Raven's prophecy missing cards

Michellehihi

Does anyone have this experience? I bought a Raven's prophecy deck last month, received it, there were 3 cards missing. Bookdepository were very professional in sending me another deck right away.
Received the 2nd deck today: 4 cards missing! Not the same ones! So yes I am able to make a full deck but.....the publisher should be more careful. I know of someone else who was missing the same cards as me.

Scarlet Woodland

Does anyone have this experience? I bought a Raven's prophecy deck last month, received it, there were 3 cards missing. Bookdepository were very professional in sending me another deck right away.
Received the 2nd deck today: 4 cards missing! Not the same ones! So yes I am able to make a full deck but.....the publisher should be more careful. I know of someone else who was missing the same cards as me.

Yep, I was missing the last 6 cards of the wand suit.. Had Llewellyn send me the replacements, which I have to say they did remarkably quickly considering the geography. Still a huge pain in the bum though.

Reminds me... I have a second copy I haven't checked yet. Must do that this week.

Michellehihi

I had the same cards missing, and another person I know also!!!
Is it bad manufacturing, or is it a spell?

MiloPerHour

Missing Cards

I had the same problem. I ended up actually contacting Maggie Stiefvater (The artist/author of the cards, if you didn't know) who kindly informed me that some of the decks printed early on were missing several cards. So no, it's not just you.

The publisher will replace them without question if the shop you order them from gives you any trouble.

Just going to leave that there for anyone in the future who searches for this!

earthair

Aaaaah so that explains why the last 6 cards in the Wands seemed to be made from a slightly different batch of less bendy card than the rest! :livelong:

My copy was like this too - https://benebellwen.com/2015/11/22/review-of-the-ravens-prophecy-tarot/ And like her the 9 Wands jumped out for me too- but I suspect this is because it's the first of the straight batch and it gets stuck on the bendier cards during shuffling.