Chronata's Other Happy Distraction...

Chronata

yep. the original card (if I can find it ) has a traditional old fashioned phone receiver with the curly cord!

I am glad you think I should keep it that way....cell phones don't look like phones to me at all.

"That's nice -have a cookie" is a lot like the meaning you have imagined Penthasilia
It's the phrase my friends all use for people who seem to get over excited or enthusiastic about...nothing. It's also a card to remind you that sometimes it's Ok to treat yourself (even if you are on a diet!)

jackdaw*

I was thinking about this thread the other day. About the card called "Toast" :laugh:

Mojo Twin 2

I will add that I would gladly purchase this deck if you decided to see it through to completion. I love a deck with a sense of humor.

Speaking of which:

"The Universe has a sense of humor"
"Seriously! (a child with a grumpy face)"
"Nice kitty"
"Take a long walk"

:)

alec...

Storm82

"shut up and deal" love it :D

MoonGypsy

Are you still working on this one, too, Robyn? :* i hope, i hope! :p

Chronata

Yes...but I can't find my originals anywhere.
Grrrrrrrrrrr.
I am still looking! It would be fine if I could access the old computer files.

garmonbozia

I just remembered this deck today. For some reason that toast card popped into my head. What does it mean? What does it mean?

You could really have fun with the LWB for this one.

flying black kat

Robyn -

Just because this is an old thread, does not mean that this deck whould not be appreciated, or is out of date.

The first thing I thought about with the cookie was the 2 women over the back fence and the one keeps taking a bit of the others cookie. A current commerical.

I would definitly be interested in buying this deck if you finish it. Sometimes the only thing that gets us thru a bad time is a strange sense of humor.

I would be using it today, if I had one.

Kathy

silverwings94

Ok I am completly sold on this new oracle. I knowthis thread may bea bit old but i so hope that you get this finished and i would so love to additto my growing collection of your work. You know if it ever came down to chooosingmy favorite of all your decks I don't think I could choose just one.
I am hoping that you do finish this oracle and I would be so honored to own it
Namaste,
KAT

QUOTE=Chronata;698937]ha ha ha!
You guys are too funny...oh wait...
you are all serious, aren't you?
:D

Glad you all like them! I have been pushing this idea around in my head...and in a notebook...for about 5 months now.

My first thought was...well, no one's going to understand what the hell I am doing with these! it's nice to know that it's not true.

I am trying to find phrases and images that have many meanings...many layers, both in the spiritual and the mundane.

the working title is...
"That Odd Little Oracle"

But I don't know if it's irreverant enough!

And gardener..you are right! I would love some more ideas for cards!
I get sort of insanely inspired...and lots of things come out all at once (like the time I spent at your place!) but then when I look back on them, only some ideas are multi layered enough for me to be usable...

so...ideas for cards...very much welcome!

Here's a few more cards...

they are done on paper that is glued to playing cards (making instant backs!)
A nifty trick I learned from the Artist Trading Card folks![/QUOTE]