creating a real deck

monkeychemist

Hello,

I was thinking of creating my own deck because frankly I am not really feeling the decks that are out there. I have my images in progress however I was curious about the final step. What is the best way to print them out onto real cards so that you get a real deck? I really don't want a (pardon the expression) "ghetto" looking deck. I wanted to have real cards. Is this something I need to take to Kinko's?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jeremy

psychicbody

The "best" way of course is to find a publisher, or professional printing company. There are at least two threads on publishers, that I know of.
As far as the big names go, US Games and Llewellyn seem the best for general Tarot cards. The deck I want to make is going to be an oracle, so I would not recommend them for something that is quite so taylored; US Games I notice has kind of a crappy border on their cards, that I dont like.

rota

Be sure to use the Search function for older information on this question. The thread is fairly old, and there's a lot of info. Try printing, publishing, self-publishing, lamination and similar terms.
Best of luck with your project! I hope you'll keep us updated on your progress!

HudsonGray

And narrow the search down to the Deck Creation forum, it's all in there so finding the right threads will be easier. The 'archives' go back further than just the few pages indicated at the bottom of the screen, the only way to find the older ones is to search on the right words. We pretty much kept the thread titles pretty specific, so searching on the titles instead of entire posts is feasable.

monkeychemist

I am sorry about my lack of searching...typical newbie mistake. I had scanned the topic a little but I thought my case was different because I am not looking to get published or get many decks created just one. I will continue searching before asking this time.

thanks for the anwsers

Jeremy