) she'll be SO much help! The timing couldn't be better.

In the meantime, I'll take a few snaps of the lovely outfit she was wearing when she arrived. We'll be in bed early tonight as we have a big day ahead!

Mellaenn

Shelley saw that I'm all ready for Halloween so she decided to pose in this spooky little spot. There is one patch on her bag that looks very, very familiar if you have a Halloween tarot!

Attachments

• rsz_1img_0017.jpg
    rsz_1img_0017.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 239

Mellaenn

A quiet moment at the psychic fair. Shelley & I did her first reading as part of a crystal oracle reading. Four of rods, four of swords and knight of swords summed up perfectly a young mother who was OK with the current status quo in her life but was hoping for a change soon. Way to go, Shelley!

Mellaenn

I am over my head with my new job and extra-curricular activities, so Shelley and I didn't get to play today. Tomorrow night we have a tarot class to present and then I should be able to post a few pix I'm accumulating from our events.

Mellaenn

A Cozy Evening With Shell and Mell

It’s rainy outside and cozy inside. I finally have a little free time to journal and spend some quality time with this amazing deck. Before I say anything else, I have to give a rousing [size=2+]HIP, HIP[/size] [size=3+]HURRAY![/size] to Cardlady for a phenomenal job of executing the duties as matron of honor to Shelley! I got dizzy just putting the deck back in order; I can’t imagine the challenges of coordinating the whole project.

Also, a big :thumbsup: to Bluedragonfly, canid, mary ventura, yirabeth, Flaxen, Lutestring, nisaba, kaleanna and tarot heart who created Shelley's lovely outerware; it’s beautiful!

One thing to know; Shelley is a patient one. Despite the pounding schedule and the fact that she had been more or less abandoned while I was at work, she never complained - unless you count the fact that she threw a tower card at me yesterday! But I :heart: this tower card! I think that's because it's the most gorgeous tower card I have ever seen. I think I literally attracted it from the deck and when I saw the twinkle of gold glitter I remember who sent that card :)heart: tarotlyn). But I think Shelley was trying to tell me I needed a quality day with her or I was going to lose my chance and so here we are.

First I must backtrack to the earlier part of her visit. I'd previously posted that I was reading at the Psychic Fair at Dream Angels Saturday, so that was our first day together. It was a good day for readings, but people who come to psychic fairs don’t usually pay much attention to the actual cards. I did get some ‘oohs’ and ‘aahs’ from the other readers and we did our first reading for a young lady who was a friend so she really enjoyed the idea, once I explained it to her, that this would be the first in a series of readings by tarot readers all around the world. I’m going to attach the picture from that day in this post.

I will continue to catch up with my journal entries this weekend. For now I think I'll get with Shelley and do an intensive reading just for 'moi'.

Attachments

• rsz_img_0021.jpg
    rsz_img_0021.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 210

Mellaenn

Shelley is all packed in her travel box and ready to move on to her next stop, which will be to littlethings. I'm a bit sad to let her go, but so appreciative of my time with her. :heart:

In the meantime I'm going to reserve several posting spots to continue my journal about our time together as my own time allows.

Mellaenn

Reiki and the Healing Room

Last Sunday we had a very quiet day taking a class with my Reiki teacher and a small group of fellow students who are ready to move to the level of Reiki Master. This day was not really associated with tarot in any way but I mention it because of how important the energy of those people and that place are to me.

As some of you know, I spend much of my free time at a spiritual center run by a lady named Pearl. We do many things in the very special room where the classes are held. There are Native American drum healing ceremonies facilitated by Grandfather Rick McBride (a mixed-blood Tsalagi, or Cherokee). Pearl gives Reiki and Reiki classes to many people in that room. And I have the honor of reading tarot and teaching it in that room. Nothing but healing occurs in this room!

So the energy of the room is amazing and I brought Shelley with me. She stood quietly by as we learned to work with the Reiki energy at a Reiki Master level. I was glad to have her energy, which is actually YOUR energy if you are a contributor to this deck, added to that day. I also feel that some of the wonderful energy of that special healing room made it’s way into our special deck! :grin: (We finally did do some readings at lunch time.)

I am attaching a picture of the students and my teacher from that day. My teacher, Pearl, is holding Shelley.

Attachments

• rsz_11img_0023.jpg
    rsz_11img_0023.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 186

Mellaenn

Tarot Workshop

I have been giving a series of Tarot Workshops every other Tuesday that we call “Beyond Basics Tarot”. Our group is small but dedicated and I have to say that, as always when I teach anything, I learn so much from my students! Our subjects this Tuesday were the Fool’s Journey and variations of three-card spreads - and we had an awesome Show and Tell! The end of every class is always ‘Show and Tell’ for new decks or spreads or anything ‘Tarot-ish’ that anyone wants to share, so we saved extra time and worked with Shelley.

We did a ten-card Celtic Cross using Shelley. One of the students had a question about her career; she basically wanted to know how easy it would be to do what she wants to do as opposed to what she may be compelled to do by others. I won’t go into details but I was pleased - and so was she - to see she got the World for an outcome card (I’m especially fond of that one as it’s the one I sent and because, of course, it’s one of Ciro’s!)

I will also post a picture of my little class with LaBelle Shell!

Attachments

• rsz_img_0026.jpg
    rsz_img_0026.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 172

Mellaenn

A Trip To The Beach

I didn’t think it was fair to Shelley to send her off from Florida without a trip to the beach. Thursday is a day off for my hubby, so when I got home from the new job at 5:30 we hopped in the SUV and headed for Singer Island, about 20 minutes away.

When we arrived at the beach, we saw that they have been doing a lot of renovation at the ocean mall and the recreational area nearby. It looks great! I had no idea, because unlike the days of my youth when nary a sunny day went by without a trip to the beach, I’d not been to the beach for ages. As the sun set, we slipped off our flip flops and walked out onto the cool sand and watched the crashing waves for awhile. Hubby got another picture of Shelley and me before we lost the light, and then we headed to our favorite place for take-out pizza and back to our home.

Friday I had a little time to spend with Shelley and then I found a mailing box and got her ready for her trip. She spent her last night on my altar, where she stayed every night while she was here and all too soon it was Saturday morning. She looked a little worried when we heard the news about the unseasonably early snowfall up in the northeast, but I reminded her of how snug her bag is and she seemed to feel better. The selenite insisted on hopping aboard and off we went to a Saturday P.O.

Bye, Shelley! :heart: Thank you so much for our special time together!

Attachments

• rsz_img_0031.jpg
    rsz_img_0031.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 185