just how accurate is the yes/no spread?

danieljuk

I've been experimenting in this area recently for myself. I tried one card in answer to a yes / no question and 3 cards. Also I tried doing 3 cards, 3 times for yes / no. Each time its completely different answers and really ambiguous! the yes / no hardly ever comes true with tarot for me. I know many people say that Tarot is too complex for it. Its better with its past / present and future and all its layers of a situation. It simply cannot give good answers when there is only 2 choices.

However I have had really good results with a crystal pendulum. I do it a little differently to other people. For me a swing left and right is a no and if it goes in circles its a yes. I talk to my pendulum and ask if its okay to ask some questions at that time and also ask if my name is my "name" as the first question. (you can do this with yes / no tarot too and it nearly always says my real name is not my name).

For my personally I can't get good results with tarot but Louise do experiment and find what works best for you :)

Alta

Should I admit this: :joke: For yes/no questions I use a Magic 8 Fortune telling ball. Not 100% but often surprisingly good.

Zephyros

Should I admit this: :joke: For yes/no questions I use a Magic 8 Fortune telling ball. Not 100% but often surprisingly good.

I had one of those and then lost it, haven't been able to make a single decision since!

(in quoting your post, Magic 8 did some strange Amazon linking thing. Is the forum using this kind of advertising or did you hyperlink that? Also my tablet does weired things sometimes)

videojob8

I use Angelo Nasio's 5 card yes or no spread. Even number minors, Majors and Aces (I think) are yes. Courts and odd number minors are no.
I think it is pretty accurate.

Alta

(in quoting your post, Magic 8 did some strange Amazon linking thing. Is the forum using this kind of advertising or did you hyperlink that?
I hyper-linked it, on the off chance that someone wouldn't know what a Magic 8 ball was.

SunChariot

hope this is in the right thread if not please feel free to move.

I wish to know just how accurate the yes/no spread really are, you all know the the spread lay 3 cards and if 2 or 3 are upright then yes is your answer if 2 or 3 are rx then the answer is no. Just how accurate is this spread, i sometimes ask a question when i know the answer and i get a no when in fact it should be a yes. Has this happened to you?
Any advice or opinions on this would be appreciated,
Thanks in advance Louise

I can only tell you my experience with them. It is entirely possible that other readers iwll have different experinces.

I tried that exact spread for a long time. i really wanted it to work for me. There were so many yes.no qiuestions I wanted answers to. I really worked with in for months. A lot of times, And the cards were pretty much just giving me random answers. i could have literally been just as accurate just guessing.

What you described happened to me consistenly. The cards just turned off when I did yes not quesitons and I just got random cards taht were not answering.

I really tried too. Then one day I got frustrated and asked the cards: "Will this method of doing yes.no questions EVER work for me?"

At THAT point they have me a VERY clear NO. Yep 3 reversed cards, all No;s. The cards finally answered me and told me that this method was never going to work for me, not ever.

That was when I gave it up for good.

Babs

butafly

I find yes no works great for me. I personally do it much differently though. I shuffle and cut 3 times draw a card at a time 5 cards total. The majors and the even numbered cards answer yes the court cards and the odd numbered pip cards answer no. If I would like the reason why, I look to the cards for positive or negative influences. Just the way I do it ;)

gregory

Admit it ! So do I - that or - the coin thing ! But when it is a decision thing - I flip a coin and see if I am disappointed. THAT works every time !

OOH - looked at your link; I use a little Magic 8 programme I have on my machine actually - no CASH required !

nisaba

hope this is in the right thread if not please feel free to move.

I wish to know just how accurate the yes/no spread really are, you all know the the spread lay 3 cards and if 2 or 3 are upright then yes is your answer if 2 or 3 are rx then the answer is no. Just how accurate is this spread, i sometimes ask a question when i know the answer and i get a no when in fact it should be a yes. Has this happened to you?
Any advice or opinions on this would be appreciated,
Thanks in advance Louise

No I didn't know the spread. Why would I?

Tarot cards want to chat. They want to tell you the whys and wherefores. They want to talk around issues. And I don't do reversals.

Pendulums aren't designed to chat. They are designed to do yes/no. I always have one around my pockets somewhere.

If it *really* has to be Tarot-based, this is what I do.

I take the Ace Pentacles (coins) out of my deck.

I hold it high above the table. I drop it, flicking it to give it some spin.

If it falls on the table face-up, that's yes. If it falls on the table face-down that's no.

RufusJ

I guess I'm lazy. If I need a yes/no answer, I cut the cards and look at the card on the bottom of the cut. Upright is yes; reversed is no. Unless I'm really impressed to notice the image, I don't. This seems to work for me pretty well.