The Fairy Pack by Claire Nahman

Jewel

Pumpkin said:
I found it. That was odd. I did a search earlier and got nothing even with her name.
Did you order it?

MareSaturni

This deck 'Fairy Pack' by Claire Nahmad is the one illustrated by Danuta Mayer - the same artist who illustrated Sally Morningstar's 'Wicca Pack'.

This deck is nice, but mostly for personal meditation, in my opinion. It has fairy rituals, the cards are very beautifully illustrated, the quality of the box & the book are great. But it's true that the card stock ain't very strong, but nothing too awful. You know, it's the same style of the 'Wicca Pack'.

But it's really great, i like this deck. I don't use it much, but it's not because it's bad or anything. I just don't work so much with 'faries', that must be the reason. But i'd recommend it, if someone is interested in a deck about fairies that's not Brian Froud's one.

6 Haunted Days

The art on these cards is just gorgeous. For some odd reason this deck is very overlooked among fairy decks, ironically it's about the only one out there that actually uses real fairies and discusses their real lore...talks about Rev. Kirkwood, Fiona Macleod, Yeats and the four fairy cities and actual historical folklore information on fairies. The book is beautifully done and the author obviously knows her traditional fairy lore.

The art is very surreal and unusual, erethral as fairy mist. The cards aren't anymore flimsy than 90% of the oracles out there and I got mine lightly laminated for $8 and they turned out wonderful.

Chronata

I still want this one...but I still don't have it.
I keep putting it off. Idon't know why...from what I can see, it is a beautiful little deck!

WolfyJames

This is my favorite fairy oracle deck. I got the Wicca Pack first and fell in love with the art and I had to have this one too. The art is very lush and beautiful. As 6 Haunted Days said, the author really talks about the real fairies and their lore and she even adds fairies from around the world which is something I've never seen in a fairy deck, like black fairies, asian fairies, etc., not enough of them though. One of the reasons why I love this deck is because it's not a fluffy pinky light sweet deck unlike most fairies decks out there that are so sweet you could die of an overdose of sicharhine. The colors and cards are mostly dark and vibrant. I tried connecting with the Brian Froud' dark Fairies deck but I got nothing out of it so the Fairy Pack kind of delivers in the non-fluffy fairy deck section, whose list is very very short.

Here is the Wicca Pack to have an idea of the art:

http://69.34.198.122/Packs/Wicca Pack/

Aulruna

I've taken a quick snap of some cards for you.

It never bothered me that the cards don't have rounded corners, but I've never had the shuffling problems many others encounter.

I love the deck because Claire Nahmad (who has also published a beautiful fairy spell book, Fairy Spells really has a deep understanding of the Fae.

I use it for all sorts of things, as altar cards or in spells, for meditation, but also for readings - it's a bit like the Fairytale, if you are a little familiarized with the lore, it's a great deck for "story telling" readings.

Attachments

• nahmad.jpg
    nahmad.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 182

WolfyJames

I've just opened an account at Multiply. It's great what you can do with this. I've decided to use it as a visual album for my tarot and oracle collection. I just created the Fairy Pack gallery where I put every scan I found on the Internet on the deck:

http://strangerealms.multiply.com/photos/album/5

cardlady22

Claire Nahmad & Danuta Mayer

I just got my set in the mail today! I am so excited . . . and corner-rounder equipped. :laugh:

I'll pop back on after I've had a chance to look at them some more.