Traveling AT Member Deck ~ Journal ~

weaver

Here are the pictures as promised! The first two pictures are of me, Contrascarpe and Gardener with the couple's BEAUTIFUL baby in my living room. Our very elderly kitty, Blackberry, can be seen on the right as well! (The bag on the chair behind us is from the very wonderful Full Moon Dreams deck.) What you can not really see in these pictures are all of the decks we are sitting amongst on the floor! (Note to Contrascarpe and Gardener...Have you ever considered a move to NH?!)

From there, the AT Traveling Member deck took a few field trips! Picture #3 was taken right behind our home next to the first small stream that traverses our property. My husband, Mark, is holding the deck in this one. Picture #4 is of me, the member deck, and our very sweet dog, Birch, at the reservoir which abuts our property. Thought unfortunately the third and fourth pictures are quite dark and do not at all capture the magic of their settings, suffice it to say, we took the deck to places we love!

So, over to you, sweet Startarot! This will be my final post here. I look forward to reading all about the deck's adventures as it makes it's way around the world!

Blessings to each and every one of you!
weaver

Attachments

• #1hanging out.jpg
    #1hanging out.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 147
  • #2more hanging.jpg
    #2more hanging.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 135
  • #3 Mark behind home.jpg
    #3 Mark behind home.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 135
  • #4atreservoir.jpg
    #4atreservoir.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 131

Startarot

Marvelous Adventure

I received the WS with Wednesdays mail. I was very excited and could not wait to open the box. Once in my hands I could feel her energy. I quickly started moving through the cards looking for the signatures. I am not sure what I was expecting, maybe some visual of each and every one of hands that had held them. The energy was definitely intense and I had to put them down and simply take a deep breath. I had a lot to do before I could sit down and “visit”. A few hours later… not really sure what to ask and not really guided to do a reading. I simply asked her, know that the energy of all those who have come before would be part of this, I asked, What card am I to sign? I shuffled, cut and turned a card over and there she was the 3 of pentacles. I laughed out loud. In signing this card and leaving my energetic imprint I announce out loud that I am open to receiving the beautiful bounty of the generous universe and that sharing in this bounty is my life’s work. Thank you all, it is truly an honor and a blessing to share in this adventure. So on your way to Canada into the hands of Marion.
Bright Blessings,
Startarot

Alta

The box is getting a little battered, I had to re-tape a previously taped corner and the cards have clearly been used. It was fun going through and seeing which card those ahead of me chose to sign. Somewhere at some time we should compile a record of that. The one I picked to sign was just because of the image, it made me smile.

I have this deck but have deliberately not had it out so I can get that 'oh, I had forgotten what a great deck this is!' feeling. And I did.

The deck isn't going to be too scared, as for some reason it decided to go above freezing in January. I didn't realize that was possibe, but then it is only my third winter here.

Attachments

• DSCN1974.JPG
    DSCN1974.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 144

Alta

I thought about what to do, and decided to just try giving myself a 3-card reading. I drew
The Sun - 6 of pentacles - The Tower
Now there is quite a dramatic energy exchange! with the 6 in the middle mediating.
The red bag in the background came with the deck, so I guess it got added somewhere. Very attractive and goes well with the black borders of the deck.

As for the reading, maybe it says that if I can mediate by giving to others, then I can balance these two strong energies.

Attachments

• DSCN1975.JPG
    DSCN1975.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 122

Alta

Well the travelling AT deck got to see a huge snowstorm, partly broke off one of the trees in my backyard. But it is sooo lovely today, mountains of crisp white white stuff.

I used the AT travelling members deck to do my Circle of Stones reading this week. I thought it should have a chance to do a real reading while here. I have it used it several times for short draws for me personally.

Given that it has to cross an international border yet again, I am going to pack it up this afternoon and mail it tomorrow. It has been a thrill for me to hold it and use it. I like the World Spirit anyway but this deck is special.

Thanks for the opportunity Daizdy! And may it travel speedily and without incident.

Attachments

• DSCN1981.JPG
    DSCN1981.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 140

mercenary30

Unfortunately I did not have as much hands on time with the deck as I would have liked. For that matter I do not have much hands on time with ANY of my decks these days. Life is just too darned busy right now.
But I did spend time looking at each of the cards, and going through and looking at all of the signatures. I was glad that my soul card (and life card) was not already signed, so I placed my moniker on the Chariot.

Just before I packed it up, I gave it a good shuffle while asking the deck what it would like me to know at this time…….

It showed me the Four of Wands.

That is a great card considering all the changes going on in my life; not the least of which is a brand new job.

Knowing that I am establishing a new foundation in life is a really great feeling and exciting too!

So the deck is now on its way to Chronata, and with any luck will arrive on Saturday or Monday. I did send it certified with signature required……so it will have to be picked up in person.

Thank you to all who started this, and all who are participating. This is going to be one incredible deck when it has gone through everyone’s hands.

One final thought I had on the deck as I was walking away from the postal drop……Does everyone realize how much money is being spent sending this thing around???

We are communally spending neigh $1000 to ship this deck around the world. The person who gets it in the end is going to be one lucky person.

My vote is we send it to Solandia. For all she has done for us, what better gift could we ever give?

Chronata

It's Here! It's here!

