How do you connect with Querent?

Hushdwhisper

Thank you all! You have given me alot to think about and some very useful ideas. Often I find when I sit down to read for someone else, that the first spread I draw is meant for me. I'll give some of these ideas a try and keep in mind that I should go with the first spread and those little insticts regardless of how off the wall they may seem at first, especially as I am trying to read more intuitively.

Blessings,
Hushd

SunChariot

Hushdwhisper said:
I've used my oracle (and my tarot) to gain insight for myself for quite some time. However, I've only recently begun to read for others. I find it easy to pickup on the Querent's energy when we are face to face, but when reading at a distance (say over the internet) for someone I find myself having to lay two or three spreads before I am able to connect with the energy of my Querent. Does anyone else experience this? Do you use any "tricks" to help you connect faster?

Blessings,
Hushdwhisper
I suppose it depends on how you read. But I think you are trying to hard. :grin:. Relaxing is going to give you a better reading. I peronally will only read for someone who is not there with me in the room. I really dislike reading for someone who is there.

I do everything exactly the same as I do for a regular reading and my readings for others have always been accurate.

1) light my little scented candle and meditate on the flame to relax my mind
2) Ask the universe to send me the best cards and for the wisdom to read them in the best way
3) Shuffle while repeating the question in my mind...deal the cards...and read them.

The thing is I read intuitively with all my decks, just looking at the images, seeing what stands out in them for me on that day (it can well be different things each time I see the same card) and instictively feeling what those things (Colours, shapes, textures) remind me of on that day. Just the first thing that comes into my mind...keeping teh question in mind, and relating back the feelings and memories I get to the question. That and just talking to the faeries

Well, anyway that's how I read, and it works exactly the same with any deck and just as accurately whether I am reading for myself or for someone who is not there.

Honestly, I don't ever try to pick up the querent's energy, I just ask for the right answers to come, feel them inside me and they come. Maybe you don't have to pick up their energy. The querent, after all, does not yet know the answer. For me I think it's more about trusting that the answers they need are out there in the universe or collective unconscious (or wherever you think the answers come from. :grin:) and it's just tuning into the place where the answers exist.

Well those are my opinions

Babs

SunChariot

brenmck said:
But I noticed when I started to write out the reading longhand, things would come to me that I would wonder "do I dare say that?" But they seem to demand to be written, so I go with it. There have been many times I was sure someone would tell me I was completely crazy, but that's never happened. It's in the act of writing more than when the cards are first drawn that this happens. I haven't yet been given anything that is extremely personal, but I think that will happen as I increase my openness.

brenmck
In my experience, it's usually the things that sound the most far-fetched when they come to mind and make you wonder if you dare say them, that are the most accurate parts of a reading. LOL These thoughts come to us for a reason, although the way we chose to word something is important too. :grin:

Babs