Various planetary attributions...

thantifaxath

No matter

Hello good folks, i decided to drop the planetary attributions altogether!...well thats not strictly true, figured that no one really agrees, so that could only mean one thing, its not important, there is no 'true system'..naturally my brain had a fit!....so my brain and I settled on the 'truth' that only having a system is important, what it contains is of no real importance, though it is better to have the most expansive model you can muster, so because I sometimes need an arrangement when i'm reading for folk that like that kind of thing, I go with the golden dawn version, no better or worse than any other...seems to work, money gets earned and thats the proof ....you know ...its not real until its earthed and all that jazz ....au revoir

Dave's Angel

Give it a try, why not?

I was taking my cue from Regardie only, where from his table he gives seven letters with more than one transliteration. As my own knowledge of Hebrew linguistics is hardly marvellous, I had to start somewhere.

I did put in my post that this was just a brainstorm - an off-the-cuff response, not intended to be deep study OR a comprehensive survey, and that seems to have been passed over.

venicebard, I don't think Barry mistakes Gematria and Kabbalah - I haven't read the book right through yet (still going - lots there!), but he begins his preface to the book with an "apology" for using the word. (It seems he used the word Qabalah in the title as a figure of speech, which kind of makes me wonder why he didn't just come up with a better title...)

kwaw

thantifaxath said:
i decided to drop the planetary attributions altogether!...well thats not strictly true, figured that no one really agrees, so that could only mean one thing, its not important, there is no 'true system'...so my brain and I settled on the 'truth' that only having a system is important, what it contains is of no real importance, though it is better to have the most expansive model you can muster,

Took me quite a while to figure that out, well done.

Kwaw