I rushed to my post office today (after being disappointed on Saturday...) and made it just in time to sign the registered mail receipt.
(my post office has weird random hours!)

I took out the deck...(and a beautiful little gift from Mercenary! :) ) and instantly...I felt the hum...a way cool energy emitting from the deck!

It was wonderful looking through all the signatures, and all the cards chosen.

But the energy...that's just the best!

I do have my own World Spirit...but it's different as it came to me in a trade and has no borders(which i just adore about it!) so it was kinda interesting seeing and feeling a deck that is "whole"...though it is a lot bigger than I thought it would be!

The cards slide off one another so softly and so perfectly...like a whisper.

And I enjoy seeing the titles too! I had no idea the courts were changed...even though I have the little book (never looked through) and I have seen a full size version once before!

This one is going to be a dream to work with...if only I can find the time this week! It would have ben cool using it next week, as I have a gig doing tarot at a restaurant for mardi gras...but then, maybe with all the nudity...this deck would not have been the best...

I asked one question...how will our relationship be, as reader and deck?
I cut to the Seeker of Cups...a wonderful intuitive quest for the dream...

Already, I see this is going to be a wonderful couple of days!

Chronata

It's Tuesday!

I have already done at least one reading with it, in a most intuitive one at that!

I really enjoy this deck a lot!
It is still zingy with energy each time I open the little box!

And I love looking at the backs and then turning them over to see which cards relate to which readers.
I feel a connection to them.
Like the connection I feel to ancient mysteries when I hold a sacred and old object in my hands.
It does not feel quite like old energy...
but it does feel sacred ...or maybe magic ...is that the right word?

I definitely feel like I am part of something.

Crows were very loud this morning. I noticed it right off...that someone wants me to pay attention today...
so I ask...what will today be?
Eight of Swords. My! That's unexpected!
well..it is Valentine's day...but somehow I don't think this refers to a B&D Fetish romp! (ah well...}) )
It most likey refers to the stress I am already feeling today about...deadlines, and physical aches, and unhappy calls with friends...and just no motivation to accomplish anything in my big messy slobby house.
The fact that i need a Vacation. But my Spouse needs one more.

So...playing the Fortune Cookie game as a message to inspire me today... I draw
7 Wands, 4 Pents, Seer of cups

My motto for today...
It is not considered selfish to fight for understanding and defend your visions and your dreams...
Ah. Yes. That is something i needed.

Chronata

Wednesday...
and I have to add the little reading that happened after I logged off yesterday...but before the cards were put away!
As i was putting them in the box, the JUSTICE card fell out on the floor...uh oh! I thought...my hubby is in traffic court today trying to clear up a suspension that he didn't even know about due to a paper work screw up with the Secretary of State...

And immediately, of course, I freaked! ...is this good Justice... or bad? I ask with trepidation...
the next card is DEATH! Oh no! Now I fear the worst...he's going to be found guilty of something,sent to jail, I'm going to have to survive on my own...

Turns out everything was fine...except for a fine...and now here's a very good reason why I don't read tarot for myself! :D

Anyway...still doing readings with this lovely energized deck! My Intuition just flows very easily with this one! (sigh...wish I could keep it longer!)

readings are on this thread...
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=54599

My fortune cookie advice for the day...Ace of Pentacles, Sage of Swords, 5 Swords...
I will not get my finances straightened out, unless there is good communication, and no procrastination.

Huh. That's for sure!

Chronata

Thursday...
I have to do a couple more readings with my lovely loan...and then bid it farewell on it's amazing journey.

I plan to have it in the post by tomorrow morning.

But first...there's the matter of which card to sign!

Oh my...but this is difficult...as there are so many cards that I love!

I adore the fool as she looks like no one ever told her she couldn't fly...:)

I love the death card...with the fiery phoenix rising from the funeral pyre!It has a sadness and an exquisite beauty that I think is missing in most death cards.

I really like the devil, and his theatrical showmanship...he reminds me of a carnival barker enticing one to take a peek at the darker temptations.

The Lovers is gorgeous, and there's such a feeling of compassion and passion here.

The voodoo magician doing his ritual in his hounsa...like he is touching the Mysteries and welcoming Erzulie.Truly inspiring!

I love the blue hanging man...who looks so calm and so saintly.

oh...and Minors!
The two of pents shows a woman balancing her penatcles that looks like no one else in any other deck I have. I just love the way she looks!

The three of pentacles is really one of my favorite cards anyway...and this one reminds me so much of myself...there's a nifty cross between what looks like modern skyscrapers through the window and the historical costume of the man in the foreground.

I love the four of cups...and the little glowing mouse to remind one to look at the details...

I love the three of cups...with it's maid, mom, and crone, looking so relaxed and comfortable with who they are.

The two of swords is one of my favorite versions of that card ever...showing a man focusing on kata, and balance. I look at that card and see that balnce between calm meditation and focused intensity. It's a great card of concentration!

The two of wands speaks to me of longing and dreaming. I love the blue seashore, that looks like some exotic far away island.

And I really like the energy of the three of wands too...with the leap for joy!

I even like the 8 of wands...because the colors are so active...so alive and vibrant...and I can see what look like eyes in those flames!

Wow...this is gonna be tough!

I am thinking of asking the deck which card it thinks I should sign...which relates to me best at this moment!
That way..I won't have to choose between so many fabulous images!