Mystical lenormand..Amazon..typing error?

Phoenix Rising

I've just looked on the Amazon site for the Mystical lenormand and it's selling for $428 is this a typing error or what? I bought mine for $9US a few months ago.

Amazon

Erzebet

Wow! I'm doubtful it's an error, it could be though. I've been seeing that more and more on Amazon when a deck isn't available from Amazon itself.

Le Fanu

I´ve just seen in Tarot Garden that it´s out of stock and that they are "exploring reorder possibilities", a phrase which suggests to me that it isn´t as as easy as just "reordering"...

But I could be wrong.

I found a copy in an old 2nd hand bookshop in Barcelona a couple of weeks ago. I din´t think Id like it from scans but it´s a lovely deck..

Phoenix Rising

If they're selling for that much, I wonder if they're going to be printing anymore? That has to be a typing error for sure, I hope it is, because I was thinking of getting another as a back up.

Phoenix

Gavriela

There's already a second edition out with the card meanings on the cards in German, and the first edition is not out of print, it's quite easily available cheaply, but there's a borderless one too, or will be soon.

I've also seen it advertised for hundreds on used book sites. I've more than once seen decks still in print advertised as going for hundreds or even thousands.

Greed? All I can think. Sort of like those 'rare' Hanson Roberts decks that go for hundreds on ebay.

GryffinSong

That's through an Amazon partner, or whatever they call themselves. I don't know how, or even whether, they "vet" the stores that sell through them. When I bought my Margarete Peterson deck, Amazon didn't have it. There were two copies available through Amazon partners. One was $30, which I bought. The other was $50 or more, if I recall correctly. I doubt Amazon has any direct relationship with the store ... it's probably more like ebay or something. That Lenormand listing would really bug me, even if the deck was worth that. It has a "canned" listing description, and doesn't even describe in detail the card condition.

Essjay

Gavriela said:
There's already a second edition out with the card meanings on the cards in German, and the first edition is not out of print, it's quite easily available cheaply, but there's a borderless one too, or will be soon.

I've also seen it advertised for hundreds on used book sites. I've more than once seen decks still in print advertised as going for hundreds or even thousands.

Greed? All I can think. Sort of like those 'rare' Hanson Roberts decks that go for hundreds on ebay.

It's total madness isn't it! You can easily get the Mystical for £5.00 on ebay but it's on Amazon for £64.00!

GeorgiePorgie

I emailed the seller, they said
Thank you for your email. Our books are mostly used books, out of print books, and difficult to find books. We price our books based on their availability and desirability on Amazon. The book is not readily available and was priced accordingly.

Le Fanu

Its going for 65 pounds on amazon uk. Still more than it´s worth. I paid 7 euros for mine a couple of weeks ago.

I quite like those borderless, numberless cards of the new edition...

I find that I like the Mystical Lenormand more and more...