Green Witch Tarot

gregory

It's a genuine listing :bugeyed:

Scarlet Woodland

Nine of them no less!

VanillaLatte

Rekindling tarot love and think I'm getting this deck! Not sure if it will replace my favourite druidcraft though. Shall see ;)

Green Faerie

16 of the majors have been renamed.

Standing Stone as the wheel grinds small, what we do today matters naught. The stone only recognizes the larger picture. Or something like that..

Haven't looked at book yet, just picking brains.

(and I've always loved Llewellyn cardstock and never had a problem with it.)

I actually just looked at the entry in the book for the standing stone, and I love her thoughts on the way that this standing stone and green space also stands for community justice and group decision-making, as well as an individual judging another individual. Justice can also mean lots of research, thought, and weighty decision-making before fairness is reached - you must "do justice" to something before justice in the legal sense is achieved. All of this seems to reinforce both the idea of "An It Harm None" and Karma itself - what you put into the community, and/or into your individual relationships, you will get out of it, or them. I hadn't seen the community aspect of this card talked about anywhere, so I thought that was really interesting.

lightpers

Tarot for the Green Witch has tons of information that's different from the book that comes with the deck, although the book with the deck is very comprehensive in its own right. I don't know if Ann was planning to create a deck when she wrote the first book or not. My book says it's a second printing and it's dated 2003 and that's also the date of the first edition.

This first book gives tons of information about the meaning of pairings of cards, multiples in a spread and what they might mean and more. The meanings of each individual card contains more thorough information than in the book that came with the deck, so you don't have to worry that you're just buying a repetitive book if you want the second one.

I've been using the deck a LOT since I got it. I also got the Legrande Circus & Sdeshow Tarot a week or so ago and I've appreciated it as a refreshing new deck but I just keep going back to the Green Witch.

Thank you Griz, you have successfully enabled me! I am going to get this deck, the artworks are marvelous!!

Grizabella

bolded to avoid confusion I hope... Griz, what decks are used in the 2003 book? Thanks

found my answer here in Book Reviews
Nigel Jackson, Llewellyn Publications),
the Sacred Circle Tarot (Anna Franklin and Paul Mason, Llewellyn Publications),
the Robin Wood Tarot (Robin Wood and Michael Short, Llewellyn Publications),
the Witches Tarot (Ellen Cannon Reed and Martin Cannon, Llewellyn Publications)
and the Buckland Romani Tarot (Raymond Buckland, Llewellyn Publications).

Sorry, AJ. I missed this somehow. I have a bad habit of not sticking with threads I've posted in before.

This deck is awesome. I really love it and the art work is beautiful. I loved the Druidcraft except for the size. The Green Witch is just perfect size and card stock to suit me to a T. I use it a lot.

The 2003 book has more information on Tarot pairings and such so it's a good one to have in addition to the book that comes with the set. I'd never be able to memorize all the extra information, but sometimes I do go check the first book in between readings if I want to seek out some added information on the pairing of cards, etc. or the multiples of cards. I bought my copy of the first book used but that price on the Amazon re-seller is ridiculous. I think the book is still in print, for heaven's sake. Nobody is going to buy one for that stupid price. I wonder why Amazon lets people hike the prices like that.

Green Faerie

This deck is awesome. I really love it and the art work is beautiful. I loved the Druidcraft except for the size. The Green Witch is just perfect size and card stock to suit me to a T. I use it a lot.

The 2003 book has more information on Tarot pairings and such so it's a good one to have in addition to the book that comes with the set. I'd never be able to memorize all the extra information, but sometimes I do go check the first book in between readings if I want to seek out some added information on the pairing of cards, etc. or the multiples of cards.

I, too, am really loving this deck - I love the artwork and the book is very informative, although not so detailed as I sometimes wish it was. Hearing your perspective on Tarot for the Green Witch is very helpful also, as it sounds like there might be some of the additional information I would like in there. Particularly in her interpretations of the majors, I wish she had given us some more history and background on how she interprets the cards. There are tons of keywords and helpful things in the deck book, but I felt like the majors were given a little bit of short shrift, so maybe the other book would help with that.

Did you have trouble with your cards being a little warped? I have a hard time fanning them because they aren't entirely flat - the corners curl up and so they don't want to spread nicely. I kept them under a couple of heavy books for a while, but it only helped some.