Oracle De-enabling

BodhiSeed

autumnsdaughter said:
I need help- I'm really wanting the Celtic Book of the Dead. IT is not easy to find, and costs more than I want to pay, but I want it so bad! Someone help me!

Also, I'm still wanting the Druid Plant Oracle... anyone willing to take that one on?
I had the Celtic Book of the Dead, and begged someone to take it for free.:D
You know how when you see scans online, and then when you get the deck you exclaim, "Wow! These are even more beautiful in person!" Well NOT with these; instead you'll say, "Hey, I think they sent the wrong deck. These don't look anything like what I thought I saw."

Hmmm... Sorry, but I can't help with the Druid Plant Oracle.:)

lark

Way of the Horse~ It's so psychological story oriented...so sticky sweet.
Hey I like horses too, but they are not the end all and be all of life on this planet as we know it.
By the time I finished reading through the book it felt like I had had a lobotomy with a horse hoof...now do you really want to feel liike that??hummm?

Jewel

souljourney said:
Ok.. so I want the Enchanted Oracle and Amy Brown Oracle... They are so pretty and some are kinda dark which I like. I don't like all the light cute fairies like in Doreen Virtue or the Mystci Fairy Tarot.
Oh good God! Just get some Jessica Glabreth and Amy Brown greeting cards for goodness sake! You want faeries, go get the Faeries Oracle by Brian Froud! Both the Enchanted and Amy Brown Wisdom whatever it is called are just a nice collection of their art. If you want a variety of their art then go buy their coffee table art books, but considering the way you use decks, neither of these will mean much to you once you have looked through the cards. If you really want to see either of these decks, let me know and I will mail them to Faunabay so you can borrow them and determine if you really want them or not. My gut tells me you will not care a rats patooty for either one as an oracle deck. You know me, I am the resident faerie enabler around here, so if I am telling you they are not your cup of tea you should listen to me. I am always right you know? ~giggles~

As for the The Way of the Horse ... I REALLY cannot help you there ... if you want to talk to me about his deck we will have to pull up the regular thread on this deck :D

Cat*

Just a note for future reference: There's been some spectacular de-enabling of the Froud's Faeries Oracle over in the tarot de-enabling thread (between posts #1042 and 1056). Do yourselves a favor and go check it out if you think you might want to buy that deck!

---

And since I've re-discovered this thread, please tell me what's bad about the Oracle of the Radiant Sun and/or the Moon Oracle!
(Please also tell me which one of the two I'd regret buying the least if I insisted on getting one of them...)

Debra

Cat*, I've had them both and now they are gone.

Carolyn Smith has a distinctive and appealing artistic style but the cards are ... well, I'd say meaningless. The Radiant Sun at first caught me. I would pull a card every night, read the word on it, look at the pretty picture, and go "Woo, that really does describe my situation!" After a while, I realized: so what. I know how to describe my situation. Organization, egotism--you name it, I've got some of it.

But as with the Moon Oracle, it's all about astrology, and complicated astrology. Since I personally find astrology to be a bunch of hooey (*ducks*) and have never once found it helpful in tarot (*ducks lower*) and since these two decks both absolutely positively rely on one's buying the whole astrological approach, if you don't, as I don't, they're just a buncha pretty pictures.

In short, visually, no depth.

Cat*

Debra said:
But as with the Moon Oracle, it's all about astrology, and complicated astrology. [...] since these two decks both absolutely positively rely on one's buying the whole astrological approach, if you don't, as I don't, they're just a buncha pretty pictures.
Hmmm... I suspected that. I don't know much about astrology so far, I'm still undecided how much of it I'd like to learn eventually, and I'm also still undecided on it's helpfulness in tarot. So these two decks (and the Elemental Tarot) really sound like something for "maybe later" (because I do like the pretty pictures). Good to know. Thank you!

Anything else that might make me want to cross them off my wishlist?

.traveller.

Can't help with the Moon Oracle, sorry. Absolutely mad about mine.

BUT...

The thing that turned me off about the Oracle of the Radiant Sun is it IS all about keywords and the art varies so much from card to card. If you are going to just work with words then just open a book and pick out a word as the reading. I'm sure you have lots of books (probably in several languages too) which go way beyond the scope of this deck for reading-worthy verbiage.

BodhiSeed

The books that come with the Moon and Radiant Sun are NOT helpful, unless, as Debra said, you're into "complicated astrology."

Jewel

Cat* said:
Just a note for future reference: There's been some spectacular de-enabling of the Froud's Faeries Oracle over in the tarot de-enabling thread (between posts #1042 and 1056). Do yourselves a favor and go check it out if you think you might want to buy that deck!
~giggles madly after reading those posts ... wipping tears from eyes~ you know what is funny, is that it is all true *LOL* ... well other than the Froud Faeries being a fad that has passed that is. Other problems you can enounter by letting them into your home include: loss and misplacement of items, people calling you crazy (i.e. some call the faeries oracle study group "The Looney Bin" - mind you we don't care, we know what we are about ;)), hearing voices in your head, etc. They actually do play nice with other decks but if you ignore them they do tend to pout and pull pranks. They can also have a negative influence on your pocket book when they deem they must have something. Personally I adore them, but for some the things I (and many others) really like about them can seriously be considered warning signals *LOL*. Suffice it to say, they are a life altering experience ...

WinterRose

Someone help me.... Bodhran's got me wanting the Path of the Soul deck. (*shakes fist at Bodhran*) I'm also very tempted by the Goddess Oracle deck.... and I can't afford another deck - I need de-enabling, please!