study group application ~ sun, moon & ASC

isthmus nekoi

I forgot to mention something very important... which houses the sun and moon are. Sun is in 12th while moon is in 10th. (ASC isn't a planet so it's the cutoff angle b/w the 1st and 12th.)

Cap sun and Aqu ASC don't sound very mixable. But then again, my values and beliefs have never been conservative... practical yes, but I've always had weird, shocking ideas (they're so natural to myself, that sometimes I forget how odd they are :p). Aqu has 2 rulers, tradionally Saturn, and now Uranus. I find their placements are both very connected. Saturn in 8th (scorp), Uranus/10th/Scorp conj my MC. So my career is intertwined w/8th house issues and the moon which is also in 10th. Which of course, points us back to Capricorn.

I've read that my sun and moon don't get along b/c they're in Cap (Saturn) and Sag (Jupiter) who act as opposites... Well, those planets are conj in my chart so it's interesting.... Cap sun does temper Sag moon's ideals and such. Without Cap Sun, I think I'd be terribly impractical! 10th moon makes a very public placement though, which grates against my private 12th Sun. In situations where I don't feel comfortable, I like to hide behind my work... Sag moon also shows where my comfort zone is: school (sag/jup + 10th/sat) all the way!!

Overall, I think Moon and ASC get along well and Sun is rather left out. Sun also has harder aspects. For this reason, I don't feel comfortable expressing myself, and will resort to abstractions and analogies (air ASC) unless I feel I can trust a person, if I think they're open minded and nonjudmental enough. But I know I cannot separate myself and my art from my work, I won't be satisfied doing a job for money alone. And taking the easy way out just sucks for a driven Capricorn sun! Caps need to climb for their high ambitions to feel good.... or else, what's the point? ^_~ If there's anything that all 3 can agree on, it's being totally unsentimental. For me, love/friendship is expressed through concrete *behaviour*, not pretty words and symbolic gestures (ie gift exchange). I find those to be unreliable indicators of ppl's true feelings.
All three also merge together to make me extremely independent, highly tolerant of solitude, tirelessly searching, and having a deep desire to achieve my own goals. I'm not an indecisive person. I like to have something to work towards, even if that goal requires a lot of personal hardship.

Alright, who's next? ^_^

Pollux

I have not participated in the previous threads of the Astrology study group for lack of time, but I have checked them though. I hope I won't be too basic or just... silly in the stuff I'd say - bear with a beginner! ;)

Asc: Scorpio 19°
Sun: Gemini 15° - 7th (conj/8th)
Moon: Aries 17° - 5th

Generally, I think the above shows a rather flexible and quite integrated situation, at least in comparison with other aspects in my chart.
As you can see from the above degrees, and adding some information:
ASC - in Scorpio, it is opposed to my Mercury (ruler of my Sun+Mars in Gemini) at 21° Taurus
Sun - in conjunction with Mars (traditional ruler of Rising and ruler of Moon) at 14°, opposed to Jupietr and Uranus conjuncted at 4° and 6° respectively in Sagittarius (1st/7th house opposition)
Moon - in Aries, in sextile with Sun/Mars in Gemini, second ruler of my 8th, and in 5th, associated to Leo and the Sun.
I think we have quite a few links and correlations here. :)

First off, on a general note, I think an Aries Moon and a Gemini Sun (and mine are also in sextile) do blend quite well. I can *really* identify with both of them, a funny dynamic surface made of air but a hard, strong core firey with passion and impulses. Gemini and mind are associated, so the intuitive, impulsive nature of an Aries Moon tinge the restlessness with energy and passion. Also, whilst I am really comfortable when working with groups and being the entertainer (Gemini SUn in 7th), at times I feel I MUST take charge and be a leader and often self-imposed one, especially when I see people are inactive or impractical (Aries Moon in 5th); yet, I find myself more comfortable at leading and directing, deviding tasks and organising people rather than actually "making" or "creating", working things out - it remains a work of spirit or will, and mind mostly. :)
A Gemini sun might convey shallowness and lightness, but my individualistic and touchy Aries Moon makes me unbearable and over-sensitive most of times, and even more often over-reactive.
Lastly, my romantic Moon in 5th house works well with my 7th Sun, in love and relational issues: this does not mean it works out fine, but only that is runs smooth (even if towards doom *LOL*). I am well aware, though, that I tend to lean too much on and give to much importance to partners rather than myself, even though on the overall my chart is VERY individualistic - love screws me up completely, and reverses the balance.
Something else I want to add to Sun & Moon? Maybe later, can't think of anything else right now...

