New Member Long Time Faerie Reader

Rattiemama

Hello everyone I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Katie. I'm recently married, live in the San Francisco Bay Area, and I've been reading from this deck for about three or four years now. I find it to be incredibly acurate . . . painfully so at times, but in a good way.

I have allways loved the artwork of Brian Froud, and felt a special connection to faeries since my youth. I even have a faery tattoo. When I discovered this deck I knew it was meant for me. I connected with it right away and ever since it has served me very well. The deck seems to come in and out of my life at just the right times.

I recently took a mid week solo trip up to Calistoga for some reconnection. Life has thrown some tough things at my husband and I lately, and I felt I had been living my life in support of him, his family, my family, and our friends. I needed some me time. I felt I was loosing sight of who I am from spending so much time with others. The faeries were my only real companions on the trip. Those readings really helped ground me and get me back on track. I decided upon my return I would try to find others who use this deck and seek their experiences . . . so here I am.

I can't wait to get to know you all!
Blessings!
Katie

inanna_tarot

Welcome to the mad house :D
I cant wait to hear what sort of conversations you have with the fey. The Oracle is such a very special deck. I often shuffle it and watch labyrinth to connect to the things that are really important in life - dance magic dance! hehe.

Blessings and faery sparkles :D
Sezo
x

Rattiemama

That's a great idea! I love both Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal. You know . . . you remind me of the babe . . .

huredriel

Hi Katie and welcome to Aeclectic ...... sounds like you have a wonderful connection to your faeries ....... look forward to seeing you around the forum :)

x Huredriel

a_shikhs

Hey Katie,
wow... Your connection with the fearies seems really strong.. cool. :) I recently got this oracle and truly love it. I feel as if the faeries are my best friends and boy, they love chattering away to glory.. ;) hehe...

I havent really been spending enough time with them. But promise to do so right after my exams in march..

I would love to hear some of your lovely fae experiences.. :)

Shikhs

Rattiemama

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I am glad to see some of the folk from the main newbie scetion here as well. Many of you have asked about some of my expeiences with the fae . . . well, ask and you shall receive. . . . maybe you'll be more careful what you ask for next time. ;)

Well, if anyone will understand this . . . I'm hoping it will be you folk. I see things that most people don't, both intuitively and litterally. I don't know how many people here are familiar with Aura reading, but I see them sometimes, and I have an Indigo and Crystal Aura, very strongly. Ever since I was a child I've been strong willed and a non-conventional thinker. One of my first memeories is from telling my mother about the things and people I saw, and seeing her react with fear . . . so I chose not to tell her anymore. I am usually very careful who I talk to about these things . . . so it is both wonderful and frightening to do so here.

Spirits, is a term I use to refer to all things beyond most people's perceptions. Other types often speak to me, but fairies rarely do. With fairies, I can simply feel what they are saying. They do not appear to me as Froud's pictures, but usually as beings of light, a shimmer, occasionally morphing into a face, an arm here, a piece of a skirt. I think they vibrate at too high an energy for me to see clearly. I have seen them since I was a child. I grew up in San Francisco near a large canyon and my mother never understood why I liked to climb off the trails to the thick of the wooded areas (if you can call them that) and laugh at the air.

When I was a child, observing the twinking lights of the city, I told my mother the lights twinked because there are thousands and thousands of faires flying through the air. You can't normally see them, but when a bunch of them happen to line up, it partially blocks the light, and when they pass eachother again, it comes back. She thought it was adorable. I thought it was the truth.

Ok I think that is enough sharing for now . . . don't want to overload you on my first week! One last note, on my trip, I found a crystal ball (made of Calcite) which had a great energy. I had been looking for one for some time. When I retruned home and showed it to my husband, he had to queue up the scene from Labyrinth where Bowie first appears and offers her the crystal. So I will leave you all with this . . .

"It's a crystal . . . nothing more . . . but if you turn it this way, and look into it . . . it will show you your dreams." - Labyrinth

sagewriter

hey there! it's such a great experience when you finally find your faeries (or rather, when they find you!). they are my favourite deck as well.

do you have a favourite faery yet?

SunChariot

Hi Katie,

Nice to see you here and to have the chance to meet you.

I'm with you on Brian's artwork. I adore it and I'm sure most of use here do.:grin:

I adore this deck as well. It is one of my favourites. I alternate between loving this one most and the Osho Zen. But usually I just say the Osho Zen is my favourite Tarot and the Faeries' Oracle is my favourite Oracle.

