Another one taking the Lenormand leap!

firefrost

No problem, carly - pm me if you decide to give it a go.

You do get plenty of time to complete your exchange though, so don't think you'd have to rush. :)

thorhammer

I've just scored a well-used Lenormand deck from eBay. I've never used this type of oracle and I'm not a little apprehensive :D but just this morning Gavriela sent me a whole bunch of really cool info on it. I've printed it out and will bind it at work one morning next week, when I've got the office to myself and can safely filch stationary :laugh: I'm hoping that I get the deck before the holidays and I can focus on learning some of the basic precepts surrounding its use.

I must keep an eye out for this book, too, the Sylvie one. No doubt I can only get it through Amazon, which will cost me three times as much in postage as the book price, and then the exchange rate will kick me in the butt too. :rolleyes: That one might have to wait . . .

\m/ Kat

Gavriela

Oh you're lucky! I have a couple of Lenormands that are over 100 years old - one found on ebay for €10, the other a gift.

They're lovely - and occasionally you do find an oracle gem on ebay for not much money. I think you'll be very happy with your new toy - really - there's something wonderfully informal and charming about the Lenormand compared to tarot.

thorhammer

That's a good point about the informality, Gavriela. They seem to have totally different "tones" - like going to a huge temple with all the trappings and incense burning and monks chanting in the background to learn all the deep (and confusing) secrets to Life, the Universe and Everything . . . or having a chat in the kitchen with your neighbour's rather strange grandma as she's baking the choc-chip cookies (I'm thinking of the Matrix Oracle here :D - nerd alert!).

I'm really hoping that this one coming to me is well-worn in - I like new decks too, but this one I wanna really bash to death!

Let me know if you can't see this:

My new toy

\m/ Kat

PS. I'd like to know "which one" it is, if anyone has words of wisdom on that subject :D

thorhammer

Ooh, thanks mate :)

I was kinda hoping when I saw that you posted that it was you that sold it to me . . . :) that would be so cool!

\m/ Kat

Crescent

mysticmoon said:
I've recently caught the Lenormand fever and am now a proud owner of the little Piatnik Lenormand Oracle. I've also sent off for Sylvie's book "The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle".

Although I've been reading Tarot for some years, cartomancy and predictive oracles are new to me. Lately I've been drawn more and more to cartomancy, but didn't want to leave behind the imagery of the tarot cards. So I came across Lenormand and its cousins and voila! :) It looks like a mix of both.

I think it'll take some time to adjust to the tiny size and small number of these cards when I'm used to dealing 78 and much larger cards of Tarot. But I'm very excited and I hope you guys can give me some tips and share some of your experiences working with the Lenormand oracle.

Thanks for reading my rambling! :heart:
MM

PS: I also got the Piatnik Gipsy Fortune Telling cards (dunno why) and the Art Deco cards (reminds me of comic book style imagery from my childhood)

I too have made the move to the other side... And am now the proud owner of the Piatnk Lenormand, with the Mystical Lenormand and Sylvie's book on their way here..
I really like these little cards and they seem to cover all aspects of Life.
I hope to work more with them soon.

GeorgiePorgie

thorhammer said:
Ooh, thanks mate :)

I was kinda hoping when I saw that you posted that it was you that sold it to me . . . :) that would be so cool!

\m/ Kat
Nah, I just buy, buy, BUY on ebay not sell anything... :D But I have that one in my own collection an I think it is charming and pretty.

firefrost

Don't forget, folks - you only have to pm me to be added to the monthly reading circle... ;)

Phoenix Rising

Book and Deck

by the way, if anyone is wanting Sylvie's book and blue owl lenormand decks, I have quite a few copies. The postage from New Zealand is much cheaper, and fast delivery. And because our exchange rate is low compared to most other places US, Australia, UK, Canada then it might work out cheaper for you.

Just pm me if you're interested, I have paypal.

Phoenix