JOURNAL SUPPORT GROUP!

celticnoodle

celticnoodle,
Instead of keeping many dedicated journals or notebooks, you might benefit from a looseleaf-style format--one notebook with many sections. New blank pages get added as needed. Older pages are removed to separate folders or binders dedicated to each topic.

what a GREAT idea! :thumbsup: God knows, I have a lot of binders and loose leaf paper! I always bought notebooks though for the journals, but the medical one is in a calendar book--one that is made for business people to right in appts. ect. so I can also keep track of those. lol! :laugh: but the others could easily be done with loose leaf papers!

thank you!

I didn't start today, because of the laundry and house work that I needed to do. And, my friend called me too--and we were on for over an hour! :bugeyed: lol. But, MAYBE tomorrow?! :)

PattyMc

Great idea Greatdane

Count me in! I love journaling, I think the last count I had close to 75 of them from through the years. I too am one who loves putting pen to paper, and the art of writing. I can't really begin until after Christmas, way too much to do and then the traveling to NC. But I'll get something together, I make some of my journals, and will post a pic for you all after I get one set up.

Patty

Oracle Opus

I'm starting my very first Tarot Journal of sorts. Tossed pen and papers years ago as my handwriting is painful, so many beautiful hoarded journals. The rigid structure of a notebook often isn't helpful and electronic writing programs/apps have really made my productivity fly. However, electronic records have their downside loss of data (oh the tears and tantrums) and at times scanning/searching an electronic database/app just isn't as efficient as flicking through a book and my info seems all over the place. There is something about paper. I'm too snobby to use generic ring binders for something special (no judgement to others, I'm a journal princess). As a solution I have lashed out and am now the owner of some funky A5 Filofaxes. Best of two worlds (I hope), I can still use electronics, print out and wack them in a Filofax every bit as lovely as my hoarded unused beautiful notebook journals. Of course this does mean I have to get in the habit of printing regularly. So far, there has been something satisfying about gutting a Filofax and creating my own dividers and inserts.

Richard

I'm not very systematic, as I got tired of that in my professional life. However, I do jot down random ideas in Evernote. (They are easy to recover using the built-in search.) Those which seem to be particularly useful are printed out and transferred topically to a loose leaf notebook having alphabetical dividers.

greatdane

Thanks everyone for sharing what and how you journal!

There's something for everyone here. I, like LRichard, had enough of having to organize in the academic and business world and that is why I think it's great we all have our own styles. I just like to keep it simple, look at a card, write a line or two, go to the next. I actually love the act of writing, especially in cursive, which is going the way of all soon to be extinct things. But I see the simplicity and effect of how everyone here does it. And it's really just about focus and are our thoughts about cards at a particular time, captured moment, in our lives. I honestly didn't think I would get much company and I am thrilled you are all sharing.

Karrma

What I love most about writing recently, is sometimes a thought seems to just get written down from my subconscious, and then it is there, can't deny it.
I bought a pretty leather cover last year for mine, as it feels good, to my texture loving hands.

greatdane

Another tactile person! Cool, Karrma!

I love the feeling of writing on certain paper stock, how certain pens just glide across the paper, and to have a rich cover, sigh. The visual and tactile aspects of writing or typing I think help the mental. I have read studies that when you write something, it helps you remember it. I think it helps the creative part of your brain as well. When people talk about thoughts flowing across the page....

inanna_tarot

Been really busy so havent had time to put anything in journal...

will tonight.

Thirdeyehigh

My first deck and a slightly abused journal

This is first deck, first journal and first steps. As simply as I can say at the moment, I've been riding a roller coaster through life and the thrills have run their course. It seems the Tower and Death cards have called me to a journey and I feel I'm finally ready to embark. I have a deck called the Voyager accompanied by book written by . Although the book is helpful it seems to lack the depth I need to really resonate. I enjoy the collages of symbols used to illustrate the principles behind each card. I can't say that I recognize many of them instantly. I have been able to find other resources that have come to ring true along with this deck. It feels like having the training wheels on my intuition until I can pedal on my own. I have an abused journal I'm going to breath new life into. I look forward sharing the insights of you all.

inanna_tarot

Blimey, another night in the journal...

interesting stuff! Me trying to write about stuff I have no idea about, helps!