Irish Fairy Cards

dolphinprincess

I found these cards on Joan Bunning's site.. and they look really cute... yet they look like they could probably give good readings.

Does anyone have these cards?

http://www.learntarot.com/ifdesc.htm

I'd be interested in any opinions. Thank you.

skytwig

Cute... I don't have them, but I would use them. :)

Logiatrix

My mini-review...

DP,
I had this a couple of years ago, and I enjoyed it very much.
I especially liked those bright, whimsical cards.
Lots of frog-green and sky-blue, my two most favorite colors!
They kind of remind me of "Inner Child Cards meets Celtic Wisdom Tarot," in terms of art style (however, the cards are standard tarot-size, not large like those two decks).
A lot of the cards parallel the tarot, which I liked a lot, because I didn't (still don't) like having to look up the cards in the book. The book is pretty basic but informative; softcover with b/w illustrations.
Anyway, I found it to be a nice alternative to tarot, and I did indeed get good readings from it.
If you want a gentle, fun and vibrant oracle, this is definitely one to invest in.
:)

dolphinprincess

Thanks for the review :eek:).. I think this oracle may just be heading to my wish list!... It does look like something I would enjoy - and , like you, i really love the colors ...

6 Haunted Days

I LOVE this set!

I just got them last week and love them much more than I expected! The book is much more indepth and meaningful than most that come with these kinds of decks. It's a regular sized book And the artwork! It's very evocative. I just want to live in some of the cards.....Hideaway being one of them! And Old Gateway is a delight. Many cards I love. And the author has a wonderful way with words, her writing brings a feeling of magic, enchantment and entering other realms.

I also like the numerous spreads she has in the book, as well as the idea of the fairy I ching. I think if you love fairies you would love this treasure.

Sweet Irish Angel

Hey peeps

oh they look fantastic, I so wanna get them, I have not seen them on sale here in Ireland tho :eek:(
Must have a look for them!!

Sammie

I have these cards and like them very much.

Usually, I just do a one card draw with them every once in a while - it is always very insightful.

They are very visually appealing and nice quality, too. The book is very good.

They sometimes come up on eBay for a reasonable price.

room

6 Haunted Days said:
I also like the numerous spreads she has in the book, as well as the idea of the fairy I ching.

I was interested in your comment 6HD. Can you explain this please in relation to this card deck and how she says you can use it for I Ching? I see the 64 cards are numbered so it's probably a straight association and you'd have to look up I Ching comments in a secondary book? Or does she have I Ching commentary in the book? I guess what I mean is--is the commentary silly or cute or is it respectful of standard I Ching meanings? Could you post an example from the book on one card with her I Ching meaning for it?

I collect I Ching decks so this might be neat to use.

I love the names on the cards. The "Go Getter" was particularly charming.

Thanks.

6 Haunted Days

room said:
I was interested in your comment 6HD. Can you explain this please in relation to this card deck and how she says you can use it for I Ching? I see the 64 cards are numbered so it's probably a straight association and you'd have to look up I Ching comments in a secondary book? Or does she have I Ching commentary in the book? I guess what I mean is--is the commentary silly or cute or is it respectful of standard I Ching meanings? Could you post an example from the book on one card with her I Ching meaning for it?

I collect I Ching decks so this might be neat to use.

I love the names on the cards. The "Go Getter" was particularly charming.

Thanks.

She doesn't have seperate I Ching meanings in the book. You just do the 3 coin for 6 throws and tally up marks etc and then find your hexagram from the upper and lower trigram...it's a chart with all the card numbers but each line or line dot line is labled differently....sky, thunder, water, mountain, earth, wind, fire, lake. Not sure how those labels play into it yet. That sounded complicated lol. I hope you got what I was saying. I haven't used I Ching in over 10 years.