When multiple readers are wrong

olivia1

no one is ALWAYS accurate.
When I say it's not the reader's problem, I mean that they are not responsible for the sitters quirks, unfounded beliefs, selective listening, inner dishonesty, deniel, etc.
If it is a good honest true reading and dosen't work out as predicted, clearly not just a dellusional sitter one certainly owes the sitter some discussion about it and maybe..just maybe..a do-over.Quite possibly an apology.
I don't know any seasoned professional readers who like the same question multiple readers scenerio, although everyone is polite about it. Frankly, readers who are actually into it are generaly non-professional or student readers who need the reassurance that they are doing thier readings right.
You have to be surer of yourself than that to run with the big dogs.

i guess. actually i knew a woman who was a professional reader who was my mentor for a bit. she had been reading for 20 years at the time (hadnt spoken to her in years) but i dont know how long she has been reading professionally. i never really asked, i was just grateful she was willing to read for me and share her knowledge with me in exchange for me reading for her. she didnt seem to care that i also asked her friend (that friend that introduced us) the same question I had asked her. In fact, she was the one that started saying " oh i just know what you are saying must be true because Tracy said the same thing!" But i suppose maybe i just got lucky and got a real laid back mentor. we are still facebook friends but hadnt really spoken to her since i told her i was giving up tarot

Sirena84

First I am sorry if I am way off the topic.. I think my comment is related but if you find it useless, my deepest apologies.. :)

I am very interested in quantum mechanics and interference of energies and how free moving particles in the space, million miles from each other can effect each other's disposition and energies without direct interference.. and I guess its how a reading works.. by picking up on energies..

Now there is a theory which can be easily related to tarot, and that is for any given events there are many possibilities for outcome in the probability space.. at any given time when a reading is done, the reader is picking up on certain energies, and because there are more than one possibilities and also there are 78 tarot cards, using some mathematical calculations involving permutation and factorials, there are also many combinations of the tarot cards that can fit into any possible outcomes within the probability space.. so the reader has a choice of many combinations of cards to predict something that is likely to happen.. ie there is a certain probability of it happening.. Now here is an interesting thing that can happen, andit is that whenever a reading is done and one of the many possible outcomes is presented to the sitter, the energies within the possibility space for that particular events shifts.. and sometimes the reading changes the energies connected to a certain event.. every time the space for that particular event is looked at, ie focused on, it changes certain energies connected to that event, and that is why, sometimes the energies floating around a subject vary reading to reading.. that is not to say each of these readings were wrong.. its just that the energies shift as quantum mechanics states that dis- connected entities can effect each other in terms of the vibrations, and also because there are so many different combinations and permutations of possible outcomes that can match with many different combinations of the cards, any given reading at any particular moment in time could be correct, even though things can change as result of a second reading or generally the sub conscience mind of the sitter and the actions that follows as a result, even when they may not be so aware of their slight change of behaviour..
Th point I am trying to make in long is that, getting multiple readings sometimes is re-assuring, and I am guilty of doing it many times, but also we have to bear in mind that there is not only one possible outcome in the probability space and we also have many combinations of the cards that can be accurate for all the existing possibilities..

and as side note that is why although I use tarot to predict certain outcomes alot, but my preferred method of using it would be to ask for advice as to how to tap into the right energies to create my desired outcome from all the possible outcomes for that event in the probability space :)

I hope my comment is relevant .. :) xx

Smiling

we have to bear in mind that there is not only one possible outcome in the probability space and we also have many combinations of the cards that can be accurate for all the existing possibilities..

What a great point you make. You touch on our ability to co-create, and manifest our ideas -very exciting.

olivia1

First I am sorry if I am way off the topic.. I think m
First I am sorry if I am way off the topic.. I think my comment is related but if you find it useless, my deepest apologies.. :)

I am very interested in quantum mechanics and interference of energies and how free moving particles in the space, million miles from each other can effect each other's disposition and energies without direct interference.. and I guess its how a reading works.. by picking up on energies..

Now there is a theory which can be easily related to tarot, and that is for any given events there are many possibilities for outcome in the probability space.. at any given time when a reading is done, the reader is picking up on certain energies, and because there are more than one possibilities and also there are 78 tarot cards, using some mathematical calculations involving permutation and factorials, there are also many combinations of the tarot cards that can fit into any possible outcomes within the probability space.. so the reader has a choice of many combinations of cards to predict something that is likely to happen.. ie there is a certain probability of it happening.. Now here is an interesting thing that can happen, andit is that whenever a reading is done and one of the many possible outcomes is presented to the sitter, the energies within the possibility space for that particular events shifts.. and sometimes the reading changes the energies connected to a certain event.. every time the space for that particular event is looked at, ie focused on, it changes certain energies connected to that event, and that is why, sometimes the energies floating around a subject vary reading to reading.. that is not to say each of these readings were wrong.. its just that the energies shift as quantum mechanics states that dis- connected entities can effect each other in terms of the vibrations, and also because there are so many different combinations and permutations of possible outcomes that can match with many different combinations of the cards, any given reading at any particular moment in time could be correct, even though things can change as result of a second reading or generally the sub conscience mind of the sitter and the actions that follows as a result, even when they may not be so aware of their slight change of behaviour..
Th point I am trying to make in long is that, getting multiple readings sometimes is re-assuring, and I am guilty of doing it many times, but also we have to bear in mind that there is not only one possible outcome in the probability space and we also have many combinations of the cards that can be accurate for all the existing possibilities..

and as side note that is why although I use tarot to predict certain outcomes alot, but my preferred method of using it would be to ask for advice as to how to tap into the right energies to create my desired outcome from all the possible outcomes for that event in the probability space :)

You are so smart. I am just in awe of your post. You sound brilliant . You really do. I was in aww of your talk on quantum mechanics

In response to what you said that there are a bunch of different possibilities... That point is brought up often and that is absolutely a factor but there are lots of moments when the readers get it right...there a

Not that I'm really interested in the whys or why not though. I really just wanted to know how often multiple readers come up with the same prediction just for the prediction to not manifest/ be completely opposite of what is predicted.y comment is related but if you find it useless, my deepest apologies.. :)

You are so smart. I am just in awe of your post. You sound brilliant . You really do. I was in aww of your talk on quantum mechanics

In response to what you said that there are a bunch of different possibilities... That point is brought up often and that is absolutely a factor but there are lots of moments when the readers get it right and readers are able to overcome that. Though I suppose the reason as to why readings are sometimes accurate or aren't are a discussion in itself

olivia1

I think with ANY type of prediction one has two choices;

the prediction may not always be right

or

find ways to justify why it is 'sorta right' and point to factors that, although they changed the prediction from happening 'as predicted' still, somehow, mean the original prediction was right.

(Which is fudging IMO and a way to try and avoid the first option. )

Tappa won't let me edit my last post without the screen shaking so I'll just post a new post. I think raven nest and others are correct that readings that are predicative in nature are harder to get down because the very nature of making predictions one has to overcome many different factors... Like the future is fluid. That has been my experience too. I was just curious about everyone else's though. I initially thought that most of the readings I have gotten tended to be accurate when I ask about how my relationship with someone will turn out vs if I'll get a certain job that I had applied for. So I thought that maybe relationship outcomes are easier to predict than career and finances but now that I think of it, I think they have been equally hit or miss.

ravenest

I am very interested in quantum mechanics and interference of energies and how free moving particles in the space, million miles from each other can effect each other's disposition and energies without direct interference..

They can ? ? ?

I am familiar with the theories that some particles that 'make up matter' ( i.e. on a very small sub-microscopic level ... virtually within another 'reality field') seem to be able to influence other particles and particles seem to 'pop' in an and out of 'existence' (again in that field) .

But am not familiar with the idea that "free moving particles in space, millions of miles from each other can effect each other's disposition and energies without direct interference." ?

The following SOUNDS good ; " Now here is an interesting thing that can happen, and it is that whenever a reading is done and one of the many possible outcomes is presented to the sitter, the energies within the possibility space for that particular events shifts.. and sometimes the reading changes the energies connected to a certain event.. every time the space for that particular event is looked at, ie focused on, it changes certain energies connected to that event, and that is why, sometimes the energies floating around a subject vary reading to reading.. that is not to say each of these readings were wrong.. its just that the energies shift as quantum mechanics states that dis- connected entities can effect each other in terms of the vibrations."

- but how is that different from saying; 'Well, my reading interpretation COULD have been right but 'the future changed' ." ?

Predicting the future is supposed to be about predicting what will happen, not what could happen, what could happen is predicting a possibility not THE possibility which is what an accurate or 'right' reading is about.

Isn't it ? ( In 'this world' one can easily predict the outcome of a scientific experiment, the quantum results are from the quantum sub-atomic world, not this world and they dont apply here, as observation will 'obviously' show.)

I think that is what predictive tarot seekers seek ; what the outcome will actually be, in this world.

Any 'quantum' dynamics within a Tarot seem only to relate to its underlying 'hermetic patterns' inherited from Kabbalistic concepts.

Eg. we live in manifestation of 3 dimensions, time and motion bring in a 'fourth dimension' and by adding that we are moving away from 'material hard reality' towards the ideal. To fully understand the (very different) dynamics of the 'sub-atomic dimension' , 'Super-string theory' postulates another 7 compressed dimensions 'inside matter' making , all up 10 dimensions. M-theory is a refined extension of that and here they postulate 11 dimensions and realise that all the 'different' 'versions' of super-string theory can be unified in M-theory, including the concept of S-duality.

Versions of duality are something we cant escape; whether it is 'Supersymmetry' ;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supersymmetry

or the concept that the 'stings' can be either looped or joined - like rings- or 'open' and not joined (in a way that we can {yet } perceive ;) ) - like little lengths of string.

Kabbalah, shows the reverse model (that is from 'manifestation' down to 'creation' and the material world - not starting from the material world and looking 'within' it ).

It postulates a 3d 'ideal' realm above the abyss of perception, below this manifestation comes about in 7 levels, resulting in 10, the final tenth shows the original singularity, but now in myriad forms (matter, the world, the 'Universe'). To be more exact there is a sphere in the Abyss, this makes a fuller version so 11 dimensions. Every sphere has a qlippoth or 'super partner' and duality permeates the whole model.

There is a lot more, I am just being simplistic, but its all there.

ravenest

[Pre-emptive.]

... and if anyone wants to know why gravity doesnt gell in any unified model ... look for why pentacles are different from all the other suits - in a special way ;) .

Amanda

The following SOUNDS good ; " Now here is an interesting thing that can happen, and it is that whenever a reading is done and one of the many possible outcomes is presented to the sitter, the energies within the possibility space for that particular events shifts.. and sometimes the reading changes the energies connected to a certain event.. every time the space for that particular event is looked at, ie focused on, it changes certain energies connected to that event, and that is why, sometimes the energies floating around a subject vary reading to reading.. that is not to say each of these readings were wrong.. its just that the energies shift as quantum mechanics states that dis- connected entities can effect each other in terms of the vibrations."

- but how is that different from saying; 'Well, my reading interpretation COULD have been right but 'the future changed' ." ?

It's probably not the same because of the reader's confident (or lack of confident) energy levels. If a reader has any doubt that their methods would fail them, would that not affect the energy that allows them to connect with an accurate prediction?

Learning tarot, making predictions... it's like learning to ride a bike. You may have never ridden a bike before, but you see one and you say to yourself, "I'm going to race on that!" -- of course it's not going to happen the first time, and racing on it isn't going to happen every single time. But after you've learned to stop being wobbly, after you've learned to catch yourself from falling on your face, after you've learned to steer -- you get the confidence to race it. Confidence isn't everything, it needs to be backed up by experience and skill -- but the energy of confidence still plays its part to get a person to excel on that bike and win that race.

Why would you look at two or three other bike-riders who failed and say to yourself, "Okay, that is exactly how NOT to do it. They were wrong. I think it's because they pedaled too much going into the curve." Helpful, maybe. But would it challenge you to excel? Probably not. That's a backwards way of getting ahead of the game and getting a solid answer, don't you think? All that is going to do is keep you from being as bad as they are at it.

MissNine

Hmmmm... I know that when I've asked readers (money exchanged) and different outcomes were put forth, I ended up shooting myself in the foot. Why? Because I was insecure and I couldn't find peace in myself so I just wanted more validation.

Asking different readers the same question is like asking my own cards the same question again and again. What happens? You end up messing yourself up because the cards start giving different answers. And when the first reader (assuming you feel they are a capable reader) tells you what they see, by going to reader two, you only run the risk of the cards telling you a different message.

In your case, wAs the first reader totally wrong, or a subsequent reader? If it was the first reader, did you feel they were an accurate reader or didn't know them at all?

gregory

Have you ever had a reading where multiple readers told you a certain outcome would happen just for the opposite to manifest? If so then what was the subject ( relationship, career, finance, etc) of the reading and what was the nature ( predictive or trying to tap into someone's emotional status)?
Multiple readers give the same message.

In my view that would suggest that the message/outcome was the correct one at the time - just as if that message had come from a single reading. And the future is not set in stone.

Remember that member here who asked if her daughter would pass her exams. The cards said absolutely no - and MULTIPLE members here agreed.

She passed - because she then changed things and knuckled down. But at the time of the reading - there was indeed no chance.

When you got that message - from however many places/readers you got it - something changed in you that meant things didn't pan out the way they had said, the way that you expected.