Shelley, Bride of Frankendecken ~ Journal

Stormdancer

Sunday, Dec 11, 2011

Today is not nearly as productive as yesterday…LOL

We've spent most of the morning napping.

I did get a few Holiday Decorations out. Shelley with Old Man Winter & The King of the Reindeer.

Shelley also got to meet my LOVELY from Mi-Shell :heart:

Now we're looking forward to the football game. Shelley's gonna have to help me decide who I want to win…Da Bears or The Broncos. This is gonna be a tough one…LOL.

So, I drew the 6 of cups from the Fairy Tale Tarot for the Broncos…Hansel & Gretel. And I drew the Knight of Wands for Da Bears from The Cachet Tarot. Looks to me like Da Bears are gonna fight hard, but The Broncos are gonna overcome them. We'll see…LOL

While we're waiting for the game to start, I'm introducing Shelley to The Domino deck pile at my feet…LOL…Oh, my feet ARE in the photo… ROTFLMAO!

And the football game is tied :party: Denver came back from zero to tie it in the last few seconds.

The Broncos DO win it in OT. Shelley called it.

I pulled a card for my day at work tomorrow. 9 of cups from the Swedish Witch Tarot. My wish will come true if I wish upon a star. Huh, it's clear here tonight….BRB…..>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Stormdancer

The last post from here....

I'm working on getting Shelley packed up. "Tis the season and I'm overwhelmed.

My final note...to those of you that added "blinged" cards....VERY cool! I really enjoyed those!

I'm grateful that I'm walking away with very few additions to my wishlist, but the ones I want.........ARGH....LOL

And again...........this had got to be one of MY most special moments, the ones spent with Shelley.

Who'da'thunk a deck of cards could bring so much?

tarot heart

Shelley has arrived! I will post later...need to cook dinner first :(

Ok, a little caught up with home stuff so thought I'd tell you a little about Shelley's arrival in the Borderland.

I took her out of her mail box and the first thing she saw was the Franklin Mountains! I thought she would like to have her picture taken with the mountains so look for the photo below.

Then I had to make dinner so we didn't have much time together but she did join us for before dinner cocktails and I let her sit at my dinner place so she could smell the wonderful aroma coming off Monday's meal, red beans and rice with sausage! I'm not sure but I think I saw Shelley drooling a little.

Will add more later as we get to know each other....

Attachments

• Shelley and Franklin Mountains.jpg
    Shelley and Franklin Mountains.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Shelley joins hubby and me in before dinner cocktails!.jpg
    Shelley joins hubby and me in before dinner cocktails!.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Shelley enjoying red beans and rice.jpg
    Shelley enjoying red beans and rice.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 83

kaleanna

First Afternoon/Evening with Shelley

I was wondering if Shelley would arrive in time to ring in the New Year with me. I went out to run some errands and after I got back from said errands there was a package awaiting me.

I had to wait to open the box as I was eating a late lunch.

Now it is time to meet Shelley, I open the package with my lil one's help. Shelley could not wait to get ready to party....

So She dons the party gear that we had gotten while we were out on our errands.

She got to sit with Lil one (Zach).....

She also got to meet some of my fav. decks - Deidre in the black bag with the colorful dots on it (special bag and special deck), my Celtic Dragon Deck in the multi colored knitted bag with the aventurine stone bead closure, and my newest deck the Joie De Vivre in the pink, orange and yellow knitted case with the fairy.

She also got to meet Violetta a purple and white ty beanie baby cat that is new addition that was also gotten while we were out on our errands.
Just a bit ago we also had some pumpkin pie (need to download this pic)

Will post more after we finish ringing in the New Year.

Attachments

• 100_3674.jpg
    100_3674.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 100_3677.jpg
    100_3677.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 100_3676.jpg
    100_3676.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 100_3680.jpg
    100_3680.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 100_3679.jpg
    100_3679.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 91

kaleanna

It is now 11:43 pm here and Shelley, I and the family watched the ball drop for New York, and then Shelley decided that the blankets that lil one had were soft and inviting so she took a lil nap, she snuck in there just after lil one had fallen asleep. But she did not stay asleep long as she wants to see how San Antonio rings in the New Year :)

I think we might be sleeping in a bit in the morning.

ETA: Here are the pics

Attachments

• 100_3682.jpg
    100_3682.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 100_3694.jpg
    100_3694.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 100_3696.jpg
    100_3696.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 100_3701.jpg
    100_3701.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 90

kaleanna

Happy New year To All from Shelley and I here in San Antonio, TX.

My drawn card from Shelley is the 6 of swords.

ETA: Here is the pic of the 6 of Swords from Shelley

Attachments

• 100_3704.jpg
    100_3704.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 86

kaleanna

New Years Day With Shelley

Our day began with waking up to the alarm at 9:15am, Shelley and I did NOT want to get up, but was to go to brunch with the family so we got up and got kids up, gave them a bit of breakfast and got ready to go.

Drove over to the relatives but Shelley seemed a bit shy, so she is not in some of the pics from today.

After brunch dessert was rice krispy treat snowmen.

After brunch, we had to stop to get black eyed peas from the store. We then came home and decided that it was naptime. We slept for about 2 1/2 hours

Then it was time for cooking supper, while getting things ready to cook found a potato that looked like a snowman (shape wise) so showed it to hubby and he then put a face on it, so of course we had to get a pic of it with Shelley.

So for supper we had fried sausage, fried potatoes and blackeyed peas.

So now we are just chilling and watching leverage on tv.

Attachments

• 100_3711.jpg
    100_3711.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 85
  • 100_3717.jpg
    100_3717.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 100_3721.jpg
    100_3721.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 100_3723.jpg
    100_3723.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 96
  • 100_3726.jpg
    100_3726.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 82

kaleanna

We had several long days hence the absence of posting.

Starting with Monday.

It was my teen's last day before having to go back to school. So we basically stayed at home(if I remember correctly, I don't think we went much anywhere on monday) made pancakes for supper and Shelley got to see how yummy pancakes with sugar on top instead of syrup tasted and then Shelley got to enjoy a krispy kreme donut (very Yummy donuts).

Tuesday, Shelley got to go with us to the doc's where she stayed hidden due to not wanting to see the needles. kids had to get flu shots and teen had to see doc. Then we had to wait in line at the bank, and then got food and came home to eat lunch, then back out to go to heb to turn in prescription and wait some more (45 mins ) for prescription to be ready. Then had to pick up neighbor and head out to mcdonalds, after that it was time to sleep as we all had had a long day.

Wed, Shelley got to stay at home and recoup a lil bit while we (lil one and I ) picked up neighbor and made a trip to Walmart. Then lil one and I got back home after dropping neighbor off and Shelley and I watched as lil one played and played with his cooking stuff at his little kitchen. then we went and got gas in the car as teen stayed after school for robotics, then we came home and we went to nap, and teen walked home from his after school event.

a few Pics later.

kaleanna

bookmark spot to update on shelley

emmsma

January 12, 2012

Shelley has arrived in Arizona. I am just getting home from work, my late night, so its 830pm. I looked through each card - with my list of contributing decks handy.

Now I've got to have dinner. I'm famished!

Will try to do a getting to know you reading after I get my boy into bed.