Me too, I find the readings incredibly accurate. I recently had two done for me in reading exchanges with this deck that were so deep they had me literally crying. LOL Totally made me see things that I had not, or maybe had not been willing to look at before. And both were real breakthrouhs for me and totally changed my life. And for that I am immensely grateful.

This, since the deck is about faeries, is my spontaneous deck. I use very specific ways of shuffling and choosing cards normally. And always the same rituals, light my candle, do it at my desk. This deck is for spontaneity and invention. The faeires I think like that better. They're always wanting to play,and not into overseriousness... I never use the same method twice for anything with this deck. I invent a new way each day, what I feel like doing to find the cards, the more amusing the better, and it still always works. :grin:

I myself have a faery necklace that I wear every day to celebrate my love for the faeries. I sent you the pic below. :griin:. It's by Amy Brown, whose faery artwork I love too. Hey when is Brian going to get into making jewelry?????
Anyway the model of my necklace is called "The beginnings of Magic", and I can't deny that the faeries are that for me. They're all so magical.:grin:

Sorry things have been so tough on you and your husband lately. I hope that clears up soon for you and I know the faeries will be a big help.

Take time for youself and look after yourself,

Babs

Attachments

• tp1666.jpg
    tp1666.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 127

SunChariot

Rattiemama said:
T

Well, if anyone will understand this . . . I'm hoping it will be you folk. I see things that most people don't, both intuitively and litterally. I don't know how many people here are familiar with Aura reading, but I see them sometimes, and I have an Indigo and Crystal Aura, very strongly. Ever since I was a child I've been strong willed and a non-conventional thinker. One of my first memeories is from telling my mother about the things and people I saw, and seeing her react with fear . . . so I chose not to tell her anymore. I am usually very careful who I talk to about these things . . . so it is both wonderful and frightening to do so here.

Spirits, is a term I use to refer to all things beyond most people's perceptions. Other types often speak to me, but fairies rarely do. With fairies, I can simply feel what they are saying. They do not appear to me as Froud's pictures, but usually as beings of light, a shimmer, occasionally morphing into a face, an arm here, a piece of a skirt. I think they vibrate at too high an energy for me to see clearly. I have seen them since I was a child. I grew up in San Francisco near a large canyon and my mother never understood why I liked to climb off the trails to the thick of the wooded areas (if you can call them that) and laugh at the air.

When I was a child, observing the twinking lights of the city, I told my mother the lights twinked because there are thousands and thousands of faires flying through the air. You can't normally see them, but when a bunch of them happen to line up, it partially blocks the light, and when they pass eachother again, it comes back. She thought it was adorable. I thought it was the truth.

Ok I think that is enough sharing for now . . . don't want to overload you on my first week! One last note, on my trip, I found a crystal ball (made of Calcite) which had a great energy. I had been looking for one for some time. When I retruned home and showed it to my husband, he had to queue up the scene from Labyrinth where Bowie first appears and offers her the crystal. So I will leave you all with this . . .

"It's a crystal . . . nothing more . . . but if you turn it this way, and look into it . . . it will show you your dreams." - Labyrinth

Well I certainly understand anyway. Honestly, I just got the deck originally because I thought the artwork was so beautiful, still do of course. LOL

I did not have your past or believe in real faeries at all when I got it and certainly did not expect too. And then along comes the deck and the book with it that starts out by telling you that the faeries are real and telling you how to contact them in a real way. I have always been open to trying things like that. I couldn't proove they don't exist so what the heck, may as well try what the book suggests and see if they really do.

Katie, once I opened myself to really trying to do what the book suggested, there they were real faeries. It was amazing and scarey at first as it challenged my ideas of reality and life. There were days when I just heard them, sometimes saw them, usually as light...Enough times to convince me as well that they are real. Got over the fear more and more in time. LOL Now, it's just comforting to know they're around,

That is one thing that makes the deck so special to me. I really sense it is not just cardstock, but I am communicating with real faeries. I love to do those meditations on the cards too where you enter the card and interact with and talk to the faery/faeries there.

I would love to hear more about auras one day. I am becoming more and more fascinated with that. I have yet to see one (of any colour at all), but I would love to one day.

Be well,:grin:

Babs