Queen of Wands

divinerguy

She does the proper thing, because it is proper.

RiccardoLS

- filling happiness
- creative thoughts brought to life
- confidence
- passionate will (yes, just one key, but that's because I'm seriously bad ^_^)
- bursting with life
- strong willed person
- confidence
- attitude without arrogance, secure, and curious
- a good place after a difficult journey
- fertile
- she does the proper thing, because it is proper

I just made a list of the key concepts, waiting for suggestions on how to proceed.
Yet, I'm curious... as I think I can see two different directions in what has been written.
Some of us focus on the pregnancy of the card and all the relevant connections (joy, creation, fertility, nourishing, etc...)
Some of us focus on the strength she has (attitude, contence, sureness, confidence, properness).

I'm wondering if the key concept we are looking for is somewhere hidden between these two families of meanings. Or maybe it's time to fight each other and sing to different tunes for a while?

Ric

Dwaas

Hello all,

Riccardo wrote:
I'm wondering if the key concept we are looking for is somewhere hidden between these two families of meanings. Or maybe it's time to fight each other and sing to different tunes for a while?

I believe that THE key concept does not excist. Of course when we look at what we have written a certain kind of meaning will be visible. But as Riccardo already said there may be two families of meanings. Or even much more! Possible the key concept depends highly on the querent, the question, the spread, the answers in general from all the cards, etc. Maybe the different families of concept do not have to fight each other, but they have to await their appearance depending on all different circumstances as mentioned and more. I was asked to give a key concept as small as possible. And then even I failed to name it in one word :)
Now if I was asked to describe all the different meanings for this only card may be I would have come up with tens of meanings. And they are all right, FOR ME, in my different spreads with different questions and answers. Did I answer your question Riccardo? I'm afraid I didn't... It is just thought if it is really possible to have a key concept of one or just a few words for cards with so much indepth. Somebody else may babble less then I do.

Blessings

lunalafey

Charged with the energy of growth.

RiccardoLS

Dwaas said:
I believe that THE key concept does not excist. Of course when we look at what we have written a certain kind of meaning will be visible.

I think it is not a matter of if it does exist or not...
What we call (or call not) Key concept is just part of the way we look at a card... or maybe even of the way we communicate among each other regarding the card.
What I want to say is that it exist as long as it is useful ^_^

As I said, I think the main use for the key concept is an exercize in synthesis. Forcing myself to express a card in one simple concept I gain clarity in the many nuances and in the priorities of the card.
I don't want to see the key concept as a limit, rather as a cornerstone (and probably I will forget about it, once I will have reached a greater level of complexity).

This is the next exercize I'm proposing.
Start from the Key concept you have found (it was one sentence, wasn't it?)... then add 5 subsidiary concept. They will start developing the card.
(once when studying Kung Fu my instructor said: to learn you first have to learn a movement in a square, chiseled, way. The more you practice, the more you feel that movement, you will learn to smooth it. Will the first movement you have learnt wrong? No, and yet yes. It will be a part of what the movement has become, but you will no longer use it).
Just two rules:
- the 5 subsidiary meanings should be one sentence each, like the key concept.
- they should be stand alone. They don't have to need the others to have sense or to express what they are.

As before, I think... the journey to decide and to sinthetize those meaning will be useful more than the result.

RiccardoLS

I added another way to proceed (actually it was Moongold idea) in the Hanged Fey thread.

Best,

ric

Jewel

Key Concept: Creative Life Force

5 subsidiary meanings:
1. Passion in all its aspects, yet grounded
2. Encouraging and nurturing
3. Strong and fair
4. Charismatic, likeable
5. Reliable

A real life instance where this card is present to me is in teaching and mentoring. Not necessarily academic, but for instance helping others with creative projects, new ways of doing things, joining in the enthusiasm of another person and supporting them.