Tarot of the Lesser Key

Clockwork Ghost

Hello there,

I've been into magick for rather a long time, 27 years if you would like to know, and I've done a fair bit with different systems. One of these systems of magick is the Lesser Key of Solomon. So, I had a look online and while there are a few decks which draw of this paradigm there are none which use the Goetic seals as images. This has given me an idea - if Bluefluke can design a tarot deck using Deviant Art, why can't I? All I need is some sort of photoshop template for the card structure, the Goetic seal (all of which are public domain images), a bit of know how as to the paradigm (which I have) and hey presto! a real Goetic Tarot deck!

What do you guys reckon? Do you think it'd fly?

Alta

Matching the seals to tarot cards might be interesting. Be open to making it an oracle deck if it proves too challenging to do the match-ups. There have been decks based on the Goetia, not sure about based on the Lesser Key, I don't recall any.

Samweiss

Only deck I can think of that uses images of Goetic seals is "Tarot of Ceremonial Magick" by Lon Milo DuQuette. That deck has assigned two Goetic spirit for each card of minor arcana, which I think is the most common way to link Goetia to tarot. I agree with Alta that Oracle deck might be easier way to go about this, but if you have a system figured out, then by all means go for it!

Then there's "The Daemon Tarot", which is really an oracle deck. Except, that doesn't use the pictures of the seals but the spirits themselves.

Clockwork Ghost

Awesome, thanks guys - this is a really big help. I've sort of changed my mind and am going to make some Magic: The Gathering cards out of the Ars Goetia and submit them to Wizards of the Coast. Going to be working with an artist friend of mine to put together another tarot deck though, will post more about it when it's in the design stages. Thanks for all the support, this forum is absolutely fantastic :)