Would a querant take me seriously if I used this deck, or not?

thinbuddha

Marion said:
Okay, I give up. What are DEVIL STARS???

Pentacles. All over the RWS and many decks based on it.

Grizabella

Pentacles. :)

Gee, you guys are really fast! I didn't know you were here. :p

Elven

lark said:
Idid once have a client request I change decks....I was using the Hanson Roberts and she told me she didn't want me to use a deck with those "Devil Stars on it.

:p :eek: Not those pentacle thingies!!! ??? :bugeyed: :p

lark

Yes, our sweet little pentacles are really....(pause for spooky music)
DEVIL STARS! })

lark

...and if you are interested I can relate the now infamous Robin Wood, Lovers card crocked banana story.

Umbrae

Years ago I did have one client look at my worn WCS and say, "You're not going to read for me with a beginners deck are you?"

She was serious.

I read for her with it anyways. I don't remember what kind of flippant remark I made, but knowing me - my response had to have been flippant.

Elven

lark said:
...and if you are interested I can relate the now infamous Robin Wood, Lovers card crocked banana story.

Elven is all ears!! :D Relate! Relate!! :p })

lark

OK.
I was doing a reading for a lady, a mother of one of my friends...using my trusty Robin Wood deck....I was as comfortable as a clam in warm sand.
Layed out a nice spread of cards and started to read.....
HER..."OH my"
I looked up...she was clutching the neck of her blouse and pointing at the Lovers card....oh my!.
ME..."Would you like me to talk about what this card means?"
Her..."Oh my!" No I don't like his...you know..."
Me..."His penis?"
Her... OH my!
So not having another deck I looked around at what was avaliable and took the banana sticker off of a banana we had for snacks, and stuck it right on his "Oh my."
Me..'"There I said his little crocked banana is all covered up nice and tidy."
(Hey, a tarot readers gota do what a tarot readers gota do.)

And she started to laugh and I started to laugh and we laughed through the whole reading.
I think she felt a little silly that she was being so sensitive...but grateful I had done my best to make her feel comfortable.
So forever after the poor Lovers card has been known as The Crocked Little Banana card.

Baroli

lark said:
'"There I said his little crocked banana is all covered up nice and tidy."
(Hey, a tarot readers gota do what a tarot readers gota do.)

Boy, that's the Good Housekeeping stamp of approval right there. Chiquita Banana!!! :p

Gotta love it. Great story.

Umbrae said:
I read for her with it anyways. I don't remember what kind of flippant remark I made, but knowing me - my response had to have been flippant.

No, not you, I don't believe you would be flippant. Never. :D

Baroli

gregory

Umbrae said:
I've even used the Tarot of the Tailors and been taken seriously!
Not by me.....................

But it's true LB - it is YOU who reads; the deck is so secondary.