Book Depository shipments arrive damaged!!!!

gregory

autumn star said:
I have a similar situation with the Book Depository too. I made a order with them just before christmas and it's still not here :( I have kind of given up hope of it ever arriving - it's been longer than a month now. Usually, mail from the UK or US arrives here within a four week period - a month is the longest I have ever had to wait for an order - the average would be 10 - 14 days. I think I may contact them if it's not here soon.
Hah.

THAT will be the Royal Mail. They are STILL using the Bad Weather as an excuse. I await a parcel from the US posted on DEC 7th. A small, cheap book.

But sure - contact them. The more people hit the Royal Mail over the head the better I shall be pleased :mad:

alec

Perhaps the issue has to do with the interaction between the UK and US mail systems?

I've purchased quite a few items from Book Depository, but have noticed since about October last year the delivery time has been horrendous to NY. Their customer service has been great - and everything has worked out fine in the end, but in one case it took > 6 weeks.

The damaged/loose cards sound like a mail problem - not a book depository problem. Imagine they would be very quick to remedy.

Alec

autumn star

gregory & alec - So, I'm not the only one waiting for something ;)that gives me hope that my parcel will finally arrive. I hope that the parcels you are awaiting arrive soon!

linnie

I actually have someone in France waiting on a parcel from ME!!! ... It was posted 21/12/10.... I know I posted it in the same way as usual... It was just before christmas... and that's never ideal, but it has taken over a month and still hasn't arrived. I also sent parcels to Germany and the US, all of which have taken longer than previously. The postal system has been plagued ever since these bombings and increased security... My worry is whether the latest parcel to France is just a bit slower than usual, because...., in which case I thank its recipient for being patient, or whether it really has just disappeared into the ether, in which case I'll have to replace it before too much longer. It's all quite frustrating, on both ends...

Getting back to topic, though... I ordered a book from Book Depository just before Christmas... that book came from the UK, postage-free, it was wrapped really well with the book arriving in perfect condition, and, given the time of year, it arrived quite expediently... so... hmmm.... I was really happy with them... Customs checks are really slowing things down everywhere...

karen0205

gregory said:
Hah.

THAT will be the Royal Mail. They are STILL using the Bad Weather as an excuse. I await a parcel from the US posted on DEC 7th. A small, cheap book.

But sure - contact them. The more people hit the Royal Mail over the head the better I shall be pleased :mad:

I also ordered something on Dec 8 that is still not here. I was gold it's the weather. That seems a bit long to me. 2 months? How long should it take normally?

Stacy4484

I agree Royal Mail is awful

Stacy4484

Originally Posted by gregory
Hah.

But sure - contact them. The more people hit the Royal Mail over the head the better I shall be pleased

Royal Mail sucks!!!! I thought the US Postal Service was bad until I recently moved to the UK-my mom mailed me a parcel on Dec 18th figuring it would arrive xmas eve-it arrived like a week or 2 ago-I am waiting on 3 things from amazon 2-All 3 are from Book Depository-One happens to be 'Hermetic Tarot' (the others are easily obtainable books)-I don't have much faith in Royal Mail, never really did either, but if the parcels come damaged AND late I will be P. Oed!

avalonian

Well, I think Royal Mail are brilliant. To get things into perspective, we've had some of the heaviest snow for years which coincided with Christmas. I also live in Bristol (where we rarely get any snow to speak of) and was unable to get to Glastonbury a couple of weeks before Christmas because there were no buses running. The entire area ground to a total halt.

The Royal Mail postman, however, trudged to my door on the same day in all the snow to deliver a package. And delivered it with a cheery smile.

I have posted parcels from Bristol at 4:30 pm which have arrived in a town in Middlesex (over 100 miles away) the following morning for the grand sum of 96p.

Maybe we should give them credit for what they do achieve, rather than criticising them when they have problems due to extreme circumstances.

:) :) :)

Dancing Bear

I have never had any problems with Book depository UK..
Ever!!
If something is delivered damaged its replaced asap.
My chirstmas order also was delivered in normal time span.

They are extremely helpful with any complaints.
email and or phone them again.
and for those who are still waiting let them know they may be able to track your parcel.
or send a replacement.

You should be able to get this sorted, I would be extremly surprised if you dont , as Book depository are normal pretty good.

gregory

avalonian said:
Maybe we should give them credit for what they do achieve, rather than criticising them when they have problems due to extreme circumstances.

:) :) :)
I don't think failing to deliver parcels mailed on the 7th December by January 27th (and who knows how much longer) is OK. And sure, our postman is great.

But when I knew there was post for me in Carlisle, and I finally phoned to say where was it (I had paid customs on it 2 weeks before) they informed me that the MAIN ROAD to our local town was closed. As I had driven it several times and so had all the other delivery companies, this was rather a surprise to me.

Sure the weather has been bad. But - heck, I live in the Pennines, and people have been getting around - but they have chosen not to bother. Yes it was a bit extreme - but NOT that extreme. A friend DROVE into town to pick up the mail when they wouldn't bother to bring it - in her ordinary little Micra.

I'm sorry - I always give credit where credit is due - but they don't deserve it when they are STILL blaming the bad weather. That ended WEEKS ago - and I have several items still in transit.