XV Devil (In-Fey #3)

lunalafey

This thread is part of a guided study. The root thread to the excersise is HERE
Phase #1
Think of an issue you would like to look into. The question will then be given an element that applies to it.
Example- a relationship question, it will likely be a water Q, but depending on it's nature it actually might be a Fire Q....then again it could deal with Earthly things. Find the Element that you feel best represents your issue.

Next pull a single card-

In your post here you need to give the Element of your Question, details optional.
The Card you pulled, after thoughts optional.

Phase 2
Each of the cards we pulled will be given a thread-
(I will be creating them shortly)
Visit each cards thread and:

1)
a) State your element.
b) describe what of your element you see in this card.

* your element might not be obviously visible, but it's in there someplace. Look to the things that your element plays a part in.
for example: the Tower...there are clouds, which are water vapor and ....what ever more you can come up with.
In the case that there is NO element at all, let your thoughts flow about the lack of your element

2) Take 3 keywords from your description/cards image and do a word association, listing 3 more words for each one.

example, sticking with the Tower-
3 words- Clouds, Sky, Rain
CLOUDS- mist, vapor, white
SKY- heaven, blue, fresh air
WHITE- purity, void of color, blank

*NOTE:
It's best to not visit the threads until after you have done your excercises.
By reading other peoples descriptions might influence and hinder your own intuitive impressions.

and now......the Devil

lunalafey

Devouring Demon

My Element is AIR
* I used the suits to help determine my element. Because I have a few decks that place fire with swords, and I can read either kind of deck, I thought about the Element of Fire.

XV Devil-
Another card where the element is not so visible. Air energy can be seen in the fire and the trees. With Fire, it takes air to feed the flames. Fire needs air to exist, specifically oxygen. The trees also need air to exist. The trees also do an air exchange, purifying the air and putting of oxygen. The fire and the trees are connected even more. Both need each other. Just as the trees give off oxygen that feeds a fire, the fire feeds off of the trees themselves. Flames consume the trees, becoming more fuel. Fire destroys the trees, but all is not dead. The burnt remains become food for new lush growth.
Fire and trees feed of each other..... hmmm
Here is a symbiotic relationship as well as a cycle in nature, and nourishment.

TREES- silent, majestic, long-lived
OXYGEN- breath, life, element
GROWTH- spring, green, magic

Imagemaker

Ah, relief to see my fire element actually portrayed! And trees as the fuel (same as my 9 wands thoughts)--hmmmm.

The Devil is consuming trees and being consumed by fire. His eyes stare in apparent non-feeling of either the intake or the burning. He is obsessed, driven, unthinking.

Consume: eat, hunger, devour
Burn: lust, destruction, fire
Obsessed: hooked, addicted, mindless

snowy25

element water

What I see as the element water is:
- he doesn't want to confront his problems and he hides in his emotions.
- his feelings have taken over and he doesn't seem to care about anything else.

Three words and discriptions

- Fear: chaos, emphaty, blocks
- over-emotionall: lust, hunger, unhealthy passion, unrecognizable
- dried out: cunsuming, blindness, evaporates

Simone

My element is [size=+2]Water[/size].

He is full of fire, but I see water in the leaves of the trees on this card. It almost looks like he is raveneously devouring them because they are his only source of humidity.

Fire - Leaves - Devouring

FIRE: passion, burning, destruction
LEAVES: cool, moist, soft
DEVOURING: hunger, emptiness, yearning

moonspirit

The Devil
My Element-Fire

Of course I see the fiery predicament of this fey. The fire seems to be consuming it.
Mental instability-Size-Destruction

Mental instability-obliviousness-possessed nature-lost of reason
Size-overpowering-greediness-selfishness-
Destruction-pain-terror-desperation