My Utility Marseille Deck (work in progress)...

euripides

just had to tell you, when I read the thread title, I thought "utilikilt" (utility kilt) and thought "ooh, blokes in kilts and boots! Yeah baby!" ... but t'was not to be .... *sigh*.....

Code Warrior

euripides said:
just had to tell you, when I read the thread title, I thought "utilikilt" (utility kilt) and thought "ooh, blokes in kilts and boots! Yeah baby!" ... but t'was not to be .... *sigh*.....

LOL! That... uhhm.. may be my next deck. ;)

Debra

The "10" looks awfully cramped, but 1-9 I like.

Debra

Well, there are about ten zillion typefaces....one of 'em has got to have a better 10! ;)

Code Warrior

The 10 has been rekerned and probably needs to be spaced out even more. I've got 5 more majors left to 'rough-in' then I will be done with Stage-One.

Stage-Two is to print these roughs at card size in high-rez and correct (mark up places that need work; thick/thin line art, bad color combos, etc.) and then re-edit.

Some things I've in mind is to switch from that midnight blue I'm using with something more baby blue-ish or dark cyan. I still want to keep the deck four color so going with the traditional TdM II 6 or 7 color is out of the question. I also am going to completely redo my As d'Epée to incorporate a palm leaf and olive branch and to make the crown more in lines with the TdM theme. The Jokers will be redone in TdM style as well.

Let me know how my project is coming,
Dan

Debra

Love the idea of a palm and olive on the sword. I can never judge color in the abstract but it may be improvable. There's an awful lot of that gold on some of those cards and while it looks good, it's a bit "brassy"--is that good? I don't know, my color sense isn't so hot. But I know what i like and I do like these cards!

Apocalipstick

Code Warrior said:
LOL! That... uhhm.. may be my next deck. ;)
May it happen soon.

Code Warrior

I've begun stage two of my deck. Going back through and balancing color, adding shading hatch lines, and fixing mistakes. After this pass, I print a demo deck and see what they look like and make further corrections.

The cards with 'red names' under the thumbnails are finished. I like the new blue I picked as the old one was too dark IMHO.

Let me know what you think,
Dan

Debra

YES! Indeed, a better blue! Now I'm wondering...a slightly less muddy gold? Is that possible? Ok, everyone's a critic, eh? The cross-hatching is very effective--elegant and gives just the right sense of depth. Bravo.