Study Group Post 3- Mercury through the houses

dadsnook2000

Mercury in the 5th house

My Mercury, conjunct Venus, is in the 5th house. As I look back on my life, it seems that I have always been involved in teaching children and young adults through school, after-school programs, through organizations such as the Boy Scouts, or by being involved with children, grand-children and now great-grand-children. On the other hand, I've been job-wise always engaged in some form of communication --- a technical writer, a marketing writer, an artist, a draftsman and designer of electrical circuitry and printed circuit boards, a salesman, a lecturer, etc. Dave

olivia1

214red said:
being in the 8th house, do you find that your interesting in other peoples money or inheritence?

I used to wonder how much people made to be able to spend the way they do and the secret to how people accumulated wealth. However, once I started reading books on how to accumulate wealth, I stopped taking such an interest.

I do notice that people seem to like to confide in me that they are secretly wealthy (without me even asking). I used to think it was because I gave off an unassuming, "I -could- care- less- about -how -your- net worth" vibe. Now I wonder if its because subconsciously I come across as interested?

214red said:
Do you think your interest in tarot might come from wanting to understand peoples behaviour?
Yes, definitely. It's not enough for me to wonder what someone is going to do...I like to also know why they do what they do. I feel that tarot (for the most part) helps me to answer that..

214red

very interesting Olivia1!

Dave- can see how your mercury manifests itself, sometimes its clear to see with hindsight, i wonder why schools dont use it for careers advice!

214red

Quiz-How does you Mercury manifest

I found this in a book, and I thought it would be a good exercise to see how our Mercury manifests, and then we can work our if its planet or house related.

Mercury questions

What adjectives describe my communication style

What are my faverourite words

What parts of the body do I speak with (eyes, hands, arms, body, hair etc)

When I walk into a party full of people I don’t know, what do I do?

Do I enjoy writing?

Whats my writing style (essays, articles etc )

Adjectives to describe my writing style

What do I need to work on with regards my writing

Nik

puppydung

I have Libran Mercury in 6th House.

I do love to talk (Trust me, my record is that I talked one day long without stopping from morning until another morning - urghhhh). However, if I don't know the person, I don't approach to them, I'm kinda shy to be sociable (A Virgo's trait, I think).

I always analyze, even it's something small like what I should drink, what I should do, what I should read in the morning. I love to calculate any move to make sure that I don't create any misbehavior in front of public eyes (Well, I can't blame the 9th house Capricorn Saturn :(). I have the eyes for the details, but not really too focused like those Virgo-Mercury. If I don't see the importance of those things, I will let them away from my head, rather than try to make it perfect.

I'm quite a perfectionist because I don't want to upset my balance. If I think the contents of my report is not balance, I will try to spot any tiny details to re-make my report until it's fit my expectations.

Honestly, my writing is not really good (although I have 3rd house Cancer-Jupiter) and I usually write in a very very long sentences T__T. My writing could be much better when I write in my own language (of course hehe)

Zezina

Mercury in my First House

[Quote 214red's opening post in this thread: Mercury in the first house suggests you have an inquiring, intellectual outlook on life, and you reflect this strongly in your personality. You're very talkative and have little problem communicating your thoughts effectively. You enjoy making connections, and trying to learn a little about many different subjects. You adapt quickly to changing situations, and the personality is very witty and quick. You are mentally restless, always seeking new and useful information. Your speech and writings are expressive of your distinctively personal opinions: end Quote]

I'm not as witty and quick as when I was young, but apart from that, the above is a rather perfect description of me.

I have Mercury conjunct Mars in Cancer the First House.

The Mars conjunct often makes me quite assertive about it all, but the repeated Cancer influence means I'm sensitive, a bit super-sensitive at times. And emotional, not much about myself but about others.

:heart: *Z*

Professor X

My Mercury is cojunct with Pluto. This gives me tremendous spiritual and physical energy. It is actually hard for me to sit still. I just HAVE to be doing something. I am actually training myself to relax and sit still. Meditation does
wonders for me. I have a overabundance of mental energy at my disposal.

Add the fact that I am a triple virgo and you have the recipe for why I study the occult and found out about this site. I am super critical of everything and
I just HAVE to keep my eyes on everything in my environment. I just cant not know about things that are going on around me.
Pluto tends to make my Mercury very obessesive.

faerieluca

Fourth House
Mercury residing in the fourth house produces an association with this house of domestic affairs. This position often denotes mental and educational activities in the home. Parents are likely to be well educated or place an unusually high priority upon learning. This position may relate to changeable home conditions or in some way, a nomadic life-style. Being somewhat high-strung and easily irritated, you may find it hard to relax.

That last sentence describes me to a T! I have always had a strong pull to "home" but have had trouble establishing that home. I am very high-strung and I struggle with irritation on a constant basis.

214red

faerieluca said:
That last sentence describes me to a T! I have always had a strong pull to "home" but have had trouble establishing that home. I am very high-strung and I struggle with irritation on a constant basis.
ha ha me too, i always used to get called highly strung by my family

lilangel09

Mercury in the 2nd House
I generally have ideas for making money. I tend to think practically when dealing with possessions. I've taken economic and accounting courses as part of my college minor. Accounting is interesting but tedious. I like microeconomics more than macroeconomics. Personal transactions are more interesting to me than studying how the government manages money. This is probably because I used to have interests in psychology.

I tend to communicate in a Leonine manner. (Mercury in Leo)
My vocabulary is not varied or complicated and tends to be blunt. I'm not too particular about my words and communicate with my hands often. Only this year have I taken an interest in giving my writing and communication a tune-up---inspired by bloggers, gripping storytellers, classic literature, prose, and just good entertainment.