Justice League Tarot Deck

FlashFighter

I just put my preorder in for this beautiful deck based off of the DC Comics Universe!
It's a collectible deck, but it's a full, complete readable deck, with Majors and Minors, and it's perfect for superhero fans. It features art exclusive to this set, instead of copies of existing comic book art, and it includes fan favorite heroes and villains, Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Catwoman, The Joker, Wonder Woman, the Penguin, etc. And it comes with a little bag to keep your cards in.

Check out this unboxing video below

http://www.comicvine.com/videos/unboxing-justice-league-tarot-cards/2300-3060/

daphne

The deck looks like LoS cartoon art. But the video is hilarious!
One of the most original unboxing videos!

"I dont even know if you are supposed to carry all of them at once"
Such a lovely comment!

skyfiery

Thanks for sharing the video, FlashFighter! I don't see a link to buy a deck, though. Do you know where I can pre-order it as well?

Edit: Googled and found the pre-order through Amazon and placed my order. Am excited to see how it compares with the Vertigo Tarot, but wish that they'd have an estimated ship date.

FlashFighter

Yeah, I got mine from Amazon. It was supposed to have been released last week, but it seems to have gotten pushed back a little.

Here is another video of someone doing an actual reading with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjvAP_3ZQas

Zephyros

The comic art doesn't bother me as much as it isn't the right comic art; I would have wanted something like the cartoon. But still, really cool idea, I'm a big fan of the JLA. Some interesting choices, too. I don't know if Batman is best for Justice, I would have put Dr. Fate there. Harley Quinn as the Fool is great. Black Adam as the Moon is interesting.

It seems someone who really is into Tarot at least helped in making this deck. I wonder if the artist both conceived and executed it. Has she any other decks?

Aeric

I love the choice of Harley as the Fool. One might at first pick The Joker, but I think of Obi-Wan Kenobi "Who is more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows the fool?"

And Superman and Lois as The World is a great choice, better than the obvious Lovers.

I'm not big on the art style. The sharp, jagged edges reminds me of the simpler style of late 90s American cartoons.

schizandra

I really like the art on these. Not exactly comic book style, but I think it works well.

It was funny to see someone who doesn't know anything about Tarot do a review on one. :) It's nice to see the scope of Tarot growing continually wider, so I don't mean "funny" in a mean way. We aren't his audience; comic book enthusiasts are, and they're not going to care that he bumbled through the Tarot part of it. But on our part we can see, for example, that they cards fell the way they did for his ("googled") Celtic Cross bc he didn't shuffle well. :p Still it was refreshing to see a non-Tarotist venture into our world. Usually when a non-Tarotist films themselves experiencing Tarot for the first time, it's to point out how it "doesn't work," or how the readers are scammers and to call them on the "tricks" they have up their sleeves. They get their "gotcha" and leave feeling smug about themselves, still having no idea what Tarot is about. Glad to see that this guy did his reading with his spiffy new superheroes Tarot without that chip on his shoulder!

daphne

I really like the art on these. Not exactly comic book style, but I think it works well.

It was funny to see someone who doesn't know anything about Tarot do a review on one. :) It's nice to see the scope of Tarot growing continually wider, so I don't mean "funny" in a mean way. We aren't his audience; comic book enthusiasts are, and they're not going to care that he bumbled through the Tarot part of it. But on our part we can see, for example, that they cards fell the way they did for his ("googled") Celtic Cross bc he didn't shuffle well. :p Still it was refreshing to see a non-Tarotist venture into our world. Usually when a non-Tarotist films themselves experiencing Tarot for the first time, it's to point out how it "doesn't work," or how the readers are scammers and to call them on the "tricks" they have up their sleeves. They get their "gotcha" and leave feeling smug about themselves, still having no idea what Tarot is about. Glad to see that this guy did his reading with his spiffy new superheroes Tarot without that chip on his shoulder!

Exactly.
I really liked that video!
Actually I found it amazing. Such a sweet innocence combined with such a candid openness. Very rare thing to see...

JulieK

I love this deck. But WOW are they expensive in the UK about between £70-80 a go.

Is the deck out yet?

Once it is released I think I will try and source one from ebay from a seller who will post internationally. Paying postage and customs is still cheaper then getting the deck from a UK seller.

Julie

rwcarter

Is the shipping from Amazon really $12.99? That seems extraordinarily high to ship a deck within the US.... Was thinking about getting 2 extra for comics fans I know, but not at $50 each.