Looking for file hosting

variantventures

I've taken the black and white images of a 19th Century Italian tarot deck and cleaned them up a little. These images are in the public domain and I'd like to make them available to everyone. I'm looking for a good, free file-hosting solution so I can make them available. Suggestions?

The un-prepped images can be seen here: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/42950/42950-h/42950-h.htm

The original cards are colored and are in the holdings of the Pitt-Rivers Museum at Oxford.

reall

I suggest google?;))) (drive or album :))
btw why there is no pdf file?:)))

danieljuk

you could make a public photo folder on google like reall suggesed or dropbox. on google you can make a picassaweb public gallery with descriptions. I have seen whole decks hosted that way. I have also seen decks on flickr and pinterest

you could use image hosters like photobucket, tinypic and postimage.org you upload the images and can link them wherever you want! I use postimage on this forum quite a lot! You can make "albums" but probably it's better with the names in the top paragraph for albums and sets.

gregory

I suggest google?;))) (drive or album :))
btw why there is no pdf file?:)))
gutenberg doesn't do pdfs. And the files shown so far are theirs.

variantventures

PDF files are of limited utility. These are black and white line drawings. The original cards in the Pitt-Rivers Museum are colored. I've cleaned the Gutenberg-provided images up a little and put them into .PNG format. The intent is to provide people with a tool for making their own deck. I expect, and hope, that people will color these images and, in other ways, customize it.