HEAT deck - inception

daphne

Welcome to the HEAT (Hopelessly Enthusiastic Amateurish Tarot) deck inception thread

Hardcore creators make it all. One creator - one deck. And one deck for one human being to create is such an admirable formidable task.
We can be also creators. Softer, but not less enthusiastic about tarot. Not one of us will make all 78 cards, but ALL of us can make it. We need a lot of "all of us", though. As close to 78 as possible. And beyond, why not? :)

Intention is to print a physical deck by Print On Demand. My preference goes for PrinterStudio, great quality and they have free shipping over a small amount.

Idea appeared after all the discussion about the 5thAT collaborative deck. I repeat some details already mentioned there, for fresh eyes.

From the poll we had for the 5thAT, there is a clear interest for a printed deck. But it will have to be another one, started from inception with the idea of printing.

We can do it, and I would absolutely love to. But it is just another project, started with a different setup and a different end-result.
I call (temporarily, we can change the name later if we want) the HEAT deck (Hopelessly Enthusiastic Amateurish Tarot deck).

This thread has tow purposes:
A) to have an idea how many of you would be interested to be part of it, to create cards. Please make yourself known if you would like to participate.

and

B) to gather ideas - how do you envision we can do this?
Simpler better then complex.

If enough interest, then we just need to establish details and logistics.
And we can follow it here, exactly as the individual creators follow their decks.

It can be fun, it can be glorious or it can be nothing. It is in our hands to decide.

The project will start after the 5thAT collaborative deck is done.

Flames

Well...you know I'm in. :)

baylys

Count me in. I would rather a printed deck than digital only.

blue_fusion

Great name!

Profit or non-profit? I'm okay with either. :)

Zephyros

If you don't mind my saying, I would counsel waiting until the AT deck is done, so as not to split the effort. Although this is an "independent" deck, it is still being made under the auspices of AT and has the same limitations and work environment. The reasons for not printing the AT deck are logical and make sense, and this seems like a bit of a renegade deck, and it is a bit strange that it is being done now of all time.

But that's just my opinion...

reall

omg! fantastic name!:))))) no need to say I like it! im in!^^ ;))))))))))))))))))
so happy to participate and learn about deck print!^^ ;D :)))))))
I'm fine with everything!^^ ;)))

more questions can we submit same art we did for 5ATdeck?
or will we make a new one?
uniformed/themed deck or everyone make card by wish?:)))
(here we roll again! lolz :))))))))))))))

daphne

Count me in. I would rather a printed deck than digital only.

Your comment gives me the opportunity to elaborate a little on the implications of printing the deck.

Who wants to join the project and create a card must be aware that the deck will be out-there, available for anyone to order.

daphne

Copy that!

I'm curious to see where this might go :)

Me too. In the end, it is up to us. I am not going to make the deck alone. If there is enough interest, we go on. Otherwise, it makes no sense.

trzes

Why renegade deck? I don't think anyone will draw energy away from certain other projects or pull out of them because of this new one. As opposed to that Some people just might want to reuse some of their work from other projects.

BTW I am in too, and I would love to do a temperance card.

Although the creation of the deck happens to be discussed in ATF, this is not an ATF-deck. And I guess it will be published without any menion of ATF at all. Therefore the limitations for an ATF collobarorative deck don't apply. Different project, different name, different goal (printing). All limitations will be defined within the discussion about this specific deck. If I am mistaken with anything I said, then somebody please correct me.

HEAT is a perfect name. And thanks so much, daphne, for starting the thread :)