Was this famous Tarot reader right or wrong?

llongborth

Ok. We don't know how tarot works. The fact that loads of people claim benefit and loads of others are frightened 'because' it works is interesting but not proof of effect.
For me tarot definitely 'works' as a medium to consider life. Whether that's because the ritual of card laying forces you to concentrate and THINK, in a world of instant gratification and unthinking action; or whether we tap into something more esoteric is not clear.
I came to tarot via CJ Jung: the cards correspond to Jungian archetypes. Being a contrary kind of bygr, the fact that 'science' refuses to consider 'intuition' as a form of knowledge ie won't even study it as any proper scientist should, pushes me to support tarot as a study.
Professional Tarot readers are bound to be biased to get results the payer wants, just as scientists produce papers that journals like to publish.
That's why I only read interactively: 'what do YOU see in this card, this spread. Oh, your focussing on the stream in the corner, not the blydi great knight in the centre. Why is that?'
My readings probably sound like a psychotherapy session rather than a shaman channelling wisdom. If some unseen hand is influencing proceedings, so much the better.

Debra

tarot_quest, my apologies, I read your response quickly and it did not stick in my mind. You are right--a 4 of wands would make me think "yes, a good approach for a stable, happy home."

I guess our answers might all be different if we could see all the cards she had for you!

I hope your current path is constructive and rewarding.