The Primary Deck Reflections 2012 Thread

inanna_tarot

OK - signing myself up for the PDR, but with something concrete.
For the next 78 days, till 21st March I will be working with the Thoth for all my personal readings, daily draw types and general musings.
This is because ;
-I want to do the 78 day thoth class on another site and general study of the kabbalah concepts behind it.
-I want some personal time with this deck after being with the TdM for so long. I feel I need the complexity after having simplicity for so so long.
-do DAILY readings with it, and endeavour to put them in the PDR daily readings thread here.
-do one bigger reading a week which I will journal about.
-keep the smaller thoth in my bag at all times incase I need to do an inpromptu reading with it for someone because this is what the thoth told me to do ;)

Going to try and be far more interactive on the this PDR than I have been in recent years. I hope you all will poke me if I seem to go quiet!! You have full permission to poke!!!

kabang

Going to try and be far more interactive on the this PDR than I have been in recent years. I hope you all will poke me if I seem to go quiet!! You have full permission to poke!!!

Will poke!

I've had to wonderful days with the Wildwood and a completely bewildering daily draw today. Hmm. I'm not going to judge by a single card draw, though, because the imagery and the mood of this deck is exactly what I need in the coming months. It speaks to me right now, and the animal court cards will get easier with practice.

BlueDragonfly

I've posted my first reading in our Daily Draws thread. :) I'll be posting in my blog, as well, but probably not on a daily basis.

I am blown away by this deck! I'm so glad I chose it for my PDR. One of the things I wanted to do this year is start to journal again. The Gaian will be giving me lots of prompts for this.

I've got to go get my blog dusted off and ready to go! :D

BlueDragonfly

My daily is posted!

I'm not going to be able to draw/post a reading every day and I'm learning/accepting that it's not a failure on my part if it doesn't happen "every day"!

I hope to get my blog in shape and begin using it again, today. :)

GryffinSong

So, for those who create a blog, what is the difference/advantage to a blog vs. the daily draw thread and this one? I'm thinking I don't want a separate blog, preferring my readings to be in one place where any of us can easily read them whenever we want. Is that ok? And use this thread for general thoughts on the process? I've never done a PDR before, and although I've read some of the previous ones, I didn't see daily draw threads for those, so is this one different? I really like having everyone's readings in that one place.

Also, I'm REALLY enjoying this process. I'm feeling really fond of the deck I'm using, and am learning something every single day with it. I don't think I'd be as focused on readings if I weren't doing this, and I'm delighted at the insights I'm getting. So, thanks for this!!! :heart: The timing is absolutely perfect for my life right now.

kabang

I'm thinking I don't want a separate blog, preferring my readings to be in one place where any of us can easily read them whenever we want. Is that ok? And use this thread for general thoughts on the process? I've never done a PDR before, and although I've read some of the previous ones, I didn't see daily draw threads for those, so is this one different? I really like having everyone's readings in that one place.

That is the "preferred" method. I like it that way, too, so it feels like we're actually part of a group. Plus, we can offer each other insights more easily here than on a blog.

I don't recall if there was a daily draw before. I just thought it'd be a nice way for us to stick together! :)

kabang

My daily is posted!

I'm not going to be able to draw/post a reading every day and I'm learning/accepting that it's not a failure on my part if it doesn't happen "every day"!

I missed yesterday, but I'm trying to develop that attitude, too... It's like they say with dieting (or exercising, or anything, really)... if you miss one day, don't let it bug you, just pick it up again the next day and keep going!

Now, I'm off to do my daily draw... :)

BlueDragonfly

Oh, I don't think a blog is essential for doing a PDR, and I do like the daily draws thread alot. I also agree that it may keep us more in tune with the whole process and more in touch with each other.

My personal reasons for restarting my blog are that sometimes I'll be doing a longer reading and want more space for writing it up, rather than a long post here. I wanted to start with my Sacred Days of Yule spread, but got really busy, so that didn't happen.

There are journaling exercises and affirmations in the Gaian companion book that I want to add in. And I just bought "Who Are You In the Tarot" by Mary K. Greer, that I'll be reading and working with.

GryffinSong

Cool, thanks. :)

BlueDragonfly

Four out of seven days, not bad for starting a new habit! What I've got to do is remember to do my draws on the days when my morning is hectic and I have a long(12 hour) shift. :rolleyes: I'll have to start taking them with me. I've got time on those shifts to read. :D

I've been reading these(Gaian cards) intuitively and then going to the book and seeing what's written about each card. Sometimes, it's quite different from my "say what I see" method, but I'm learning some additional insights, as well. I'm connecting with this deck more than I though I would! :heart: