Reading while Drunk

Have you read the Tarot Cards while drunk?

• Yes I have and never again

Votes: 18 9.8%
  • No, you nuts???

Votes: 100 54.3%
  • "Hiccup"....Sure whatever...taking another swig, shot, whatever floats your boat*

Votes: 51 27.7%
  • On the floor....cards scattered everywhere.....

Votes: 15 8.2%

• Total voters

Tabby

Nope No Drinking

As for me personally, I wouldn't want to be drunk and try to read cards. I would think it would cloud the reading. But, that is just my opinion on the subject.

contradiction

I went with "hiccup", but you did miss one, "after a few drinks, but not plastered". There was a time when if I was off work, I was drinking, but I never really got "drunk". And, yes my readings were accurate.
I agree a few drinks, could relax you. Too many drinks, and who knows what you might see. (turn over the death card then run screaming pulling hair, and ripping off clothes)"HELP, I'm gonna dieeeeeeeee. Get the buggggggs offff meeeeee.".... (fall down 8 flights of stairs, hit the bottom still scratching, and screaming_

psychic sue

I read somewhere, a long time ago so I can't remember where it was, that having a small amount of alcohol can be a plus, because you "open up" psychically when you've had a drink.

Having said that, I wouldn't try it. I think you need ALL your faculties about you when you are reading !

Sue x

Emily

I've read for myself a couple of times when I've been tipsy - not sure it added anything to the readings though lol

I wouldn't try to read if I was roll-around-the-floor-drunk - I need to focus on my cards. :) (Not that I get that way often - Just to clarify :) )

bladeraven

contradiction said:
I went with "hiccup", but you did miss one, "after a few drinks, but not plastered". There was a time when if I was off work, I was drinking, but I never really got "drunk". And, yes my readings were accurate.
I agree a few drinks, could relax you. Too many drinks, and who knows what you might see. (turn over the death card then run screaming pulling hair, and ripping off clothes)"HELP, I'm gonna dieeeeeeeee. Get the buggggggs offff meeeeee.".... (fall down 8 flights of stairs, hit the bottom still scratching, and screaming_

ROFL...I just woke up and was reading through the posts when I came across this...Thanks Contradiction...now I have to wipe the coffee off of me, the computer, the floor, my child...

Oh My Gods...Your post here is going to be a classic....LOL...too too funny...

bladeraven

jmd said:
This is indeed an area that does not appear to often be discussed, yet there are probably a dozen threads that make mention of this here on Aeclectic - but two that stand out that seem to directly address the same question are:
Alcohol, as tea, tobacco and as coffee also, will, in small doses, affect one in what perhaps one may argue has beneficial effects when one is about to read.

I would not, however, recommend getting either drunk, nor or consuming large quantities of caffeine, prior to a reading.

I personally have never been drunk prior to a reading.

Reading when half sozzled?? I need to read that post...Lol...I was pretty emotional when I read the readings Friday...My SO is in Cali and since we don't know the exact date I can get over there..juggled managing finances for here and Cali, trying to figure out what to do about work in Cali while dealing with the Boss from hell here and issues about daycare..blah blah blah...I started with one cup while working on a pile of readings (I'm on a yahoo group for mothers and was doing readings for them when they found out I read Tarot) and well..by the time I was done..the bottle was empty..the beer was looking good...or it could have been bottles of fruit juice..by then I could care less if an elephant had walked through my place and I was feeling mighty good while listening to I just wanna live by Good Charlotte.

It's been tough...every time he calls or txts me on the phone.......well...I miss him so much..I've tried distracting myself by working on details of an altar...blah blah blah...but having not seen him for two weeks going now and the claddagh ring on my left hand is the closest to him that I have right now.....that and the fluffy bunny in bed but that's another story and thread.

WolfSpirit

Elven said:
I rarely drink, but tea is my passion. I sit at ATF with a cup that looks like a bucket and drink tea from the time I log on to the time I log off!!

*toasts with Elven* I like big hot cups of tea, too !

I have never read when I had a drink, but then I don't read very often, and I like a drink but not that often, so having a drink for me is really a time to relax.
I am not against alcohol, but if you need it to open up or to relax, I think it would be wise to ask yourself why you need alcohol for that.

bladeraven

I normally don't drink alcohol when I read...as the previous post mentioned...going through an emotional time right now with SO in CA (That's actually another ongoing thread...lol)..

He and I are wine enthusiasts and collect wine and I have cheap wine to just enjoy....Friday night...it was a case of having "Mommy time"...I was doing readings and pretty upset after talking to him because I can't see him (His boss's wife is worst...his boss told me how she would call him at 4 in the morning every day...keep in mind..California is two hours behind Texas. She and I would spend hours doing things together with our kids...but the bottom line we both also agree...we miss our SO's and it's harder when missing someone you love so much and you have kids too...)....Sometimes going to bed to a stuff bunny isn't enough.....particuarly when the stuff bunny came from him..........sigh

Anyway...Otherwise..I'll be drinking tea with cream and sugar, coffee or milk.

cybercat

Drinking when reading

Hmmmm I might have to try this. I tend to be very self conscious of myself and my actions. Having a few might just liten me up a bit but I would have to be careful for I talk to much when under the influance.

Maybe Beltain would be a good time early in the evening after ritual.

Cat

bladeraven

lol..good idea...moderation helps...Don't want you arrested for reading Tarot Cards while under the influence...hehehehe