Justice League Tarot Deck

gregory

Hot damn sold out everywhere (as far as I can see) except you can get it from a seller on amazon for - wait for it - £109.76 or a mere £53 - and "only three left in stock..." (I bet they will be there for a while !). I've emailed Forbidden Planet - thanks for the heads up there ! It's o/s there too, but still...

reall

It's because it's hi collectable item!:) there is big fanbase! :) that will stay legend!^^lolz:))

bonebeach

WHEN is this going to ship?! Ugh, amazon. Get it together. I preordered this so long ago that I keep on forgetting it exists.

Batman as Justice is perfect. Joker as the Tower is super valid, though I think that's only one facet of what makes him interesting. WHY Aquaman isn't the King of Cups is beyond me, but I like him as the Emperor.

I'm gonna be honest, though. I put this in my cart sight unseen when I read that Constantine was The Magician. I think he's a far better Magician than Fool, if you consider all the potential unsavory interpretations of the Magician. John gets in over his head and does dumb stuff to save pretty ladies all the time, but mostly he's a brilliant con man and a bit of a bastard. A lot of the bad stuff he does is on purpose, and a fair amount of it *works*. I'm excited. I want this deck in my grubby grabby nerd hands already! I have a huge Batman decal on the wall behind me and a shelf full of Hellblazer trade paperbacks. I'm pretty sure I'm the demographic this thing is for...

FlashFighter

WHEN is this going to ship?! Ugh, amazon. Get it together. I preordered this so long ago that I keep on forgetting it exists.

Batman as Justice is perfect. Joker as the Tower is super valid, though I think that's only one facet of what makes him interesting. WHY Aquaman isn't the King of Cups is beyond me, but I like him as the Emperor.

I'm gonna be honest, though. I put this in my cart sight unseen when I read that Constantine was The Magician. I think he's a far better Magician than Fool, if you consider all the potential unsavory interpretations of the Magician. John gets in over his head and does dumb stuff to save pretty ladies all the time, but mostly he's a brilliant con man and a bit of a bastard. A lot of the bad stuff he does is on purpose, and a fair amount of it *works*. I'm excited. I want this deck in my grubby grabby nerd hands already! I have a huge Batman decal on the wall behind me and a shelf full of Hellblazer trade paperbacks. I'm pretty I'm the demographic this thing is for...

Amazon or DC botched the preorders. The preorder page is still up and says unreleased, but there's another listing that has it available. I had to call Amazon to get them to fix it.

reall

:)) agree for aquaman!^^ harley is perfect fool!^^ and for some other I was lolz guess we all have our ideas who should be who!^^ ;))

JoLister

Deck arrived today, not even had a chance to look at it yet, as per my previous post, it didn't come from Amazon (cancelled) it didn't come from Forbidden Planet (order status 'processing') it came from eBay, ordered yesterday!

gregory

Deck arrived today, not even had a chance to look at it yet, as per my previous post, it didn't come from Amazon (cancelled) it didn't come from Forbidden Planet (order status 'processing') it came from eBay, ordered yesterday!
Hot damn- thanks for that. "Last one" :D and cheaper than Forbidden Planet, too.

SarahJoy

Amazon or DC botched the preorders. The preorder page is still up and says unreleased, but there's another listing that has it available. I had to call Amazon to get them to fix it.

They screwed up my preorder, too, and Amazon's showing "out of stock". I ordered on Ebay instead. A few dollars more, and no 2-day shipping, but better safe than sorry.

FlashFighter

Would anyone else care to join me in trying to start a study group for this deck? Since it came with no LWB, I'd love to discuss the card meanings and choices made for this.

gregory

:bugeyed:

Arrived already !

I know NOTHING about these superheroes, but I really like the deck ! I do kind of wish there was an LWB, for those of us who aren't TOTALLY au fait... :D but the images hold up rather well, I think - which says something for the actual deck !