Which of my Tarots should I reprint?

Which Chronata Deck should be Reprinted?

• Tarot of the Midnight Masquerade

Votes: 27 56.3%
  • Tarot Noir

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Penguin Parade

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • ChronaTarot

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Something else?

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters

Chronata

There is a possibility of a little money coming close to the holidays, and I was thinking of reprinting one of my old tarots in a very limited edition.

If anyone here has gotten one of my recent Lenormand decks, then you know the quality of the cardstock and printing from the amazing local print house that I use.

However, changing the size might change the quality and feel of the deck, so please keep that in mind...possibilities include...

Midnight Masquerade Majors+Aces
This would be in the original tarot card size, though obviously not as thick (as they aren't hand made cards) and there wouldn't be THE box. It would include the extra Wheel of Fortune.
I don't know if I would go with the saturated colors/borderless edition (of the original)... or the new art print one that shows the whole image in the original color palette.(with borders and titles below)
There would only be 50

Tarot Noir
A useable version of the Marseilles black and white deck. In it's original size. Only one (clothed) Devil, since the original naked one no longer exists.
I hesitate only because this one didn't sell very well at all.
50 decks in the edition

Penguin Parade
This would be the poker sized, not the mini version.
50 decks

ChronaTarot
Majors only with maybe some Aces in this version.
Original tarot size
50 decks

Something Else
Something new? maybe the Facetious Oracle, or the Guiding Angel Oracle(both have threads started here) or Majors only decks...like the Freakshow, Vampire Lapin, or Nutcracker Tarot? (all in various stages of completion) or...make a suggestion!

WolfyJames

I missed out on both the Midnight Masquerade Tart and ChronaTarot so I voted for both. I have the Tarot Noir so need for that one for me.

baylys

I missed out on most of them so I would vote for midnight masq, chronatarot, tarot noir and penguins.

Annabelle

Anything as long as the original wasn't released as a limited edition. I have copies of each of these decks, and I would hate to see them become devaluated by extra copies being released.

Chronata

Anything as long as the original wasn't released as a limited edition. I have copies of each of these decks, and I would hate to see them become devaluated by extra copies being released.

I'm not sure what you mean here Annabelle...ALL of my decks (except for Leisa's versions of the Minute and All Hallows) have been limited editions. None of them have ever been more than 100. Most have been way way less.
Honestly, none of mine really go for much more on the second market then the original price tag. So reprinting a second very limited edition (with different features) shouldn't affect the value of the first editions at all.

Reprints wouldn't look or feel the same as the original editions...because they will be on much better cardstock and ink (as I won't be attempting to print them myself) and none of them would be more than 50 in the edition anyway.

As it is..I am seriously considering something new....

MoonGypsy

Robyn...i voted for the Tarot Noir! Oh how i long for a version with the more sturdy cardstock...It will then be the perfect companion to the fabulous Lenormand Noir!
(((crossing my fingers)))

ETA: or something new...always eager for something new from you, my sweet friend!

P.S. sending you a "squeeful" PM in a few minutes. [when i am finished writing it] :p

Alta

Hi Robyn,

If the Tarot Noir didn't sell well the first time, that wouldn't be a great idea for a re-print.

I would love to see Midnight Masquerade in the original colour palette, and it might sell the best though being Majors-only would hold things back. I honestly think a copy printed on regular cardstock with different colour saturation and no original painted box would not affect whatever value the first edition may have.

I think the Facetious oracle could be a good one.

MoonGypsy

My first choice is STILL the Tarot Noir!!! i want one i can shuffle the heck out of!

Bluefeet

What about the Minute Tarot? I know there's a mass market version out there but I much prefer the original size and colors.

As for something else, what about a Fairytale/Folklore tarot or oracle? Or even Crowstone oracle cards and Dreamstone oracle cards! :)

baylys

I'm gonna throw in another vote for the Noir.

I got one through the last trade train, but 2 months later it still hasn't shown up. The postal system has eaten it. I REALLY want a copy of the Noir, if you do decide to reprint it.