Sun and Rising: OUCH! *LOL* Scorpio live so much in their brains, and Gemini do like playing withtheir keen minds - the blend is simply DANGEROUS. And then consider my Sun is conjuncted to the 8th house, and my Ascendant opposing the ruler of the Sun and of its own ruler *LOL* I see it as a surge of menthal power, a circle of scorpio/mars like energy all revolving around my brain and my psychic side, intuition and so on... The opposition seems more of an empowering position, as I see my Mercury in Taurus quite week though isolated in the chart - probably a sort of hidden and silent thread-weaver. The Scorpio rising empowers, as I said, certain sides of the Gemini personality: the introspection, the contact and awareness with oneself, the self-consciousness. And it seems like yet another trait dealing with individuality and peronal strength, and a sense of leadership (my MC is rather isolated too, and in Leo - SPOOKY! *LOL*).
The interaction between Sun and 8th house associated to Scorpio might also deal with the WHY DO I FEEL SO SCORPIO and WHY DO I ASSOCIATE SO MUCH IMPORTANCE TO MY SCOPRIO RISING? issues... *LOL*
I think I should say more, but maybe later... ;) *LOL*

Pollux

Moon and Rising: NO COMMENT *LOL*
Can you imagine an Aries Moon / Scorpio Rising? I simply can't.
I think the mix is so psychotic and self-contorted it would elude most astrologers' eyes on this planet. Maybe you could help myself see through.
First off, there is a mutual interaction because of the Mars in 8th who is in sextile with one and in quinconce wth the other - Moon and Rising are in quinconce too. However, I see it as, again, another empowering situation with a lot of energy moving around and sometimes stopping in Gemini, sometimes in Aries, and othet times in Scorpio. Probably it won't move in harmonious, placid ways, but rather quickly and without much mental control, quite suddenly and overwhelmingly, but consider how much it bring with itself on its wake.
The impulsive, sensitive and intuitive Moon is well paired by the psychic, troubled and (self)destructive rising, and the leader-like features are matched by the psycho-ness of it all *LOL* I can't really say much, it's all very intuitive for me, but I do see how well they might interact, despite the single negative aspect.
There's also the last-one-standing feel that comes from it, the strength and courage of a pioneer with the materialism, disillusionment and analysis of the scientist. Lastly, whilst I am an encouraging person, spilling trust in other and always trying to stimulated self-confidence (Aris Moon), at some point I'll get sick of people without backbone and needing continuous push, I could send them to hell and demand cooperation and everyone fuflilling their own duties (Scorpio).

MH I think this all is crappy - but I hope you can appreciate it anyway. I am just too tired to make it more coherent and less obscure *LOL*

I wanted to add lastly, that the positiveness of this all comes to my head mostly because of the mutual aspects the three have. Sun and Moon are in sextile with each other, and both in quinconce to the Ascendant. The Ascendant is opposed to Mercury, who on its turn is in sexisextile to Moon and Sun as well. In the end, you have the shape of a arrow-head, poiting towards the Scorpio Rising (that alas is no real planet). Maybe this might not make astrologic sense for the lack of a planet in the head of the arrow, but I think this could be a good explanation of my very strong Scorpio-ness and why I see soo much energy is channeled towards that sign.

Hope this not 100% garbage :p

isthmus nekoi

Pollux! Hmm.... psychotic is maybe not the first word I think of looking at Aries moon and Scorp ASC but you're certainly not one of those laid back B-types, eh? ^_^ Add in Gemini, and I'd say you don't hold back when you really want to express yourself :p Where's your mars placed? Check that out b/c that planet must be very important since it rules Aries and Scorp!

I'd say you tend to approach things in a fast, energetic way, but not superficially, not in a glossing over way (like your post *lol*). Where's your Saturn, Virgo placements man? Looking at those will teach you how to temper out the... psychoness! :D

allibee

As you may all realise I know very little about astrology at this point, but am looking to learn more here.

Cancer - Sun
Pisces - Moon

That accounts for why I am maybe so sensative, and very watery,
but for my ASC I have Libra, which I know practically zilch about, and even less how it would affect this pair.

Cancer - Mercury, I'm just sooo sensative I'm afraid!
Taurus - Venus
Virgo - Mars
Aquarius - Jupiter
Capricorn - Saturn
Leo - Uranus
Scorpio - Neptune
Virgo - Pluto
I have a pdf of the astrodienst natal chart, and a word file from psyplan, but I don't really understand it yet *LOL*

allibee

isthmus nekoi

Hey that's okay, allibee! Wow, you *are* very watery ^_^ You might have a grand trine in water, check that out...

