Book Depository shipments arrive damaged!!!!

autumn star

Well, my order from the BookDepository arrived today - a little late but in good condition :) I ordered it sometime before christmas so it has taken just over a month - I do live on the other side of the world I suppose ;)

Aerin

gregory said:
I'm sorry - I always give credit where credit is due - but they don't deserve it when they are STILL blaming the bad weather. That ended WEEKS ago - and I have several items still in transit.

Book depository don't use them (RM) around my way. I have a parcel that is stuck somewhere random in ROyal Mail having been in the sorting office since 7th December (it is tracked this is how I know). Our problems have zero to do with weather - they have admitted it - they closed our sorting office and have moved everything to another sorting office who haven't been coping with the extra work. Things are bad enough for them to re-start Sunday deliveries in some areas, and the local MPs have got involved because the backlog is so great.

Have you contacted Book Depository yet tarot heart? It is hard for a company to correct something if they are unaware that it has happened.

gregory

Aerin said:
Book depository don't use them (RM) around my way. I have a parcel that is stuck somewhere random in ROyal Mail having been in the sorting office since 7th December (it is tracked this is how I know). Our problems have zero to do with weather - they have admitted it - they closed our sorting office and have moved everything to another sorting office who haven't been coping with the extra work. Things are bad enough for them to re-start Sunday deliveries in some areas, and the local MPs have got involved because the backlog is so great.

Have you contacted Book Depository yet tarot heart? It is hard for a company to correct something if they are unaware that it has happened.
RM delivers for almost all the other people - like TNT and the rest - mine from BD ALWAYS come with the mail. That's what is so SILLY about all this "competition" which just ends up with someone else paying the same old people to do the same work but probably for peanuts !!

But that is interesting - 7th Dec is when MY missing book was mailed (see today's Indy, Aerin !!!) And you are close enough to me that mine might be there too !!!

Dusk Till Dawn

autumn star said:
Well, my order from the BookDepository arrived today - a little late but in good condition :) I ordered it sometime before christmas so it has taken just over a month - I do live on the other side of the world I suppose ;)
I had items from the Bookdepository taking as long as 6 weeks, and i am located in Germany. I do not understand it, I had several packages packed badly, and Decks gotten damaged.

Libra8ca

I just got my order from bookdepository and everything was in perfect condition. It took 14 days to get to me however, which is quick judging by some of the comments here :bugeyed: Going to place another order now for the Oracle of Shadows and Light.....

avalonian

Libra8ca said:
I just got my order from bookdepository and everything was in perfect condition. It took 14 days to get to me however, which is quick judging by some of the comments here :bugeyed: Going to place another order now for the Oracle of Shadows and Light.....

It's worth bearing in mind that people don't tend to post saying "I ordered something and it arrived two days later" unless someone else posts saying that they had a problem.

It's a bit like news reports and newspapers, the bad news always outweighs the good, whereas if it was proportionally represented in respect of what actually happens everyday the bad news would be squidged away in a corner somewhere if it was there at all.

:) :) :)

Fionella

I've ordered many times from Book Depository (UK) and they have arrived safe and sound in Australia within a week. Very good service! But now I find 2 books I ordered a month ago - dispatched 3 weeks agos - haven't arrived. Is this due to the floods? Did they arrive but the post office lost it in the water? Or do I just have to wait?

Actually, I consulted the tarot - and I have got The Hermit. And my deck showed the Hermit looking at his existing library.... I felt the message was to look at what I already had before fretting about new arrivals!

gregory

avalonian said:
It's worth bearing in mind that people don't tend to post saying "I ordered something and it arrived two days later" unless someone else posts saying that they had a problem.

It's a bit like news reports and newspapers, the bad news always outweighs the good, whereas if it was proportionally represented in respect of what actually happens everyday the bad news would be squidged away in a corner somewhere if it was there at all.

:) :) :)
OK - I have had everything ordered SINCE January 3 arrive in perfect condition from bookdepository, play.com, tarotchest and abe books (which of course varies by seller) arrive within 48 hours.

That does not excuse the excuses they are still making for stuff they have frankly lost and don't want to admit to having lost, nor does it excuse blaming the "bad weather" several weeks after it went away. We shall be getting more such weather, and I suppose assuming they haven't burned the piles of mail from last time (and before you say anything - a few workers were charged after doing exactly that a few years back, and I BET it has happened again since) they will pile the new "bad weather stuff on top of the old and ignore it in favour of newer mail too.

I feel sorry for my seller, who is getting loads of bad feedback on amazon (after having had 100% for YEARS) for something that is not her fault.

IdleAberration

The good and the bad.

I ordered from them last December, my Christmas present to myself pretty much. The site said order by X (I forget the date) and it would arrive by Christmas. I placed my order days before X and still my package arrived 4 days after Christmas (I was a sad, sad panda). I got real nervous for awhile but when it came I immediately excused the lateness because it was was busiest season for mail and I'm on the west coast of the U.S. The box that actually holds the cards was a bit torn (but not badly, although opening\closing it for the following days increased the tear), but that didn't much matter because I made a baggy for my cards soon afterwards.

More importantly, I would order from them again because my deck was almost impossible to find anywhere else, and where I did find it it cost twice so much as it did with Book Depository, plus they don't charge for shipping. 9$ deck with no shipping cost = insanity!

In the future if I find a deck I want from that site I'll just make sure I don't expect it on a certain day!

nisaba

Er ... I've had a few parcels from them in the last year (not all paid-for by me)and I really, really have to say that parcels have been prompt to turn up, well-packed and free of damage, and with zero problems.