Deck of the Week : Sign-Up Thread : Week 74 : 29th December - 5th January

jema

I got a Dodal TdM I need to corner trim a bit too.
Just a tiny little rounding and it will be much more tempting to use it, which to me is more worth then whatever value in money a deck has.
The Daniloff is amazing, I am holding out for a mass-market edition though.

Deviant moon is strangely compelling. Definitely dark and brooding but fun too. Posted a little reading in the daily thread.

GryffinSong

Those corner rounders are amazing. A professional job, and cards look so much nicer with round edges. Do you really think the Daniloff will become available as a mass market deck? I'd love to have a copy, but certainly can't afford that kind of money, and if I did have it at that price, I'd be afraid to use it.

As for the Deviant Moon. Got it. Creeped me out. Traded it.

toj

Those corner rounders are amazing. A professional job, and cards look so much nicer with round edges. Do you really think the Daniloff will become available as a mass market deck? I'd love to have a copy, but certainly can't afford that kind of money, and if I did have it at that price, I'd be afraid to use it.

As for the Deviant Moon. Got it. Creeped me out. Traded it.

I paid $5 on eBay for the Vampire Tarot...mainly the book because the cards were square and hard. The corner rounder made a huge difference and now the cards are usable. I may trim them soon...a MM deck would be great, not holding my breath though. Although there is a mass market Anna K coming next year that I will get - boxed with the book.

Madame Squee

Waking the Wild Spirit Tarot & Ordinary Playing Cards

I'd like to sign up this week with Waking the Wild Spirit Tarot and a deck of ordinary playing cards.

Plus, I'd like to resolve to read and post in this thread every day this week.

We shall see how this works out!

Thank you, Elendil. (I loved your thread on reading at the party!)

swedishfish612

After going through deck after deck and being incredibly indecisive, I've decided to work with the Wildwood this week. It's been intimidating me for months now, but I picked it up tonight and it just called out, "choose me, choose me." So I'm going to give it a shot!

BelovedK

I am going to sit out this week, I may work with a deck but I am starting a few projects and don't want to commit to anything :) (I am thinking though that for the new year I will work with the Mary El)

I'm doing a 365 project, for 2013 and the last one i did involved the Tarot (a photo of a tarot card a day plus an inspired haiku) This one will involve tarot, but not exclusively.

So excited and I'll jump back in next week. Have a nice week everyone!!! Happy New Year :D

swedishfish612

I did a new deck interview this morning with the Wildwood, and I'm very glad I did. I almost skipped it, because lately I've gotten such weird results from deck interviews. Stuff like the 10 of Swords and 7 of Swords for "how best to learn from this deck". Just ambiguous or mixed messages that made no sense.

But my Wildwood interview was very cool and the message came across loud and clear. Basically, it said that I need to be really, really sure that I'm ready to walk the path that I'm on, as I'm going to be tested and a mirror will be held up so that I can see my true self. The deck will challenge me, and asks if I'm ready to be open. It also warned that there might be battle scars, but the results will be worth it.

I'm so excited to work with this deck now! It's funny how I bought it MONTHS ago, and then regretted it ever since. It felt all wrong for me. But last night while I was going through deck after deck, with nothing striking the right note for me, I came across this one again and it felt perfect. I laid out the entire deck (Majors first, then each suit individually) and looked through it slowly. I don't know why this deck didn't appeal to me before. It feels like just the right mix of earthiness and mystery that I've been craving.

Trogon

I'm in with The Alchemical Tarot: Renewed (edition III).

Trogon

***Jemma, I am curious how you readings with the Deviant Moon go...mine were so negative I had to put the deck away. It's a shame, I love the deck....
I've seen this comment from several people about the Deviant Moon. And, I'll admit, that the images used tend towards the macabre, I don't really get a negative vibe from it. In fact, it is one of my favorite decks and has, so far, given me consistently good, accurate readings. In fact, I'd say it gives pretty down to earth/"real" readings. Though it can have a bit of twisted humor about it too. It'll be interesting to see how Jemma gets on with it.