I'd say w/Cancer sun and Pisces moon you are very sensitive to other's feelings as well as being sensitive yourself. Libra is about fairness, so I think that you have a strong sense of wanting things to be fair, and present yourself as diplomatic as well as caring. Libra is also about relationships, so the mentioned qualities are easily expressed here. I'd say you're very sympathetic, nurturing and possess a strong sense of justice with these three.
Since Venus (ruler of Libra) is dignified in Taurus, I'd say you are into having things harmonious and comfortable; good food, comfy clothes, warm home. Maybe you don't like conflict and aggression and can be hurt easily or be distrubed easily by human cruelty, especially social inequalities etc (that might sound like a no brainer, but honestly, there are tons of ppl in the world who love conflict and violence!). I say this also b/c your aggressive Mars is in Virgo, a sign he finds difficult to express himself in. b/c of this, you may have difficulties expressing anger, dislikes etc w/your sun/moon/ASC signs.

Royal Cat

I'm learning so much from reading these posts... but it's obvious I still have a *lot* to learn!! Thank you Pollux for helping me understand my Scorpio/Gemini combo. a little better!

Here is what I have:
Sun Scorpio at 19 degrees 4th house
Moon Gemini at 10 degrees 11th house
Asc. Leo at 8 degrees

In my "professional" life I come across as more of a Leo, but to those who know me I'm definitely a Scorpio. :) I never knew my moon sign (or anything else for that matter) until a few months ago when I got my chart off of astro. I'm still trying to sort it all out with the help of everyone's great posts! :)

Cat

Pollux

isthmus nekoi said:
Pollux! Hmm.... psychotic is maybe not the first word I think of looking at Aries moon and Scorp ASC but you're certainly not one of those laid back B-types, eh? Add in Gemini, and I'd say you don't hold back when you really want to express yourself
*ROFLMAO* No, alas I don't... I bet more than one person on these boards knows something about it... }) *LOL*:D I just didn't mention it but my chart does make me assertive and persuasive, often by means of strength and constrictions too but some other times subtly and in a manipulative way (Aries vs Scorpio ;)). It's part of the individualistic-like rubbish... ;) *LOL*

Where's your Mars placed? Check that out b/c that planet must be very important since it rules Aries and Scorp!
*LOL* Ishtmus, you did not pay attention! *knocks on Ishtmus's head LOL* I have been raving so much about my Gemini Mars in 14° conjuncted to my Sun! *LOL* It's really energetic and dynamic, I know, in sextile with Moon and quinconce with Rising... And it is also in conjunciton to the 8th house cusp! I love my chart! :D *LOL*

isthmus nekoi said:
I'd say you tend to approach things in a fast, energetic way, but not superficially, not in a glossing over way (like your post *lol*). Where's your Saturn, Virgo placements man? Looking at those will teach you how to temper out the... psychoness! :D
True :p *LOL* ;)
My Saturn is in LIBRA - ARGH!!!! Exalted and strengthened by Pluto in conjunction and Moon in bland opposition, square Venus and sextile with Neptune (I recently discovered how beautiful my Saturn/Pluto sextile to Neptune is! :D *LOL*). LEt's say that I rarely shift to the Libra side of me, you are likely to find me on the Aries side of the axis so often...
No Virgo placements. Maybe a MErcury in 6th house, but not so sure it IS, and not so sure it means anything in the case.

allibee

isthmus nekoi said:
^_^ You might have a grand trine in water, check that out...

Thanks for your input - which is very accurate I might add - but I'm not sure what grand trine means I'm afraid, but here is what the rest says if it means anything to you, hehehe, coz it really is beyond my comprehension LOL

Sun Trine Moon
Mercury Sextile Mars
Venus Trine Saturn
Venus Square Uranus
Sun Trine Neptune
Moon Trine Neptune
Jupiter Square Neptune
Sun Sextile Pluto
Mercury Sextile Pluto
Mars Conjunct Pluto
Neptune Sextile Pluto

All I can see here is a lot of Neptune and Pluto, does that have any bearing on the fact they are the farthest flung in our galaxy...probably not.... but could account for why I am often 'in a far away place' in my mind, LOL

Edited to add:
From the chart I can see that there is a lot happening in my 11th house, which seems to be mostly in the Leo area next to Cancer (me, LOL):
Uranus 23degrees
North Node 28 degrees
Sagittarius 02 degrees
Pluto 06 degrees

Does everyones MC happen at the time they are born..... is this the starting point of the chart as it were?

allibee