Beginning With Oracles!

Esk

Oh, it's good to see there are 'bad' cards that can also balance the deck, but I see what you mean about it being insightful advice, and more of an inner workings, rather than very complex like the tarot. It did seem quite encouraging, but I would not mind if it is balanced like this, I am happy to try it out! I will get this oracle as well. Do you have any advice for someone learning oracle decks for the first time?

I'll contact you for a reading soon!

I've forgotten to tell that there is also reversed meanings that are usually more negative. But every message, even reversed, bring something hopeful and try to cheer you up.
I'm sure you will like it! It's not as complex as a tarot deck but it gives useful advices :)

I don't have many advices because I'm not an experiencced reader. I've just begun learning this oracle and it's the only one i have.
I started like i did with tarot cards, with one card every morning. Generally i've noticed it doesn't give you a kind of overview of the day but it tells you an advice of how dealing with the general energies of the day or about a situation you will face. Now i ask question about specific situations from time to time, but always with one or two cards, no more. I find it easier with not much cards. And I keep a record of every readings. hope it could help. Have fun with your oracles!

Gwynydd

I don't have Isis, but I do have Wisdom of the Oracle and I love it! I've only been playing around with oracles (and tarot) for around a year or less, and this oracle is one of my favourites. It's beautiful, astoundingly accurate and I love that it has some pretty strong 'no!' cards :D It's also extremely easy to read, and to learn on.

Shushu

Haha, I totally understand the handwriting struggle! I like to "journal" my readings digitally. I photograph them and use a photo-editing app to add text for each card. My folder of those images is my journal of sorts.

As for advice about the Isis Oracle specifically? Be patient when starting out with it. There's a lot of background symbolism that went over my head when I first got the deck. Take your time to ponder the cards and really study them. [emoji326]

I didn't think digitally would be as traditional but it is definitely more effective since I think it might be able to keep up with my quick thoughts. Thank you for the tips, though I think may have an easier time with the symbolism, since I majored in Ancient studies, especially Egyptian! (Lucky this time!)

I've forgotten to tell that there is also reversed meanings that are usually more negative. But every message, even reversed, bring something hopeful and try to cheer you up.
I'm sure you will like it! It's not as complex as a tarot deck but it gives useful advices :)

I don't have many advices because I'm not an experiencced reader. I've just begun learning this oracle and it's the only one i have.
I started like i did with tarot cards, with one card every morning. Generally i've noticed it doesn't give you a kind of overview of the day but it tells you an advice of how dealing with the general energies of the day or about a situation you will face. Now i ask question about specific situations from time to time, but always with one or two cards, no more. I find it easier with not much cards. And I keep a record of every readings. hope it could help. Have fun with your oracles!

Oh, I didn't think about that either, when it comes to reversed. I will keep the one or two cards in mind but thank you for the advice, I have never dealt with an oracle deck either so it will be all new to me..

I don't have Isis, but I do have Wisdom of the Oracle and I love it! I've only been playing around with oracles (and tarot) for around a year or less, and this oracle is one of my favourites. It's beautiful, astoundingly accurate and I love that it has some pretty strong 'no!' cards :D It's also extremely easy to read, and to learn on.

I'm glad that this deck seems to be a favourite~ I was really drawn to the art, and if it has 'No!' cards then I think it is quite balanced! Perfect for a beginner like me when it comes to Oracles, thank you!

Gwynydd

I find that the blatant 'no' cards really make the positive messages more authentic

Shushu

I find that the blatant 'no' cards really make the positive messages more authentic

I think you are quite right; if it is more authentic and balanced that way, I think I would love it!