Book Depository shipments arrive damaged!!!!

linnie

Yep, same.... and my own parcel from here to France is, as far as I know, still outstanding since 22/12/10... Another one took ages to arrive in Germany, so.... bomb threats, security, floods, snow... lots of stuff happening...

tarot heart

I just wanted to update this thread to say that Book Depository did indeed reimburse me for receiving damaged cards. And that one deck I ordered in December arrived...yesterday. So that's almost three months. But it is here and in perfect shape I might add. :)

gregory

OK - and my lost parcel from the US did arrive on FEBRUARY 9th. At least it was in perfect condition (amazon market place seller, and it was posted when she said it was - Dec 7th.)

It does hack me off that she has loads of bad feedback lately about late delivery - that is SO unfair. Till this business she was at 100% - and most of the bad feedback is from - the UK :mad:

Aerin

Yes. It is unfair to blame a particular supplier because the postal services are knocked off kilter.

Quite a few uk based amazon marketplace sellers are stopping sales to the US because they are getting horrible feedback based on US customs delays plus the use of freight planes/ ships instead of passenger planes for mail.

Le Fanu

I always leave positive feedback, unless something really disastrous happens (which never has) and you know it's their fault. Even with amazon I have had a few parcels arrive late but I know it isn't the seller's fault as I get an email when it is shipped. I know these sellers always try their best and must get a lot of wingeing customers who want everything yesterday (not that there are any on this thread, just saying in general). There are more important things in life than a package which takes a bit longer.

I have had parcels arrive late and even with the feedback form which says "did your parcel arrive by..." and it didn't, but I say it did anyway because what's a few days and I know they need their positive feedback and to post NO would be just spiteful. They posted it as fast as they could.

But then I'm crap at negative feedback. I even got ripped off on ebay once with a very shoddy sale, sent a very harsh message to the seller who was mortified (they knew nothing about tarot and had just got their facts wrong). But I gave them the benefit of the doubt and even they were surprised I didn't blast spite all over the net/ebay feedback. People will say "oh you have to warn others" but I sensed it was a one off anyway.

I would only leave very negative feedback in very negative circumstances.

The Book Depository, who this thread is about, have impeccable customer service in my experience.

gregory

While she was being lovely to me about it all, she did ask that if I wanted a refund, I could have one at any time, but would I please ask HER rather than Amazon, as when a buyer asks for one through them (even though you GET your money the same way !) they count it against the seller....

Fly My Pretty

I'm glad I found this thread as I was getting quite nervous that a deck I had ordered through the Book Depository a month ago still hasn't arrived. I guess I just have be patient.

nisaba

Although.

Recently I received a handwritten envelope at the address that ONLY the Book Depository has. No one else, no other site. (Why I set it up that way, lord only knows, but I did).

Because the envelope was not a window envalope and not typed, I assumed it was fron a friend somewhere.

The stamps were from Greece and I have some jetsetting friends, so I just through it was Lynn again, on one of her interminable holidays. I opened it. It was on a legal letterhead, one that would be easy to set up with WordArt. In fact, it WAS WordArt - I've used that very same decorative option myself om World documents.

The return address was Holland, even though the stamps were from Greece.

The text was Dear Mrs (wrong salutation) Surname (spelled correctly, and my spelling is a littel eccentric).

Then it went into the usual Nigerian scam: I am a lawyer in Scotland (different to either Holland or Greece), My name is so-and-so, I had a client with the same surname as yours (also correctly spelled) who died with no will and no relatives and $60 million in the bank, and I want you to claim the money, so that we can split it down the middle.

In other words, standard internet spam.

But on paper instead of in an email.

And at an address that only the Book Depository knows.

Now, it is actually quite difficult to hack a client list with addresses and everything unless you work at the business, and spammers often offer mega-dollars for access to "mailing lists". It would have been easy enough for them to convinve Book Depository they were a publisher requiring their customer-list in order to do market research on what people were reading, or something.

I for one, knowing where the information about that address leaked, will not be going back.

Le Fanu

nisaba said:
It would have been easy enough for them to convinve Book Depository they were a publisher requiring their customer-list in order to do market research on what people were reading, or something
nooooo You think so?

I'm quite shocked by this story.

That reminds me, I have a parcel from the BD which is aaaages in coming. I keep giving it one more week.

One of three parcels which have vanished. All posted at around the same time.

shadowdancer

well it does appear it depends on where you are with regards delivery times.

I still use BD having moved to NZ and guess what - longest delivery time after it has been cofirmed as shipped has been 2 weeks. Once a book was somewhat battered. They offered a refund or replacement instantly, and didn't want to see the photos as evidence. I took the refund and it was also instant

Davina

PS not liking that story though Nisaba. That is well dodgy :(