New Lenormand Courses

Lee

Just wanted to post that the issue has been resolved. The website owner/seller has issued me a full refund through PayPal. They never did respond to my email or to my PayPal message to them. The website is still down.

IHeartRescues

Hi Lee :) Well I am sure happy you rec'd your refund thru Paypal, but I know you would have preferred the continuity of your classes! What is up w the NO communication fm a group of "professionals" that you had subscribed to in good faith and w your $ ?? I cannot believe they feel no responsibility to respond to their subscribers. Certainly puts a taint on the online "university" status, to me. Darn it all as I had planned on joining also. After having missed Andy's courses I was looking forward to getting rolling w these! Will be interested to see how this is eventually handled/explained. (I messaged their contact email several months ago, and then Bjorn also, after reading your earlier posts, with no responses

Lee

Hi IHeartRescues,

I agree, this kind of thing can be very frustrating. On the other hand, I've found (after long experience with various tarot, astrology, and Lenormand courses) that one has to expect a certain amount of instability and unreliability. After all, such courses are usually offered by individuals or small groups of people (even if their websites make them seem like a large group). Things happen, people change, and there are always going to be a certain percentage of transactions that don't work out. I believe the same is true with deck collectors who purchase a lot of self-published decks.

In this particular situation, I think the fact that the courses resided on a website rather than being sent to the student makes it a more risky business, since it depends on the continued participation of the course vendor. I knew that, and it was one reason why I held off so long before purchasing. Unfortunately my worst fears came true, but it's really my fault more than anyone's, I should have listened to my more cautious self.

As attractive as a course may be, it's probably better in the long run (and certainly cheaper) to rely on books, and whatever one might pick up from blogs, not to mention the wealth of info and practical knowledge available right here on AT. Caveat emptor! :)

Lee

But those courses were so inexpensive right? Anyway, I am just wondering if you've ever heard anything back about the classes ending? Anything at all??
Meanwhile I stumbled upon THIS: Brigham Young University (say what??) is/was offering a course in cartomancy lol http://link.lib.byu.edu/portal/Cartomancy-Michael-A.-Stackpole/ldoMt5k3E7Q/
Well, the courses I bought from that site totalled $80, so it wouldn't have bankrupted me but I would certainly prefer not to lose that money. But I got it back so all is good. The site is still down after two months, and I never did hear anything back from them.

That would be funny if BYU was offering a cartomancy course! But that's just an entry for a novel called "Cartomancy." I haven't read it but I'm familiar with the cover image as it appears every time I google "cartomancy." :D

Nanapr

Hi

How I sign in (register) ?