Trimming - how many decks and which decks?

Hemera

vargo trimmed

here´s my Vargo Gothic trimmed.

Attachments

• vargo gothic trimmed.jpg
    vargo gothic trimmed.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 965

rainwolf

Index

Here is an index of deck modifying threads (trimming) for those interested.

tortoise

<<You trimmed the Light and Dark>??
It didn't affect the back too much, but not all the designs (on the front) are the same size, so i nearly came to grief and trimmed one too small-- :/
I like the look of the deck much better, and it is easier for me to handle. Ditto for the VRm--it only affected the red border on the back, & is better size for my hands.

Mariana

bleuivy said:
Hi all! Here's the scans of my trimmed Archeon. I find the deck much more approchable without its large borders. Firstly, because I have tiny hands, but also because the images are so evocative that to me the large borders detract. The deck is a much more manageable size now, and it's travel-sized too!

My trimmed Archeon is one of my all time favorite decks! :)

I just trimmed my Archeon and it's lovely! I was a bit doubtful, because the original borders are quite nice, but trimming the cards made me realise how elaborate the borders really are and how much they distract you from the actual image. The trimmed cards look so much brighter and especially clutter free. I'm really glad I trimmed it!

(I did order a backup copy, though...)

RubyV

Just found this.

I've done the Druidcraft down to the stone borders, w/o titles, Goddess (and now use it as a majors only), and the standard size Thoth.

Anam Cara

After reading several posts on this subject, i finally invested in a corner cutter at the local scrapbooking shop. Sat down with it and a sharp pair of scissors last night...I'm hooked!

I trimmed my Nigel Jackson Tarot...what a difference, it's amazing!
The dramatic results gave me the courage to trim my Tarot de Paris (as i have JPT's new version on its way in the mail :) )....i love the smaller size and the new emphasis on the images....i'm a true convert now!

It's easier, now, for me to "see the story" when i lay out the cards...

Although I would never trim ALL of my decks, I'm really dazzled by the end product. Thanks to all who have posted on this subject and given me the courage to try it too!!
:heart:cara

AJ

I gave my Tarot de Paris a borderectomy this summer. I like the cards fine with the border but they were just too big for common sense ;)
Please let us know when your reprint comes, how the decks vary. I'm really curious.

WolfyJames

Well, I gave in in the whole trimming thing, used my mother's scisors today on the Green Man Tree Oracle. She screamed and tried to stop me but it ended up better and even her agreed the cards look better this way. I took her scisors and plan to use them on the Druidcraft, that is certain, and other decks like the Druid Animal Oracle. It takes a lot of courage but the results are good and worth it. The Green Man Tree Oracle art comes out better and the deck is easier to shuffle and handle, I'm dreaming already how better the Druidcraft will come out from his surgeries.

thorhammer

As soon as I can find a corner cutter I'm giving my Rohrig duplicate a borderectomy. I was going to wait till I had my first one in my possession again, but I've found that in its absence I'm kind of moved on. So I'm not overly bothered, and the duplicate has been well loved and the edges are all worn, so it'll give it a new lease on life (thanks, MattDouglas!).

I'll let y'all know how it goes, when I come back from holidays and steal the guillotine from work for a weekend! })

\m/ Kat

All Is One

In theory I am all for you guys trimming away...just got the Morgan greer 2 days ago and it really pops without borders.

However, the edge left from a fresh cut will annoy the bejesus out of me and if I hack into a tiny portion and it is less straight of an edge...

my OCD will take over and I'll be on Amazon ordering a replacement. A paper cutter would not align things perfectly enough for me, nor do I trust myself to do the job in general.

Still remains that I think it's an excellent idea.