where can i purchase in uk?

beyond illusion

hi im new here, have had thoth deck,but my ex kept it when we split up,we got it from manchester about 6 years back, it was large deck in a white box,with red writing on it,now i want to get a deck formyself and confused which one to get? as heard that some have green tinged colour on them and are not very vivid.want to know where in uk,i can send of for correct ones? i asked in manchester and they dont do ones in white box now,they do small ones in purple box that i think r swiss would be ok but there not large. can anyone tell me where i can buy the right ones?? thank you

Lillie

Chances are, if your old one was 6 years old, large size and in the white box, it was the green one.

I have a thoth like that, originally bought then, and it is very green.

My first deck (20 years ago) was also green, but I did not realise til the muller came out and then, in comparison I saw the green.
I had never thought about it before.

The ones you could get now, new, in the white box, will not be green, but will have the white border around the backs.

Try Ebay, lots there.

Dean

U.k

Hi Beyond illusion, thats what i've been looking for a new large Thoth deck in white box, and i think i have rang every shop in the U.K so you can imagine my phone bill. It looks like no shops have that deck in the white box in the u.k, but i did see on ebay the large Thoth in white box a few weeks ago. I recently bought a nice large Thoth deck in the green box and the colour was not that tinge green the ISBN code is 0-91386615-6. Let us know how you got on.

Emily

I also bought my large Thoth new off Amazon UK - on the website it has a white box illustrated but the box is green :- ISBN 0-87728-452-0 - This is the Weiser edition and the cards are 'AG Muller 1996'. These are nicely coloured with no hint of the green tint to them. They do have the white border on the back though and the multi-coloured unicursal hexagram card.

I also have an old white boxed Green-tinted Thoth but I bought it used. I don't think you would be able to buy this version of the deck now.

Edited to add:-

I've just checked on this deck on Amazon UK and they've changed the image to the green-box one you receive but they have also upped the price to £17.99p. I bought mine in March 04 and paid just under £9.00 for it. I wondered how long it would be before they realised that the price was wrong.

When I bought it last year I thought the price was cheap compared to the other versions of this large deck.

Lillie

Very recently I have seen on Ebay, large, white boxed thoths.
These seem to be new, or nearly new. The box is the same as the old one (the one part, OTO box) that used to contain the green cards. but the cards in them are the new style with the white border round the backs. (and not green I assume.)

So, if you are like me, and are very fussy about the small details, like that border, you are going to be very careful abouit what you buy.

The white OTO, USG box is much nicer, and far more 'occult' looking than either the Weiser green/purple 2 of discs box, or the blue Muller box with the magus.

Possibly they have started using the old box design, but with the new cards in.

Emily

Hi Lillie,

I think you may be right - I went back onto Amazon last night and had a search around and found a white box Thoth, new for £9.82 - ISBN 0880793082 . It doesn't give any details of the cards though.

Edited

I've just deleted the link - I checked the ISBN and its the small Thoth - so Amazon UK really have got the advertising wrong on this one.

beyond illusion

hi

yes looked on e bay,got my friend to bid for one and was out bidded at last moment,then saw another box to buy and asked my friend to get it [ive no credit cards you see-to buy online]i will pay him the cash. got ones in white box. now on look out for blue ones large,there was a pack on e bay last night for £22 but i looked again today and it had gone,very high demand for them isnt they? thanks for advice everyone.x.

Lillie

High demand?

was this for the 2 part box? or the ordinary one?

People buy them, but loads come up, all the time.

Someones been trying to sell a greenie, buy it now for £35! no on has been daft enough. Even though the seller says it was owned by a 'practicing occultist' or some such blarney.
At one point this seller had 3 listed, all the same, with the exact same discription!

Were they all actually the same deck I wondered.

Anyhow, he prices them too high, no one buys.

God! I take it back. People are that stupid.

I just went and checked. 2 people have had a bidding war over onedeck and it's on £31!
There is another going tomorrow that's only on £2.50.

Both in white boxes. Both not showing the cards so you don't know what you are actually buying.

Duh!

They quite often go for around a tenner, so, don't be fooled.

Emily

Well I'm sitting here really really tempted to order this white boxed Thoth off Amazon just to see what I get. The only thing stopping me is I already have 4 versions of this deck lol. And that includes my greeny.
(Nope - won't be ordering it now lol)

Edited to add:-

I've deleted the link in my original post - its the small Thoth - they just have the wrong picture.