The Cafe Reader Diary :)

w0ndrfulelectr1c

I've just spent about three or four hours reading this thread start to finish and I am more inspired now than ever to read and read and read the tarot and interact with real live people. I loved experiencing this trip with you and the rest of AT.
Thank you, you've made me one happy guy.

Netzach

Gosh, Elven, we've come a long way since the 18th of September 2005 when I first posted to this thread saying (among other things):

I'm certain I shall feel much more confident when I start doing public tarot readings (as I fully intend to do), not least because of all the help and guidance that's offered by members of this forum.

You did so much to help me get a handle on intuitive reading which I was then able to practice in the ISG which started soon afterwards. And, less than a year later, I started reading professionally.

Until now it's all been at fairs and private clients but today (by a happy synchronicity, since w0nderfulelectr1c has just resurrected this thread and made me think of posting to it) I started what will be a regular weekly session in a shop. I thought of you and your basket last night when I was getting my stuff together! And today I saw three clients which I thought was pretty good for a first day!

So, thank you Elven for inspiring me!!

w0ndrfulelectr1c

Netzach that's awesome that you got a weekly gig! And three readings on the first day too? Awesome! Maybe I'll have another thread to read every week?

Tarotwytch

Elven said:
I have an indoor reading room and the balcony to use for readings - hopefully during Spring and Summer the balacony will be the main reading area - and the during the colder months, the room can be used.

I will post some pictures of the progress on a new thread. I wish I had a photo of the room and the balcony before I started tidying up ... Ive taken over 3 van loads of cr*p to the tip :bugeyed: so I really have been tossing out the old life for good and bringing in the new! So things are a bit sparse - but its clean and neat. I'll take photos tomorrow and get the therad happening - it also helps to keep me on track.

Thankyou guys for all your support.
Blessings
Elven x

Elven: I've so enjoyed reading this thread and looking forward to seeing your pictures - hope I haven't missed them somewhere else. I often think of your "basket".

Netzach: Great news about your shop sessions.

re-pete-a

Hey Elven,

Where you are already.??

not getting toasted are you girl ???

Little Hare

This is an amazing thread....

Elven... you ever going to publish any of your writings?

Love

Little Hare

Shade

I just wanted to surface this thread once again as I think the last time it was posted in it was still in in the Professionals forum (before the merge). I found Elven's experiences at the cafe rather inspiring - they gave me the urge to bring out my cards in cafes and read for others and they made for quite an interesting read.

Obsydian

Thanks for bringing this thread back! I spent some hours today reading through it and it was delightful. I could barely bring myself to stop!