Mystical Cats Tarot - The Strength VIII

Onaorkal

A black cat is lying down in a bun/loaf position, a somewhat disturbed face on (eyes quite wide open at least). There are 2 small birds resting on him and 1 cuddled against his side. They appear friendly and relaxed. I'm taking a wild guess (after some non-conclusive research) and would say they might be young blue jays. If anybody is able to make a more educated guess please do!

The scene takes place outdoors and the cat is lying on a flagstone ground. Behind him, on the left of the card, there is a bush with a branch making a loop in the shape of the infinity symbol. The symbol lies directly above the head of the cat, like in the original depiction of the Strength card. (RW)

Further back, we can see a water fountain and the silhouette of another bird perched on the edge. The fountain is in the middle of a grassy area with a shrub fence on the right.

In the background there is a mountain and the sky appears bright blue, yet quite full of diffuse white clouds.

Colors : Very green with a bold patch of black in the middle :p

The book points out that even though cats are masters of predation, they excel as much in the art of self-control. Which means that they "have overcome [their] baser instincts to choose the higher path."
I would like to add that it goes the other way around as well. Those small birds have the strength to go against their basic instinct of fear and it's quite remarkable too.
Both kind of situations might happen in our lifetime and each time we must find the strength from within ourself to overcome it.

Compared to other cards of the Major Arcana, this one seems to have fewer symbols.

Bun/loaf position : I don't believe there is an official 'symbolism' to it, but it woulnd't be too farfetched to associate it with passiveness, or even interiorization. With their 4 paws tucked under them, cats are not in an offensive mode for sure when lying like that. As for the interiorization, I got the idea by connecting it with the next Arcana on the list, the Hermit. The Hermit cat is also in a loaf position. What do you think?

Birds : They might or might not be blue jays, but it would be a very suitable choice for this card anyway. Blue jays are known for being fearless and curious, intelligent and assertive. They symbolize the purity of the soul and clarity of thought.

Infinity symbol : Quite frequently found in the representations of the Strength card (also in the Magician card and a few others). Symbolizes the continuous flow of energy that helps in giving the mental power and courage needed to overcome hardships and struggles.

Water fountain : Another symbol for the continuous flow of energy.

White clouds : Symbolizes clear thoughts.

As I said, a few symbols, but quite repetitive and fitting together. To summarize, this Strength card is about getting energy flowing within ourself, keeping our thoughts clear and making the right decisions that will bring us to this higher path we seek.