Trimming - how many decks and which decks?

bleuivy

Hi all! Here's the scans of my trimmed Archeon. I find the deck much more approchable without its large borders. Firstly, because I have tiny hands, but also because the images are so evocative that to me the large borders detract. The deck is a much more manageable size now, and it's travel-sized too!

My trimmed Archeon is one of my all time favorite decks! :)

Attachments

• Archeon1.jpg
    Archeon1.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 978
  • Archeon2.jpg
    Archeon2.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 819

Bean Feasa

That's it! Archeon's next!

Thanks for posting the scans bleuivy - those cards look glorious. :)

BodhiSeed

Thank you bleuivy - they're gorgeous! Now where did I put my scissors and corner rounder...

Bodhran

Little Hare

Blueivy-

Those cards look amazing! WOW :bugeyed: the autumnal colors look life like!

jackdaw*

I've trimmed the Druidcraft (down to the stone borders), the Paris (the modern collage one) and the Vision.

I've been sorely tempted to trim the Thoth. When I have a spare, maybe - mine is a greenie whose borders I quite like. But I'm curious to see what it's like without them. Also the Nigel Jackson.

bleuivy

Hiya guys! Doesn't the Archeon look fantabulous trimmed? :D

After I shucked those borders, the Archeon became one of my absolute faves. The cards are so expressive, and the colors just pop so much more. I don't read about it getting trimmed too much, so I've been meaning to post scans since I did it - about a month now. This thread finally prompted me! :)

I will say it was the most challenging deck to trim for me so far. All those dark colors right by the borders made it tricky occasionally to see exactly what was border and what was card. It was way worth it, though, and it was still possible to tell what part of each card went where. All of my cards are a uniform size, anyway. :)

SolSionnach

wow on the Archeon, blueivy! I was thinking of getting rid of my copy, but now I'm thinking that a bout with the scissors is the next step.

As far as trimming: only the Tarot of the Master - WOW WOW WOW, did that make a difference! I was considering trimming my Golden, until I saw some trimmed cards... um. No. I won't be trimming that one.

But Archeon. Wow.

BodhiSeed

Bleuivy,
I've already trimmed about 15 cards of the Archeon, and I can't believe all the details I can see now that I missed before. I love the little size of it too! Thanks for encouraging me with your scans!

Bodhran

bleuivy

Hiya Bodhran,

The Archeon borders are gorgeous. My problem with them is that they were so gorgeous and intricate that I was missing the images. The borders distracted me. I'm glad that my trimming job inspired you to do your own. The cards really start singing once they lose weight, don't they? :p

Dwaas

That Archeon is just too gorgeous! Must get myself another copy to trim as well. So far I trimmed the Thoth and the Old English.